Chicago Airports X

Latest version: v1.4 (2020)

dornier
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Re: Chicago Airports X

Post by dornier »

Here's the attachment to my previous post regarding taxiways near runway 09R.

https://ibb.co/7bRqc1m
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Thanks, we will explore this.
Drzewiecki Design Customer Support
Airease
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: William

Post by Airease »

Great job and love KORD scenery.

I have one question.

Was comparing the airport diagram that came with Chicago Airports X and the KORD SkyVector airport diagram. The diagram that came with the scenery has runway 9C. SkyVector airport diagram only has runways 9L and 9R.

Is runway 9C supposed to be there?

Just curious
speedbird144
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by speedbird144 »

Pre-purchase question.
I see there is v 1.1 is out. I also saw a post in AVSIM where one of the simmer was reporting this issues I did not see was listed here> I hope he would not mind I quot it here:
What the ORD configuration is? Is it future proofed in terms of the layout of the runways? I asked because I came in on 9L the other night and as I was taxiing to the gate, I crossed 27C which is not a current config. Last night, taxiing to 9R for T/O, the taxiways didn't match the charts that I have from Navigraph. This isn't a complaint, just curious as to what they modeled it based on. Also, I don't believe my MCDU had that middle runway 27/9C listed and my taxiway callouts called "approaching 14R" still.
Thanks
speedbird144
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by speedbird144 »

I am also looking at the posted picture and I found several areas were not accurate:

american398
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: american398

Post by american398 »

still no green lights on the taxiway at night and ILS 10R still does not work after the update.
miketower21
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: mikey

Post by miketower21 »

Hi I noticed at MDW for only on runways 31C , 22L , and 4R there is no REIL strobe lights ? thanks
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Guys,
KORD layout is the "ORD21" confirmed layout, including the new runway. It is currently being constructed at the real airport. Our diagram shows exactly how airport taxiways are named in our version and where are they located. If you prefer to use the current layout, you can simply not use the new runway. Most changes are done to the NW hangar area and some to the NE cargo area. The center area looks almost exactly as it does now at the real airport.

Lighting looks exactly as at real airports, including no centerlines in KORD. RAILs should be active in KMDW, but they are SODE-driven so please make sure the you have the latest verion of SODE. Also please note, that lights would not work if using the "time preview" feature as SODE does not recognize the time correctly in this case.
Keycnk
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Charles

Post by Keycnk »

Martin_Starski wrote: Wednesday 29 May 2019, 18:50
Keycnk wrote: Wednesday 29 May 2019, 18:31 I am missing the terminal buildings.
Which buildings are you missing? It's possible that you have doubled entries in the scenery library - can you check this? Otherwise you may remove the whole package from your sim and then do the clean install of v1.1, of course with admin rights.
Terminal buildings. I tried a fresh install and still nothing. Really don't understand why this is happening.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

In case if missing buildings please go to the Scenery Library and if you find any entries related to Chicago X, please manually remove them.

@ Marcin - w tym przypadku z jakiegoś powodu "double entries" mogą być tworzone na zasadzie wpisu w XML oraz wpisu w Scenery Library. Nie musi chodzi o dwa wpisy w samym Scenery Library. Zazwyczaj jeden jest w XML (poprawnie) a drugi w Scenery Library (ten trzeba wywalić). Problemu odtworzyć nie mogę, ten wpis nie powinien się tworzyć. Być może niektórzy próbują dodać folder ręcznie, nie wiem. W każdym bądź razie w Scenery Library (w P3Dv4) nie powinno być żadnej wzmianki o produkcie, inaczej znikają budynki. To tak wyjaśniam pro forma, bo "double entries" skojarzyło mi się np. z dwoma wpisami w samym Scenery Library, a najczęściej nie o taki efekt chodzi (choć to też powoduje znikanie budynków).
Keycnk
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Charles

Post by Keycnk »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Thursday 30 May 2019, 07:24 In case if missing buildings please go to the Scenery Library and if you find any entries related to Chicago X, please manually remove them.

@ Marcin - w tym przypadku z jakiegoś powodu "double entries" mogą być tworzone na zasadzie wpisu w XML oraz wpisu w Scenery Library. Nie musi chodzi o dwa wpisy w samym Scenery Library. Zazwyczaj jeden jest w XML (poprawnie) a drugi w Scenery Library (ten trzeba wywalić). Problemu odtworzyć nie mogę, ten wpis nie powinien się tworzyć. Być może niektórzy próbują dodać folder ręcznie, nie wiem. W każdym bądź razie w Scenery Library (w P3Dv4) nie powinno być żadnej wzmianki o produkcie, inaczej znikają budynki. To tak wyjaśniam pro forma, bo "double entries" skojarzyło mi się np. z dwoma wpisami w samym Scenery Library, a najczęściej nie o taki efekt chodzi (choć to też powoduje znikanie budynków).
Seems to have done the trick. Thanks DD! :D
miketower21
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by miketower21 »

Everything is up to date ? all other lights and strobes are working fine ! But still no REILs on 31C,22L and 4R ? thanks
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Mike, please let us know some more details regarding your install. To do that, please find a file called "information.txt" in FS\Addon Scenery\Chicago X\Documents and share it with us by e-mail. Thank you in advance.
Airease
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: William

Post by Airease »

I stand corrected on my post about Runway 9C. Did not realize they were constructing a new runway.

My apologies.
miketower21
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by miketower21 »

Hi it said
[SYSTEM]
OS=Windows 10
Date=05/30/2019
Time=05:04:44
[PRODUCT]
Product Name=Chicago Airports X
Product Version=v1.1_b
Product path=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\Chicago X
addonXMLpath=%addonXMLpath%
[FLIGHTSIM]
Sim main Folder=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X
Sim Selection=604
CFG file path=C:\Users\miket\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\fsx.cfg
add-on.cfg folder path=C:\Users\miket\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX
scenery.cfg path=C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\scenery.cfg
[SODE]
SODE files=C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE