Chicago Airports X

Latest version: v1.4 (2020)

martin
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: martin

Re: Chicago Airports X

Post by martin »

I'm having trouble installing kord x into P3DV5. It installed but all i get is the jetways, no buildings.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Double scenery library entries perhaps.
martin
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: martin

Post by martin »

What is the correct way to uninstall KORD from FSX SP2 edition?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi Martin. You should run the installer, untick KORD in the installer's options and proceed. It should deactivate KORD then.

If you want to uninstall the whole package due to any reason, please simply remove its entry from the Scenery Library and then remove the respective folder from FSX/Addon Scenery. You should also remove the appropriate *.SDX files located in %programdata%\ 12bPilot\SODE\sdx\DrzewieckiDesign as well as possible *_ALT.bgl files located in FSX\Scenery\World\Scenery.
balan22
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Balint

Post by balan22 »

Hi everyone,

First of all, great job updating all of your sceneries to P3D5! Congrats for that.

I am writing here mainly to ask what might be the issue with my Chicago scenery... I am on the most up to date version of Chicago Airports X in P3D V5 however for some reason I seem to have some strange lighting issue at KORD. I haven't checked the executive airport whether that would have the same or not, but I believe it's only present there.

As you can see in the image I attached to my comment is that the dynamic lights seem to concentrate only to a very defined area on the ramp, which seems very unreal... This happens in both P3D4 and version 5 too, since the update. If you need any more information I am happy to provide of course.

Kind regards,
Balint
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

balan22 wrote: Saturday 09 May 2020, 16:42 strange lighting issue
Balint, please check this post and try again: http://drzewiecki-design.net/forum/view ... ?f=3&t=469
balan22
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Balint

Post by balan22 »

Thanks for the tip Martin, however even after copying them to the P3D v5/effects it's still the same...
clintos96
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: clintos96

Post by clintos96 »

Hello,

I've just purchased and installed Chicago Airports X and I'm receiving these issues at KORD?
Jetways mismatched, I can see scenery below the scenery if that makes sense.

I don't own any other versions of KORD so I'm not sure what the problem could be, I've also tried an uninstall..

Cheers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Does our scenery is on top of the scenery library? If it does, we need to get more information:

which simuator are you using?
what other addons do you have which may have an influence to this region?
have you tried to reinstall the scenery by running the installer with admin rights?
clintos96
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: clintos96

Post by clintos96 »

Yes scenery is at the top of the scenery library.

P3D V4.5 HF3
I've got ORBX NA and Chicago City installed.
Have attempted a reinstall with admin rights
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

This seems to be a mesh issue - probably there is some sort of a mesh addon conflicting.
mbell
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by mbell »

In P3Dv5 the 3D downtown buildings keep disappearing. I have Orbx Meigs. The only way I can get them back is to remove the folders in Addon Scenery and P3Dv5 Addons and reinstall. Is there a fix for this?
FransKes
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Frans

Post by FransKes »

Hi, I have both Washington X and Chicago Airports X. I have just gone to P3Dv5, so I downloaded the P3Dv5-compatible version this morning (my time). It seemed to install OK, but when I executed P3D5, it crashed before loading any scenery, even when I did not start off with KORD. I reinstalled it and the same thing happened. At that point, I was so frustrated that I spent $50 CDN on the FSNightmareTeam's Chicago - I hate it very much!!

How this happened: I had Chicago Airports X installed on P3Dv4 and it worked very well. When I installed P3dv5, I copied the Chicago entry in the Addon Scenery over to P3Dv5, and this worked well, too. However, last night, I uninstalled P3Dv4. I guess there were files not located In P3Dv5's Addon Scenery folder that were not copied over (I have forgotten the error). So I downloaded your latest version... No luck.

I would really appreciate any help.

Frans
FransKes
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Frans

Post by FransKes »

Please ignore my original post. After mulling it over for a few hours, I decided to uninstall the FSNightmareTeam's Chicago, and try to reinstall Chicago Airports X. Low and behold, it worked this time, after failing twice this morning. I am very happy now.

Frans
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

I always have some deep anxiety when I read about nightmares here, so I'm happy to hear that it's working now. DreamDesigners team of Chicago wishes you good flying! 8)