EETN Tallinn v2 XP

Latest version: v2.05 (2018)

Moter
50-99 posts
50-99 posts

Post by Moter »

wigry
You have a problem with NAVIDS on Mac OS?
Please attach Log.txt

Edit:
Try this https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxQMlD ... sp=sharing
Delete NAVAIDS folder and library.txt at you EETN scerery, extract NAVAIDS.zip to EETN scerery
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Thanks Matthew. I would appreaciate if you could keep an eye on this.
wigry
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by wigry »

Actually the issue was with the user theOlmn and we have been investigating the issue in x-plane.org forums. However the issues got solved and everything is working in that regard. What he did, was to take the X-Plane obj files from X-Plane default scenery and put them into EETN scenery NAVAIDS folder which fixed the issues. Apparently OS X version of X-Plane has difficulty handling objects with no thickness.

If you happen to be x-plane.org member, then you can follow the discussion here:
http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=81395

However I've posted couple of issues regarding the scenery in general and hopefully we will see the update soon.
Moter
50-99 posts
50-99 posts

Post by Moter »

Wigry, i read topic at x-plane.org. You disable library from eetn, now at approach from lake side you can see very large NDB on rwy heading.
My library replace standart NAVIDS, to empty .obj (in .obj square plane below earth)
You have skype? Please send contacts at pm
Sorry for my bad english
wigry
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by wigry »

Yes I totally uynderstand the side effects of the NAVAIDS removal. Unfortunately I don't have Mac, so cannot test. Scenery works welll on Windows.

However on Windows, there are issues with runway and also the gates at the side of the airport are laying on the ground. It would be nice to have these issues fixed.
theOlmn
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by theOlmn »

Ok, did some VFR-flyin around Tallinn. I found that mast on 08 final, otherwise that scenery did work fine with Wigry's fix. After a dozen of touch'n go's and finally Performed a ILS-approach at 08, went smoothly. Think im going to spend a lot of time testing my new X55 at EETN-airport in next few weeks :D
Moter
50-99 posts
50-99 posts

Post by Moter »

wigry.
Make screenshots you issues.
I have idea to fix NAVIDS, try to change scenery_packs.ini as in the screenshot, but first delete all lines containing EETN
I promise you, we are fix this issue
PS: I have Windows 8.1, i have no any issues
Garrappachc
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Garrappachc »

Hi,

I have this problem - I just bought the scenery, downloaded Linux/Mac installer. And I think it's not complete. I see default runway, default mesh and overlay. It's like the scenery didn't exist at all. I put all three directories in Custom Scenery.
Here's what I have after extracting the downloaded zip package:
http://sprunge.us/DTWG
I think some files may be missing - i.e. I don't see anything in Documents folder
Moter
50-99 posts
50-99 posts

Post by Moter »

Garrappachc wrote:Hi,

I have this problem - I just bought the scenery, downloaded Linux/Mac installer. And I think it's not complete. I see default runway, default mesh and overlay. It's like the scenery didn't exist at all. I put all three directories in Custom Scenery.
I think some files may be missing - i.e. I don't see anything in Documents folder
Try to delete scenery_packs.ini in custom scenery
Garrappachc
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Garrappachc »

Moter wrote:
Garrappachc wrote:Hi,

Try to delete scenery_packs.ini in custom scenery
Nah, it's not that.

[ Added: Thu Nov 27, 2014 16:13 ]
I believe it is corrupted zip package. Zip shows correct contents (all files are there), but after extracting it a lot of files don't exist.
Moter
50-99 posts
50-99 posts

Post by Moter »

Garrappachc wrote: I believe it is corrupted zip package. Zip shows correct contents (all files are there), but after extracting it a lot of files don't exist.
Can request package DD Stanislaw.
Sorry, but I am not have permission for that
Garrappachc
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Garrappachc »

Moter wrote:
Garrappachc wrote: [ Added: Thu Nov 27, 2014 16:13 ]
I believe it is corrupted zip package. Zip shows correct contents (all files are there), but after extracting it a lot of files don't exist.
Can request package DD Stanislaw.
Sorry, but I am not have permission for that
To have it clear - the corrupted zip package is what is on the server (bought in simmarket), I tried to download it a couple of times. It's not corrupted download.

Yeah, I could. Hope DD reads this thread.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Well, the ZIP package is not corrupt. It might be (however I am not able to test it) an issue with Mac unpacking ZIP files. Is there any other format Mac users can use? RAR?
Garrappachc
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Garrappachc »

It's Linux I use.
Well, my Linux never had poblems with any of formats - zip is nothing special for it. Native compression format here is .tar.gz, though.
theOlmn
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by theOlmn »

Hi, when i loaded EETN.zip from simmarket, my imac said that unzipping failed. I unzipped the package then manually. I could try to download that .rar version, if you have link for me Stanislaw. That scenery works now though with Wigry's temporary fix advise, that Navaids are overwritten by x-planes own navaids.