NY Airports v2 XP

Latest version: v2.1 (2018)

dehowie
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by dehowie »

Hi Guys
I have just picked up the new packs of New York Airports both volumes and the 1.6 version of NY City.
Can someone please put up the order they should be in the scenery INI please.
I have several hundred items in my scenery ini and dont trust any installer to delete it then let xplane rebuild it in some haphazard fashion.
I couldnt find a reference to the order of all the products in any of the manuals.
Thanks
Darren
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

dehowie wrote:haphazard fashion
The file is always rebuilt alphabetically, you can simply rename the folders to alphabetically match layers they need to be at. Same with all our products. BTW, you can always make a backup of your current file, rebuilt the original and see the result.
ErikN
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by ErikN »

I just upgraded to v2 and now X-Plane crashes to desktop after a little while. There is barely enough time to taxi to the runway, if that. This didn't happen with v1. I'm using X-Plane 11.11r2 on an iMac 2017, 4,2 GHz i7, 40GB RAM, Radeon Pro 580 with 8GB VRAM.

Rendering settings:
Visual effects: High (HDR)
Texture quality: Maximum
AA: FXAA
Number of world objects: High
Reflection detail: Minimal
Draw shadows on scenery: No

I have tried starting at both KLGA and KJFK with the same result. Although, I did fly from KEWR to KLDJ (touch & go) to KCDW (touch & go) and then landed at KJFK 13L without any issue. Then I taxied to 13R and took off from there, to fly over manhattan and land on KLGA 13, and I was just about to turn in towards RWY 13 at the PAYMI fix, and then it crashed to desktop.

Then I successfully started a new flight at the KLGA GA ramp, took off from RWY 22, turned to the right and flew over manhattan back toward PROUD and then PAYMI, and as I turned towards PAYMI it again crashed to desktop. The first time it crashed at KLGA I was holding short of RWY 22 pointed in the general direction of PROUD.

I seems like something west of KLGA is crashing X-Plane, which did not happen in v1.

I have notices that with v2 I sometimes have over 10GB of textured loaded, maybe that contributes to the issue?

My Log.txt is 1976 lines long, so I don't think it's a good idea to paste the whole thing here.
Both my Log.txt and my scenery_packs.ini can be found here on Google Drive:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/16MKbf8Pkc5SIf1q_cjc7-1vjDkNVZ6tn?usp=sharing

Any help appreciated.
jcbak
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: DavidDetAJ

Post by jcbak »

XP 11....I used the exe for the install.

[ Added: Sat Feb 24, 2018 15:02 ]
I had to remove the DD scenery and then copy files over from a clean install of XP to resolve the issue. There just is not ILS at those airports with the scenery. I copied the files manually, no installer over to my clean install of XP and it did pick up the ILS. I took the chance and copied them into my primary install where I first noticed the issue and it works fine as far as picking up the ILS. It seems there's an issue with the installer. Plus, I can't choose a location for the install when I run it.
ErikN
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by ErikN »

Also, I discovered that the ILS is misaligned for KJFK RWY 22R.

wawa
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

buildings no apear

Post by wawa »

I have purchased version 2, but the buildings do not appear.
Any solutions?
thx
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Re: buildings no apear

Post by DD Stanislaw »

wawa wrote:I have purchased version 2, but the buildings do not appear.
If you use New York City XP please make sure that you have the latest (v1.6) version installed.
S3rg1o
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Updrade discount

Post by S3rg1o »

Hi,
I don't know if this is the right location, regarding upgrade discounts
I bought NY Aiports XP (witch I presume to be V1) last year, on simshack.com, and I was going for the upgrade, but i can't find it on the same store, only FS/P3D. Do you have some sort of exclusivity for selected stores?
And by having V1 will I get discount for both V2 packages?
Thank you
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Dear Customers,
Although we are doing our best to provide you quick and reliable technical support, unfortunately there are cases when we are not able to help you simply because the problem is not in our responsibility. Such issues are usually related to our vendors and our vendors only can provide you customer support.

Our vendors are responsible for:
• Publishing products for sale with correct and clear descriptions and links
• Publishing updates and informing customers about new versions as soon as they are available
• Handling of all payment-related stuff
• Providing downloads and customer accounts
• Handling of all non-standard procedures related to purchases (like refunds or product change)

No matter how much we want to help you with all the issues, it is not possible for us to manage the issues above. Each store is privately owned, each one uses different procedures and each one has different policies and priorities. Additionally product publishing time is different in each store although all vendors receive products (and updates) simultaneously in one e-mail. Taking the above into consideration, we do need to ask you to contact our vendors directly in some cases. Each store has a ticket system, a support forum, an e-mail or at least an FB account. Any way to contact a store is OK to solve your problem. Summarizing:

Please contact our vendors directly in the following cases:
• A certain product is not available
(please note that publishing a product or an update can take up to a month depending on a store)
• Product update is not available (please note that free updates are treated by vendors with the lowest priority)
• Download problems/questions, unopenable files, corrupt installers (due to download)
• Discounts and special update offers
• Bought a wrong version of a product
(f/e X instead of XP)

Please note that writing to us (or on this forum) rather than contacting a store directly makes solving your issue a much longer task. Besides, usually we are simply unable to offer any help regarding the above issues. Sure in "extreme" cases we can contact store managers directly but they are usually very busy people and solving any problems this way simply takes much longer since it can take few days for them to reply. Stores have dedicated customer support services to make things faster and easier for customers and it is highly recommended to use them.

We highly appreciate your cooperation in this matter!
delta6952
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by delta6952 »

Are we going to acknowledge the ILS issue? Same issues here no glide slope @ LGA Rwy 4, KEWR 22R, KDCA 01. All worked fine before installation of this product
pops
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by pops »

DD Stanislaw wrote:
If you use New York City XP please make sure that you have the latest (v1.6) version installed.
I don't have anything other than New York Airports v2 installed, there is only one installation, and there is only one terminal (American) everything else is gone. It is immensely infuriating to see jetways but no buildings.
delta6952
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by delta6952 »

pops wrote:
DD Stanislaw wrote:
I don't have anything other than New York Airports v2 installed, there is only one installation, and there is only one terminal (American) everything else is gone. It is immensely infuriating to see jetways but no buildings.
Is your scenery load order correct? NY airports above global airports in the .ini file?
pops
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by pops »

delta6952 wrote:
pops wrote:
DD Stanislaw wrote: If you use New York City XP please make sure that you have the latest (v1.6) version installed.
Is your scenery load order correct? NY airports above global airports in the .ini file?
This is my scenery_packs.ini:

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/AEHD_Ramps/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/AEHD_Taxilines/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/DD_NY_Airports_v2_XP Documents/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/DD_NY_Airports_v2_XP_1KJFK-KLGA-KTEB_Roads/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/DD_NY_Airports_v2_XP_KJFK-KLGA-KTEB/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Global Airports/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KBOS - Boston Logan International/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KBOS - Boston Logan International Orthophotos/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KBOS - GroundTraffic City/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KLAS Las Vegas Mc Carran/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSEA Demo Area/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/MisterX_Library/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/OpenSceneryX/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - London/
delta6952
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by delta6952 »

pops wrote:
delta6952 wrote:
pops wrote:
This is my scenery_packs.ini:

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/AEHD_Ramps/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/AEHD_Taxilines/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/DD_NY_Airports_v2_XP Documents/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/DD_NY_Airports_v2_XP_1KJFK-KLGA-KTEB_Roads/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/DD_NY_Airports_v2_XP_KJFK-KLGA-KTEB/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Global Airports/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KBOS - Boston Logan International/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KBOS - Boston Logan International Orthophotos/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KBOS - GroundTraffic City/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KLAS Las Vegas Mc Carran/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSEA Demo Area/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/MisterX_Library/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/OpenSceneryX/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - London/

Just to clarify, ALL addon airports freeware/payware MUST go above “Global Airports”...cut and paste those lines above. Did you install proper version for your XP? Both 10 and 11 are offered and it can catch you off guard. Otherwise I’m unsure why it would not work. Try removing all NY files and re-installing. In this instance, place your Global Airports all the way at the bottom below everything else
Badl4ndz
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Badl4ndz »

I have just purchased both the V2 packs as an upgrade. I am using X-Plane 11.10 with FlyInside V1.91 and Win 10 x64 Pro 1709. I previously had NYC V1.5 and NY Airports V1. Don't every remember suffering any crashes. I have just installed both V2 packs and they uninstalled the V1 components automatically. After completion, I tried X-Plane in the NYC area and found it crashed within a few minutes. I checked the forum and spotted a post directing a user to update NYC to V1.6. I then downloaded the installer and installed NYC V1.6. It like the airport installers removed the previous version before installing to new version. After completion, I tried X-Plane in the NYC area and found it crashed within a few minutes again.

Any ideas please?