NY Airports v2 XP

Latest version: v2.1 (2018)

smokey43
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by smokey43 »

Ok, so now this really agitates me. I purchased several of your products and they are excellent! However do have some flaws. "YOU" post a message to purchasers and potential customers and quite emphatically state a "BRAND NEW" product update will be released in days. Then when questioned you point to a post that says in essence that it might never happen.

Sorry, I'm not gonna let you off that easy. Now you can choose to delete this post or not, as I will be posting in the Xplane 11 Forums and my friends at YouTube anyway.. but... When a developer of product whom you purchased from , admits to some needed changes and then states a new release is forthcoming in a matter of days, then that is what we as the consumer expects. Why post something like that and then without an explanation just ignore those that have supported you? Would you really stand for that if it was a product you bought?

Sir, I'm frankly surprised by this? Why risk your reputation in the community. It makes no sense. You chose to make a post , advising all of your XPlane customers , that a new release is days away.. Now simply make good on it. If not , then any response you choose to give in the future is baseless.

It is rare for me to express such displeasure as I always do some research before any purchase. In fact , based upon the quality of your New York scenery, coming to your forum and noticing you making reference to an update days away, I went and purchased not one , but two more of your products simply because of the beauty of the first one, and the posts you made showing good product support. It's my hope you address / fix this.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

It has few issues that need to be solved and it won't be released until they are solved, hence no ETA is available. The product is ready-to-go except for those minor issues. There is really nothing to elaborate about. It will be released as soon as possible but not earlier.

I am sure the community is more interested in getting the fully completed product than one with bugs, so I personally do not understand comments like:
smokey43 wrote:Days have turned to weeks??
...because what alternative do you propose? To release it "as it is right now"? Sorry, I won't do that. And definitely I do not understand "threats" like:
smokey43 wrote:Now you can choose to delete this post or not, as I will be posting in the Xplane 11 Forums and my friends at YouTube anyway
I mean... come on.
smokey43 wrote:When a developer of product whom you purchased from , admits to some needed changes
There are no "needed changes" as the product in question works fine for thousands of it's users, if correctly installed. Yes, we wish to update the whole package (and the install procedure as well) but this is not "needed" for correct operation of the product, we simply want to keep our products as up to date as possible.
smokey43
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by smokey43 »

DD Stanislaw wrote:It has few issues that need to be solved and it won't be released until they are solved, hence no ETA is available. The product is ready-to-go except for those minor issues. There is really nothing to elaborate about. It will be released as soon as possible but not earlier.

I am sure the community is more interested in getting the fully completed product than one with bugs, so I personally do not understand comments like:
smokey43 wrote:Days have turned to weeks??
...because what alternative do you propose? To release it "as it is"? Sorry, I won't do that.
I am sure the community was expecting the BRAND NEW product in days as you said. It also appears you already released an item with bugs or in need of fixes... in any event , I appreciate you at least making a response, even if it's not one I wanted to hear.. I still expect a BRAND NEW version. In fact I recall this being stated in the past regarding one that FSX or PRepared already have.... but I also , as promised have posted to the Xplane 11 forum and also my YouTube Friends.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

smokey43 wrote:I also , as promised have posted to the Xplane 11 forum and also my YouTube Friends.
This definitely does not help us to release the product quicker, if that was your intention.
smokey43 wrote:It also appears you already released an item with bugs
You are wrong. The product was released long time before XP11 was released and we simply made a free update to make it compatible with the new sim. Obviously it was an update and not a total overhaul which we are doing now.
smokey43
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by smokey43 »

Sir, Let me say as I did earlier... I have several of your products. I cannot deny that they are stunning. I'm not sure why I received warnings over a post in regards to for lack of better words "holding your feet to the fire" regarding a post you made , informing us of a Brand New release being days away. I thought my inquiry was respectful but was not expecting just a link to a post that said what it did... There is no reason to go over it again.

I simply wanted to know about the Brand New Release and it's status. That is all.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Roger that.
The given link did answer exactly to your question:
Some products are announced to be released at a certain period of time however these announcements should never be treated as a declaration.
I guess you simply prefered a more individual answer. Anyway, the idea of a custom-made answer is just the same as in our FAQ topic - until a product is released we are unable and we do not wish to make any declaration regarding a release date, although just as for our customers, it is in our interest to publish a product as soon as possible for obvious commercial reasons. If a product is not published as soon as customers expect, it means that it is not ready-to-go yet and the development takes longer than we though it might take (which is bad for us too).
smokey43
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by smokey43 »

I will continue to wait patiently then. Thanks for the response.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

You are always welcome.
Boggabri
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by Boggabri »

Me too.
The instructions re earth_nav.dat assume that I have a 'search' function in the .dat file. Not so, and I don't speak Linux.
There are so many references to e.g. KJFK, KGLA etc that I'm sure not all of them need to be deleted.
Disappointing, but I too, am waiting til this is resolved.
BoggabriBill
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

I guess this would require the XP team to change their custom navaid adding procedure (in exception to our automatic installers that will do everything automatically).
The DAT file is a text file, so in Windows you can search it with a Notepad. No idea about other systems though but Mac/Linux customers somehow do it.
Please note - you always have a choice not to install custom navaids at all. Most our products work fine with default navaids too, unless there are major changes like new runways f/e.
asarjip
0-1 posts
0-1 posts

Post by asarjip »

sorry for wasted post, I found the problem.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

NY Airports v2 XP for X-Plane by Drzewiecki Design will soon be available (currently being sent to stores)!

Product description:
NY Airports v2 XP: KJFK, KLGA, KTEBhttp://www.drzewiecki-design.net/prodNYAirports_XP.htm
NY Airports v2 XP: KEWR, KLDJ, KCDWhttp://www.drzewiecki-design.net/prodNYAirports2_XP.htm

English and Polish discussion and support in this topic / Dyskusja po polsku i po angielsku w tym temacie.

ImageImageImage

The upgrade from v1 to v2 is payware (with a discount). Differencies in comparison to the version 1:
Much better visuals
- 100% of objects re-exported
- new ground polygons with better textures
- new aerial images
- better detail objects (ground service vehicles, cars, people)
- animated objects
Performance up to 200% higher than in v1
- Extensive LODs
- Custom shadows
- Lights done from scratch
- All models re-exported and highly optimized
- All textures compiled to 4096pix sheets
- Ground polygons highly optimized
- New, optional static aircraft
Updated layouts (aprons, taxiways, markings etc.)
Full compatibility with XP10 and XP11
Support for XP11 native features like reflections, ATC, AI traffic, animated vehicles

Additionally:
The new version is not compatible with the old v1 version - the installer (Windows) removes it automatically but before performing a manual install (Mac / Linux) you need to remove New York Airports v1 manually from the Custom Scenery folder.
The product is distributed in 2 parts - "NY Airports XP v2: KJFK, KLGA, KTEB" and "NY Airports XP v2: KEWR, KLDJ, KCDW". While working perfectly together each part is still independent and can be separately installed.
218+ Install Procedure implemented
360Nielscope
0-1 posts
0-1 posts

Upgrade price and availability on the .org

Post by 360Nielscope »

Hey, sorry if this has already been asked, but what is the upgrade fee in Euro's? And when will the NYA V2 be available on the x-plane.org store?
You can always go around!
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
The update discount is about 35%.
Today or tomorrow I guess; Simmarket already has it.
teofilo
0-1 posts
0-1 posts

Post by teofilo »

DD Stanislaw wrote:Negative.
Wow I was really looking forward for Autogate compatibility with this update.... Please add it soon! :cry: