NY Airports v2 XP

Latest version: v2.1 (2018)

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Actually we did try 2 versions - with and without it - and without it looked much better.
Lets hope Laminar will provide a dedicated, native solution in the future.
stolowski
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by stolowski »

DD Stanislaw wrote:Hi.
The update discount is about 35%.
Today or tomorrow I guess; Simmarket already has it.
It's available on store.x-plane.org now, but no discount available (I own v1, bought it there a few months ago)?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

As far as I can see in the description:
Customers who own New York Airports v1 by Drzewiecki can get this new package at 35% OFF. Get the coupon code in your original invoice
...but personally I have no idea how this works, never bought anything from X-Plane.org myself. Please contact them directly if in doubt.
stolowski
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by stolowski »

DD Stanislaw wrote:As far as I can see in the description:
Customers who own New York Airports v1 by Drzewiecki can get this new package at 35% OFF. Get the coupon code in your original invoice
...but personally I have no idea how this works, never bought anything from X-Plane.org myself. Please contact them directly if in doubt.
Thanks, apparently they just added this sentence, I'm sure it wasn't there when I posted my question. The coupon code is not yet shown under my account, but I guess they're just updating all that today; if it doesn't show up later I'll contact them. Thank you.
[Knight]
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by [Knight] »

Still no auto gate? I don't get it you go and spend countless amount of hours on all these airports. but yet you guys cant find out how to make a rectangle with some textures on it and slap some PBR on just like everyone else that make sceneries. Sorry if I sound rude or ignorant but about 90% of the xp community uses autogate and the fact you have never bought anything of the xplane.org store has me baffled. Do you even know what your competitors are creating? When a new scenery comes out one of the fist things I look at is if it has autogate. I'm pretty sure I speak for at least 50% of everyone and if not than I guess I just sound like a complete assw****. I am really hesitant of throwing another 50 dollars to you guys, though I most likely will. Just keep that in mind next update.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

OK, this one does not have Autogate.
We hope Laminar will provide a dedicated, native solution in the future.
stolowski
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by stolowski »

DD Stanislaw wrote:OK, this one does not have Autogate.
I don't think you should count on Lamiar with this, it might take years. They have different priorities (flight model, VR) and much bigger gaps to fill (ATC, air traffic...). The XP community and 3rd party developers have developed solutions to workaround the limitations of X-Plane already, and they are widely accepted by scenery developers; most big airports ship autogate plugin for example and have full taxi routes + gateway + runway definitions so that WorldTraffic/X-Life can make use of them.

Speaking of WorldTraffic compatibility.. It has just been reported on x-plane.org forum that the metadata definitions of this airport has a lot of problems again - see https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/f ... mpatiblity ; can you provide an official fix/update for these issues this time with v2?
FanusMD11
0-1 posts
0-1 posts

problem's after installing the new york airports 2

Post by FanusMD11 »

Good Day,

I am having problems with the new york airports 2.

after removing new york airports 1 and downloading the installer for new york airports 2.

running the installer my KJFK looks TERRIBLE on my X-plane 11. I have even tried sorting out my scenary pack with no success. I am not the most intelligent person when it comes to X-plane as i just came across from P3d and not really good on IT ether. Please could some help me.

Kind Regards

Stephan Reussenzehn

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16Y2iUW ... g/view?usp
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1n5fKlJ ... w/view?usp
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1u-5gzb ... f/view?usp
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1447yWI ... m/view?usp
https://drive.google.com/file/d/17W_652 ... u/view?usp
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-b6wop ... r/view?usp
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xWCSJl ... V/view?usp
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FvoXtR ... c/view?usp
mauricecohen
0-1 posts
0-1 posts

Post by mauricecohen »

I just bought and installed both NY Airports v2 sets and have only checked out KCDW (my home airport) and Linden. KCDW still has some sign showing runways 9-27 (instead of 10-28). Also the crew and service trucks drive through hangars and crew cars are really not seen there in RL. This is quite sloppy.
rmdenby
0-1 posts
0-1 posts

No Animations or 3D people

Post by rmdenby »

I just purchased both v2 sets and have no animations or 3D people at any airport. I am using the Windows installer. Any help appreciated.
Musenberg
0-1 posts
0-1 posts

Post by Musenberg »

DD Stanislaw wrote:Negative.
Any problems in installing and emplementate Autogate via Overlay editor in ver. 2. ?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Re: problem's after installing the new york airports 2

Post by DD Stanislaw »

FanusMD11 wrote:my KJFK looks TERRIBLE on my X-plane 11
Hi. Please note, that if you use New York City XP, you need to update it to v1.6 prior to using the airports (the update is free).
mauricecohen wrote:KCDW still has some sign showing runways 9-27 (instead of 10-28). Also the crew and service trucks drive through hangars
Please specify a location where that sign is located. Yes, we were also noticing some weird moves of ground handling vehicles but it seems to be a yet-not-perfect traffic engine issue in-sim, since all routes are correctly placed. Anyway, as above, please specify an exact location where this happens so we could have a look.
rmdenby wrote:no animations or 3D people at any airport.
On some airports 3D people might be connected with Static Aircraft option, so if you remove Static Aircraft people may are also removed. Regarding animations - there should be animated terminal transit system vehicles in KJFK and KEWR as well as animated vehicles driving at all airports (at least in the newest XP11 version).
Musenberg wrote:Any problems in installing and emplementate Autogate via Overlay editor in ver. 2. ?
Just as I mentioned: "Actually we did try 2 versions - with and without it - and without it looked much better." - there were placement problems as well as visually it did not look acceptable enough. Please note that at all those airports there are many different types of jetways.
Moter
50-99 posts
50-99 posts

Post by Moter »

stolowski wrote:
DD Stanislaw wrote:OK, this one does not have Autogate.
can you provide an official fix/update for these issues this time with v2?
The problem with default airport flow in KLGA is confirmed, will be fixed after the release of EETN V2 (soon), but I do not promise to support WT3 because i never used it and I do not know all the specifics of working with it.
Everything is complicated by WED editor bugs that do not allow to locate objects and lines exactly by marking, this is one of the reasons why I do not use autogate.
All questions about XP versions scenery contact me.
jcbak
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: DavidDetAJ

Post by jcbak »

I purchased and installed both versions. There is no glideslope indicator when trying to fly an ILS approach to any of the airports in these scenery packages. It doesn't matter which aircraft I use. The localizer is active but not the glideslope. I uninstalled the scenery by removing it from my custom scenery folder but the same issue exists. These are airports I use frequently and until the install of NY Airports, I never had an issue with the glideslope. Is there a data file that may have been altered by the install?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
XP10 or XP11?
Manual or automatic install?