NY Airports v2 XP

Latest version: v2.1 (2018)

Captain Jainer
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by Captain Jainer »

Unfortunately don't have MS Word as I'm on a Mac. I will try to secure a copy...

[ Added: Sat Jan 03, 2015 14:19 ]
Thanks for your help. I moved this over to a PC and did the cut/paste and this worked. Thanks.
frede
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by frede »

In MAC, getting rid of all existing relevant VORs, NDBs, ILSs in earth_nav.dat is a pain.
Last but not least, it is impossible to use the new data out of a PDF document.
I have tried everything, from converting in Adobe to Word, from converting from Word to Rich Text Format, which leaves columns and a green background.
Why not provide an rtf document or just a brand new adapted earth_nav.dat?

If you transfer the scenery files to your custom scenery folder you get a crash due to lib/Airport/NAVAIDS/NDB_3.obj issues. To avoid it do not transfer 1 New York Airports XP high.

You get one of finest sceneries ever created but no traffic and no suitable NAVAIDS

Oh, well.

Freddy De Pues

(almost no static aircraft)
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

HERE is a new fix for Mac users. it should fix the navaids making problems on startup. Please unpack the file into X-Plane 10\Custom Scenery\1 New York Airports XP high and let me know if that worked.
Captain Jainer
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by Captain Jainer »

DD Stanislaw wrote:HERE is a new fix for Mac users. it should fix the navaids making problems on startup. Please unpack the file into X-Plane 10\Custom Scenery\1 New York Airports XP high and let me know if that worked.
This worked for me. Do you have any plans to add more static aircraft or traffic?

[ Added: Sat Jan 03, 2015 18:44 ]
frede wrote:In MAC, getting rid of all existing relevant VORs, NDBs, ILSs in earth_nav.dat is a pain.
Last but not least, it is impossible to use the new data out of a PDF document.
I have tried everything, from converting in Adobe to Word, from converting from Word to Rich Text Format, which leaves columns and a green background.
Why not provide an rtf document or just a brand new adapted earth_nav.dat?

If you transfer the scenery files to your custom scenery folder you get a crash due to lib/Airport/NAVAIDS/NDB_3.obj issues. To avoid it do not transfer 1 New York Airports XP high.

You get one of finest sceneries ever created but no traffic and no suitable NAVAIDS

Oh, well.

Freddy De Pues

(almost no static aircraft)

Freddy - copy the content of the PDF into a MS Word document, and then paste into the earth_nav.dat. This will work.
frede
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by frede »

Freddy - copy the content of the PDF into a MS Word document, and then paste into the earth_nav.dat. This will work.
That doesn't work either. Word mixes up all the data, starting with the first column, then the second, ...

Is it so complicated to provide with a 2MB implemented earth_nav.data file, since this is all what we need besides the three scenery folders, right?
The scenery.init regenerates itself with the new elements when deleted, right?

I just need the new earth_nav.data, I won't tell the Org's people! :oops:

Is there a genuine ATC traffic network or does it use the sim's generated one? My AI airplanes taxi on the runways.

STANISLAW, please take down my review, it is no longer accurate. I can't edit.

If I get the eart_nav.data, I will modify my review on FlightSim :P
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Captain Jainer wrote:This worked for me.
Good. Now please try THIS ONE and it should be fully fixed. The file should be unpacked into X-Plane 10\Custom Scenery\1 New York Airports XP high .
Captain Jainer wrote:Do you have any plans to add more static aircraft or traffic?
No, this would kill your FPSes. Lets wait for Austin to produce some AI for his sim. :P
xpfan90
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Chris

Post by xpfan90 »

Thanks so much for the fix!

OK update

I got the scenery to load, the forums of the scenery had a Mac fix,

problem now is on my end- with Manhattan X, ( i guess same premise if it was your nyc package) simheaven photo scenery for ny , and the new airport packages, i can't get it to load in the correct order in the .ini file. I've tried many combos. either something doesn't appear, or the photo scenery covers the airports

any help?

mac yosemite xp 10.31

[ Added: Sun Jan 04, 2015 18:54 ]
got it!!! FINALLY found out that by removing the NYC airports XP "low" folder (which contains .dsf files) reload x-plane and all is well. simheaven orthos on bottom, airport , then city.

wow that was a long half a day hassle but it sure looks amazing, going to post these findings on their forum too , so it may help others.

[ Added: Sun Jan 04, 2015 20:19 ]
Please make KORD chicago Ohare! would be amazing quality , has to have the over highway taxiway bridges, new runway layout, 4 control towers as is now,

[ Added: Sun Jan 04, 2015 20:20 ]
any other US airports would be great, KPHX is desperately needed too , there is not one good one at all for x-plane. make this and it will sell like hot cakes
boeingornotgoing
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Ok, I'm glad it works. It will be implemented into the full package.
xpfan90
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by xpfan90 »

Great thanks,

can you comment on any more x-plane products coming, or chance of making ORD / PHX ? please
boeingornotgoing
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Some Polish airports.
xpfan90
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by xpfan90 »

ah alright, well if you make it back to the US for ORD, PHX or other major ones, I'll be buying
boeingornotgoing
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

We only convert our FSX/P3D sceneries, so there won't be any new than already published here: http://www.drzewiecki-design.net/produc ... e_Products: for FSX/P3D. From American airports there is a Miami package left but it needs to be updated first.
xpfan90
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by xpfan90 »

ah alright, thanks for the information, I have a nice Miami conversion already so ill just enjoy the NY airports package , great addition. good day
boeingornotgoing
HamSammich
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by HamSammich »

Stanislaw,

Just installed it. Loks great and, unlike in P3D, the perfomance appears to be superb. Question, though: When on earth will you put in the 13L and 13R lead-in lights? And the Aqueduct racetrack. Seasoned KJFK pilots have been dying for a true representation of their most-used approach.

In addition, to successfully shoot the KLGA Expressway Visual, the scenery really needs the tennis stadium and CitiField. That's where you make your turn to final. Best thing for you to do is to look at the Parkway approach plate at KJFK and the Expressway at KLGA and use them as guides.

http://155.178.201.160/d-tpp/1413/00610 ... IS13LR.PDF (Plus the lights)

And

http://155.178.201.160/d-tpp/1413/00289 ... _VIS31.PDF

Also, it would help if the scenery eliminated KFLU. The airport has been closed for about a decade
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hello Marshall.
These objects are already created but they will be published together with the city package, not airports.