NY Airports v2 XP

Latest version: v2.1 (2018)

HamSammich
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by HamSammich »

Well, I'm glad you did them, but disappointed at the packaging.

I don't suppose you would consider baking what would be a tiny, tiny subset (CitiField, 13L-13R lights and racetrack) into the airports, would you?

After all, they are either bordering the airport perimeters or integral parts of the final approach corridors.

Best,

Marshall
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

No, these buildings will be included with the city package, this has been already decided.
HamSammich
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by HamSammich »

Stan,

And just to be clear, the Canarsie approach lights, too, in NY X?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

You mean XP? No, I don't think we will be able to simulate those in X-Plane.
DCTom
0-1 posts
0-1 posts

Post by DCTom »

I had the same problem trying to get the Mac install PDF file copy of the nav data into earth_nav.dat.

I have an iMac latest generation on Yosemite OSX. As suggested I tried make a copy from the install PDF file into a Word Document and then copy that into the MAC text editor which is called TextEdit. The incompatibility seems to between PDF/Word format and TextEdit when trying to copy and paste.

TextEdit did fine in taking out the lines suggested in earth_nav.dat it just does not seem to work in getting a copy from the install PDF file.

Any chance of getting the nav info in a .txt file? That would solve the problem for us Mac users.
Tim/Rodeo314
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Tim/Rodeo314 »

DD Stanislaw wrote:
Captain Jainer wrote:This worked for me.
Good. Now please try THIS ONE and it should be fully fixed. The file should be unpacked into X-Plane 10\Custom Scenery\1 New York Airports XP high .
I'm sorry, but it looks more like a workaround to me:

Code: Select all

Link used: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wz077658afp7vcw/NYA_XP_NavaidFix.zip?dl=1

--

tim$ ls -l NYA_XP_NavaidFix.zip 
-rw-r--r--@ 1 tim  staff  3811 Jan  7 22:59 NYA_XP_NavaidFix.zip

--

tim$ md5 NYA_XP_NavaidFix.zip
MD5 (NYA_XP_NavaidFix.zip) = 469539f92960f505409e77abfecb9c4c

--

tim$ unzip NYA_XP_NavaidFix.zip 
Archive:  NYA_XP_NavaidFix.zip
  inflating: library.txt             
  inflating: navaids/empty.obj       
  inflating: navaids/krm.png

--

tim$ cat library.txt 
I
LIBRARY
EXPORT	lib/airport/NAVAIDS/glideslope.obj navaids/empty.obj
EXPORT	lib/airport/NAVAIDS/ILS.obj navaids/empty.obj
EXPORT	lib/airport/NAVAIDS/NDB_1.obj navaids/empty.obj
EXPORT	lib/airport/NAVAIDS/NDB_2.obj navaids/empty.obj
EXPORT	lib/airport/NAVAIDS/NDB_3.obj navaids/empty.obj
EXPORT  lib/airport/NAVAIDS/VOR.obj navaids/empty.obj
EXPORT  lib/airport/NAVAIDS/Marker1.obj navaids/empty.obj
EXPORT  lib/airport/NAVAIDS/Marker2.obj navaids/empty.obj
This replaces all references to the existing objects with references to empty objects, won't said objects be missing from the scenery?

I have a fix that works for myself, though I didn't come up with it tonight, I had it with other libraries before (RuScenery, The_Handy_Objects_Library). The clue is in the Log.txt:

Failed to open Custom Scenery/1 New York Airports XP high/nav/NDB_3.obj  : the file cannot be opened.
Now if you quote the path string as per English-language punctuation (it's not the same as in e.g. French):

Failed to open "Custom Scenery/1 New York Airports XP high/nav/NDB_3.obj  ": the file cannot be opened.
If you remove all instances of trailing spaces in library.txt, X-Plane is happy again (at least here): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/372 ... ry.txt.bz2

Tim
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

DCTom wrote:Any chance of getting the nav info in a .txt file?
Sure, will do it next week.
Tim W, thank you for your suggestion.
albvt
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Re: to Captain Jainer

Post by albvt »

LPM61 wrote:Copy and paste first on a Word doc. the instructions and then copy again form the word doc. and repaste back into the earth nav dat.
happy flying
Yes, this does the trick...with "Pages" on my Mac Pro :?

[ Added: Thu Jan 08, 2015 13:37 ]
Does the "navaids" folder replaces the "nav" folder within the "1 New York Airports XP high" folder?
Or should they be both in the "1 New York Airports XP high" folder?

Thanks.
Albert
jaredb
0-1 posts
0-1 posts

Post by jaredb »

Greetings from New York. I am a plane spotter at JFK airport and visit many times a month, some things I've noticed.
I have purchased this INCREDIBLE SCENERY. A quality JFK has been missing from XP! So thank you!

A few things that have caught my attention and I would like to be addressed.

First the lighting.
-The runway lights at the airports are so well done, as opposed to X-plane which makes the runway taxiway lights way to bright. In real life, the airport is hard to find at night and this scenery does it perfectly!

-The taxiway center line lights are a little too dark though, It is very hard to see them even when on the ground. Like I said before, the way that the runway lights and taxiway lights are dark is great, very realistic, but if you could at least make the taxiway lights a tad brighter, that would be excellent!

-Also, JFK and EWR don't actually have blue taxiway lights in real life, so I was wondering if you could get rid of them and come out with an update.

-Lastly, the gate areas near the terminals are too dark. In real life, there are many flood lights around the gate that make it pretty bright.

Second, I have lost all of my auto-gen buildings in Brooklyn, near Manhattan.
All of Brooklyn is basically flat, with very few buildings. I'm pretty sure it was the NY Airports scenery that caused it.

Sorry for the very long post, but I hope my points can be resolved!

THANK YOU FOR THE WONDERFUL SCENERY!
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hello Jared.
jaredb wrote:The taxiway center line lights are a little too dark
I don't think there is any way to control their brightness in the sim but we will check that.
jaredb wrote:Also, JFK and EWR don't actually have blue taxiway lights in real life
According to the charts there are some on main taxiways...
jaredb wrote:Lastly, the gate areas near the terminals are too dark.
Do you have HDR enabled? If not, apon lights will not be displayed at all.
jaredb wrote:I have lost all of my auto-gen buildings in Brooklyn, near Manhattan.
Oh, I don't think it is our scenery that caused that but we will double-check it.
albvt
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by albvt »

Still not able to get the "New York Airports XP" scenery working as it should on my Mac Pro (Yosemite 10.10.2).
Despite the solutions proposed by DD Stanislaw...!

- "Ok, please download THIS ARCHIVE and unpack into X-Plane 10\Custom Scenery\1 New York Airports XP high. This should help for Linux users and hopefully for Mac as well."

- "HERE is a new fix for Mac users. it should fix the navaids making problems on startup. Please unpack the file into X-Plane 10\Custom Scenery\1 New York Airports XP high and let me know if that worked."

Any Mac users who managed to get it right?

I'm very disappointed... no airport scenery at all...:(
Albert
grex
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by grex »

jaredb wrote:I have lost all of my auto-gen buildings in Brooklyn, near Manhattan.
Oh, I don't think it is our scenery that caused that but we will double-check it.[/quote]

I removed 3 New York Airports XP low and this allowed all of my custom scenery New York buildings in +40-074 and +40-075 to show up.

I assume that 3 New York Airports XP low is a customized DSF based on the original X-Plane default global scenery. The side effect of using 3 New York Airports XP low is that it prevents using alpilotx's excellent HD Mesh Scenery v3 which has updated OSM and improves the look of New York.

I also find that some taxiway lines and light objects seem to float above the taxiways and becomes worse when I remove 3 New York Airports XP low in order to use HD Mesh Scenery v3. I believe that 3 New York Airports XP low causes a lot of problems.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

It has a mesh and flattens in it.
Moter
50-99 posts
50-99 posts

Post by Moter »

Hi, rename 3 New York Airports XP low to ZZZ3 New York Airports XP low and delete Scenery_packs ini. Your problem will be fixed! Please try this. Cause folder with mesh should be at bottom in custom scenery. This my mistake... sorry

[ Added: Sun Jan 11, 2015 09:20 ]
albvt
Sorry but i am not have MAC. Therefore i am try solve this problem blindly...
Delete folder NY scenery with library.txt (in the root folder). Download and copy my FIX to custom scenery
FIX - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxQMlD ... sp=sharing
grex
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by grex »

I know it's a lot to ask for but would it be possible for an update to 3 New York Airports XP low that would be based on HD Mesh Scenery v3 since 3 New York Airports XP low will never allow us to use HD Mesh Scenery v3.

3 New York Airports XP low covers a large area (+40-074 and +40-075) and prevents us from benefiting on the updated HD Mesh Scenery v3 which has better OSM data thus better representation of roads, autogen, landclass, etc...

HD Mesh Scenery v3 really enhances the area.

The current implementation of 3 New York Airports XP low prevents us from using updated mesh or even photoscenery based on HD Mesh Scenery v3. If we don't use 3 New York Airports XP low, then we get floating taxilines and light objects and I really want to use HD Mesh Scenery v3 as I'm sure a lot of other users will.

Thanks. - I really must say that I'm happy that you guys are developing for X-Plane. Your scenery packages are great and we've been waiting a long time for such scenery packages. Can't wait for your New York City package.