NY Airports v2 XP

Latest version: v2.1 (2018)

Moter
50-99 posts
50-99 posts

Re: NY Airports v2 XP

Post by Moter »

Dear Customers, If you see any mistakes in our scenery (besides NAVAIDS, and default ATC routes in KLGA)
, please write about them in PM. They will be fixed soon!
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

[edit] The new v2.1 version of this product is still under construction.
samwheeler
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by samwheeler »

Really wish you guys added autogate to this update, I know there is multiple jetways and stuff, but I would much prefer a moving jetway that is the same at airport over static jetways that have variety. Please, PLEASE consider adding this considering how much it is. Thanks.
Thanks,

Sam Wheeler
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

As for now we will not be adding autogates to this project simply because too long time is required to create them - about 5 per day. On small airports there is no problem but on large... it may take months.
jimst57
0-1 posts
0-1 posts

Post by jimst57 »

"The new v2.1 version of this product has been sent to stores. It features:
- Fixed ATC routes for default traffic
- Fixed automatic navaids adding procedure for both XP10 and XP11
."

The X-Plane.org store has said, in an email to me, that there is NO v2.1 as confirmed by your company?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

I confirm we had to interrupt the sending proccess due to a technical issue found with XP10.51r2 navaid system compatibility, which we wanted to fix (and we managed to do it today). The product will be uploded as soon as possible.

Please note - you are always notified by our vendors as soon as updates become available.
Lude2Envy
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by Lude2Envy »

I just downloaded and ran the new installers for v2.1, but the version.txt files in my directories still say v1.0. Did the scenery update correctly, or do I have to uninstall v1.0 and then install 2.1. This is v1.0 of NY Airports v2, not NY Airports v1. Thank you.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
The version is given in the manual only.
Longranger241
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by Longranger241 »

One comment about your new installer:
If there are Elements in the scenery_packs.ini that are DISABLED, they are disabled for a reason! In this case a Regeneration is suicide. As well as high priority meshes like the HD Mesh v4 or the UHD Mesh have to hold their allocated Position no matter, what your installer belives. In my opinion your installer is a danger, nothing else!
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

That is why you have a choice - if you wish you can manually edit the scenery_packs.ini to your liking. So - not, our installer is not a danger, it is a script that automatically installs our products and giver you various options during that process.

Obviously for a standard installation users can simply remove that file and generate it on sim launch. Other developers should also name their folders accordingly, so that this method would be compatible as folders are added to the file in alphabetical order and this order also indicated priorities of scenery display.
Longranger241
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by Longranger241 »

There are several cases where it isn't even allowed to simply delete a scenery.
There are still some default airports from Aerosoft that the updater would reinstall and in the long run we might run into similar situations with the landmarks.
Furthermore the global airports mustn´t move from their position as the last airports in the scenery file, but above regional overlays and meshes.
The old ruleset simply no longer applies! You can't regulate everything with the naming convention, when Laminar itself no longer obeys to these rules.

It is simply one wrong click and it overwrites the sceneryÄ_packs.ini without making a backup (which wouldn't be a problem even for a simple script). So I stay with my opinion: Your installer is a danger in its current form.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Your opinion would be great... if only you or Laminar could propose a better solution. :)
And we actually do propose a better solution - you can edit the scenery_packs.ini file manually, if you wish to. I am not aware of any safest way you can do it rather than hiring a Laminar worker to come to your home and edit it for you. But that would be quite expensive I believe. The solution given above works perfectly for 99% of our X-Plane customers and we are not going to change it in the nearest future.
palple
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by palple »

Longranger241, scenery_packs.ini regeneration is pretty common and it's often suggested by Laminar itself. It's also important to keep the right order in that list, so I strongly believe that:

1) for disabled scenery packs, we must manually move them outside of the "custom scenery" folder and not rely on a # in the scenery_packs.ini list
2) we must give an order to the scenery_packs using the alphabetic order convention which is used by X-Plane itself, so we must be responsible to put meshes at the bottom of the list and the global airports just above the meshes, so each time we get them from the X-Plane updater I change the name from "Global Airports" to "z_Global Airports" (while my custom meshes all starts with zz_ except for the global HD meshes which starts with the zzz_). Then each time I install new sceneries I thrash the scenery_packs.ini to make X-Plane regenerate it.
McShiggityPilot
0-1 posts
0-1 posts

Post by McShiggityPilot »

I tried to land at KLGA ILS LOC 4 however no glideslope?

Can anyone tell me why or how to fix? I installed V2 on March 1st 2018. HAs there been an update?
Thank you for your replies.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Yes, there is a newer version.