Miami City XP

Latest version: v1.4 (2019)

jiggyb2
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by jiggyb2 »

DD Stanislaw wrote:I don't think this particular setting has a large influence on framerates. There are other settings that do this much more efficient (like shadows, reflections or autogen settings, obviously not mentioning AI).
Not when you have spare capacity on your video card, but going over will be very bad. 4K textures in a large scenery can do this to most cards - I have a GTX970 and normally keep textures at one option below maximum.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Jackson - well, it probably depends on how many 4k textures you actually have. They are large enough to limit a texture number a lot when used in a scenery (by 16x if compared to 1024).
Hooplahpro wrote:If the textures folder has a dds and a pol file for each entry then there are hundreds of dds files missing.
If this is a broken archive problem, I don't see any way of solving this without X-Plane.org wishing to reupload the file (it won't be fixed by itself even after day 50). What we can do is you write me an e-mail and we test if the very source file unpacks correctly on your setup. This would make it clear if this is the problem I thought or something else.

I usually do not check other forums for technical support since we have our own support forum for our products (it would simply be impossible to provide support in 10 different places :wink: ).
Jonathan
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by Jonathan »

Hi again,

Do you know if the file has been reuploaded now ? I tried to redownload from the X-Plane.org store and the installer is still not working...

I wonder how long it will take to fix this problem...
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hello Jonathan.
Please contact the store, I can not do anything about that (especially in case of X-Plane.org ).
http://drzewiecki-design.net/forum/view ... =5175#5175

Actually IMHO the best think you can do would be to ask a complete refund there and use another store like Simmarket or FS Pilot Shop or Aerosoft, which are more cooperative. Anyway I believe X-Plane.org will fix the file as well, just have not idea when it will happen.
Jonathan
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by Jonathan »

DD Stanislaw wrote:Hello Jonathan.
Please contact the store, I can not do anything about that (especially in case of X-Plane.org ).
http://drzewiecki-design.net/forum/view ... =5175#5175

Actually IMHO the best think you can do would be to ask a complete refund there and use another store like Simmarket or FS Pilot Shop or Aerosoft, which are more cooperative. Anyway I believe X-Plane.org will fix the file as well, just have not idea when it will happen.
I'll follow that advice then, thanks for your help.

Very disappointed by the x-plane.org store. Very unprofessional attitude, considering that selling broken products is mostly harmfull for the developper. Anyway, thanks for your help and your awesome sceneries.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

I think in just the same way and I have presented my opinion at the X-Plane.org forum:

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?sho ... ntry917565
(...) Here comes the question, why do we use X-Plane.org store if it is difficult to cooperate. Simply because XP community is used to it and it generates best sales of XP products. There are many other stores that upload files in hours (rather than days) and provide almost instant support to customers (I wonder how long will it take for X-Plane.org to publish the pink-effect fix). The question is - would you, as customers, be interested in having a much better customer support and create an account at another store or would you rather choose worse support but stay at the same place?
Jonathan
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by Jonathan »

I've just read your post on the org site.

I installed the scenery manually, by using the mac/linux file (i'm running windows). Works just fine.
Is there a difference between those two files ? Or is it just the lack/presence of an installer ?

By the way, did you make any progress on that pink edges problem ? According to your last post on the .org site, you sounded quite close to solving the issue.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Jonathan wrote:just the lack/presence of an installer
Exactly, this is the only difference.

Still figuring out what is going on there.

[edit] The pink problem is now solved - we just need to apply the fixes and upload the update.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

A new version of this product (v1.1) has been sent to stores. Changes:

- Pink blur from ground textures removed
- Edge taxiway lights added at KMIA
- Missing textures warnings fixed

Customers should be notified by stores when the new version is available. To update the product, simply download the installer again and install it. You might remove the previous version before (just Miami folders from X-Plane/Custom Scenery) although it should not be required.
Tim/Rodeo314
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Tim/Rodeo314 »

Version 1.1 works for me (unpacks fine, no pink anymore). Downloaded from Aerosoft.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Ok, thanks for the info!
romulo
0-1 posts
0-1 posts

Miami City X-Plane 10.45

Post by romulo »

I update my x-plane installation to 10.45 and then, the miami city scenery now is a problem.

here is the log of execution (partial).

0:00:12.424 I/FLT: Init dat_p0 type:loc_tak apt:KMIA rwy:08R
0:00:12.424 E/SCN: ***Error with scenery file "+25-082.dsf" (io_dsf.cpp:806.)***
0:00:12.424 E/SCN: Unable to load forest file 'Custom Scenery/Seasons_N_Winter1/../Seasons_assets/WinterNS/Win_NS_wetl_wdy_vhot_rain.for'.
0:00:12.424 E/SCN:
0:00:37.289 E/SYS: +-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0:00:37.289 E/SYS: | Error loading the scenery package: Custom Scenery/zzz_hd_global_scenery_3/
0:00:37.289 E/SYS: | X-Plane cannot run with this package installed - you may need to remove the custom scenery package.
0:00:37.289 E/SYS: | Please see the log.txt file for detailed error information.
0:00:37.289 E/SYS: | http://lookup.x-plane.com/_lookup_10_/b ... enery.html
0:00:37.289 E/SYS: | (io_dsf.cpp:806)
0:00:37.289 E/SYS: +-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gizmo64: Shutting down Lua VM
Gizmo64: Releasing X-Plane overrides: sim/operation/override/*
Gizmo64: XPluginStop() complete.
0:00:37.289 D/HID: HID Bridge Shutdown
----- X-Plane has shut down -----
Moter
50-99 posts
50-99 posts

Re: Miami City X-Plane 10.45

Post by Moter »

You have problems with this scenery package
Season_N_Winter1
-zz_hd_global_scenery_3
Try to reinstal , or delete them
rossicev
0-1 posts
0-1 posts

Post by rossicev »

Hello,
I bought Miami City XP and NY airports X from the org store, run the executable file and checked scenery_packs.ini to put everything in order. But I'm getting very low quality textures in airports. The example image is from KMIA. I didin't find any options for low or high resolution.

Thanks

psitulskis
0-1 posts
0-1 posts

Post by psitulskis »

rossicev wrote:Hello,
I bought Miami City XP and NY airports X from the org store, run the executable file and checked scenery_packs.ini to put everything in order. But I'm getting very low quality textures in airports. The example image is from KMIA. I didin't find any options for low or high resolution.

Thanks

Hello,
I also get very low resolution textures.
Why?!