DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Miami City XP

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Miami City XP by Drzewiecki Design
More info at/Więcej na: http://www.drzewiecki-design.net/prodMiami_XP.htm

English and Polish discussion and support in this topic / Dyskusja po polsku i po angielsku w tym temacie.

ImageImageImage
Tim/Rodeo314
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Tim/Rodeo314 »

Hi! A couple questions:

- any idea when this will become available in the X-Plane.org store?

- in the Miami City 2012 X, you mentioned KMIA needed some updates before porting could be started, did you end up having to make any?

Regards,

Tim
palple
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by palple »

I've bought it but I have trouble installing it on a Mac.

The Miami City XP Mac-Linux.zip (which is just 58MB in size) gives an error when I try to extract it 8and I tried with several zip extractor).

The Windows installer (700MB in size) doesn't recognize my Mac X-Plane folder when run in Parallels.

Please help.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hello Guys.
Tim/Rodeo314 wrote:any idea when this will become available in the X-Plane.org store?
They are always a bit late but now the product is available: http://store.x-plane.org/Miami-City-XP_p_388.html
Tim/Rodeo314 wrote:you mentioned KMIA needed some updates before porting could be started, did you end up having to make any?
Indeed, however the product is not just a "port" - there were much more work required than just converting sceneries. Anyway everything is up-to-date in that product now.
palple wrote:zip (which is just 58MB in size) gives an error when I try to extract it
Yes, obviously the ZIP is corrupt (it should be about the same size as the Windows installer).
flyelmo
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Installation Error

Post by flyelmo »

Good Morning from Germany

I purchased last night the new Miami Airport as wells as New York Airport.
During the Installation Progress I receive the following error "Decompression error has occurred (#2029)"

Could you help me with this one.

I didn't experienced any problems during installation process with New York.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hello.
If this is from FsPilotShop, the problem (on the store's side) has already been reported and should be fixed asap. If that was another store, please let me know.
palple
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by palple »

The problem with FSPilotShop has been fixed, I tried the scenery and it looks great!

There are two problems though:

1) the lack of blu taxi edge lights (which are present in the real airport).

2) some of the borders of the phototextures appears in purple, I believe that's because the fading transparency on borders has been badly applied.

Hope you can fix those problems!
flyelmo
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by flyelmo »

I purchased MIAMI XP thru X-Plane.org. :evil:
Jonathan
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by Jonathan »

Hi,

I'm having the same issues as mentionned above, when extracting the file "CityX_6-5.dds".
I purchased it on the X-Plane.org site as well.

So I guess we're waiting for a re-upload, correct ?
Tim/Rodeo314
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Tim/Rodeo314 »

palple wrote:2) some of the borders of the phototextures appears in purple, I believe that's because the fading transparency on borders has been badly applied.
No clue as to the actual cause, but I do have the same issue of pink/purple textures in places.

Very subtle, but you can notice it a bit in this video: https://youtu.be/YnZ8XeQc1P0?t=2475

Also, I think it becomes more obvious if you lower the texture resolution in the X-Plane rendering settings (here, set to minimal):

http://imgur.com/a/0qFYL/
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

I do confirm the pink-effect issue, we will try to fix that (however the cause is not determined yet).
I have also contacted ORG about reuploadingd the ZIP file.
Tim/Rodeo314 wrote:I think it becomes more obvious if you lower the texture resolution in the X-Plane rendering settings
In our sceneries it is recommended to set that on maximum, as we often use 4096x4096 textures and with any other setting the original resolution goes down.
Tim/Rodeo314
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Tim/Rodeo314 »

DD Stanislaw wrote:
Tim/Rodeo314 wrote:I think it becomes more obvious if you lower the texture resolution in the X-Plane rendering settings
In our sceneries it is recommended to set that on maximum, as we often use 4096x4096 textures and with any other setting the original resolution goes down.
I set it as high as I can, but with my hardware that means "Normal" at best :(
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

I don't think this particular setting has a large influence on framerates. There are other settings that do this much more efficient (like shadows, reflections or autogen settings, obviously not mentioning AI).
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

flyelmo wrote:I purchased MIAMI XP thru X-Plane.org. :evil:
Nicolas from X-Plane.org answered that the file size is similar so they should be identical but he has no time to test that. In case of further problems with download/unpacking/broken archives, please contact the store support directly.

Sometimes it happens that files at stores are uploaded with bugs (this happened lately at FS Pilot Shop) but the store is the only place where you can ask for support, as our source files are fine (they work at all other stores).

The pink-effect is still under investigation. Blue edge lines are already added.
Hooplahpro
0-1 posts
0-1 posts

Post by Hooplahpro »

Day two. Just made a 3rd attempt to download and install Miami City XP from store.x-plane.org with no changes in the problems. If the textures folder has a dds and a pol file for each entry then there are hundreds of dds files missing.

there is a post on forums.X-plane.org to let everyone know the current status.