New York City XP

Latest version: v1.6 (2018)

tricepilot
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by tricepilot »

Believe it or not, somebody on X-Plane.org suggested that I adjust the scenery settings (they were too low)

That is all it took

What an incredible model of NYC! I'm very familiar with the city and it's very close to the real thing.

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hello.
Yes, there was something similar with Warsaw EPWA... Do you remember which parameter was that?

[edit] Indeed, the solution is:

Number of objects in X-Plane rendering options must be set to "a lot" (or higher) to have all the objects visible.
zengei
0-1 posts
0-1 posts

Post by zengei »

Extremely well done scenery. I just wanted to point out that Two World Trade Center (the building next to One World Trade Center aka the "Freedom Tower") has yet to be constructed. That's fine, however, it should be noted that the building represented in the scenery uses the old design not the current design as of June of this year.

I'd also like to add support for hopefully seeing the aforementioned bridges added to a future version of this scenery; they would make the environment around KLGA more immersive.

But again, great scenery, glad to see my hometown so well represented.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hello.
Yes, I am aware of that but since nothing is built yet we kept the older design which we liked more. As soon as the real world building is completed we will update it in the sim as well.

Thanks, I am glad you like our product!
jiggyb2
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by jiggyb2 »

Awesome scenery as always, really can't believe how well optimised everything is too - I used to run a converted version of the old NYC and it ran far worse!

However, I was wondering, do you plan to add 432 Park Avenue to your scenery? It is the second tallest building in New York now, and its top floor is actually higher than WTC 1's! Really stands out in photos, so would be a cool addition to the scenery.

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Well, many things are changing in that city all the time... We will try to make constant updates but not each week - I am sure you understand. Anyway one in a few months we will be publishing updates with changes. Right now we are collecting all the data so thanks a lot for the suggestion about that building!
ssimm1958
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by ssimm1958 »

hi, i need to ask a question or two, i have miami city xp bought from xplane.org on
7/22/15-new york airports xp bought from xplane.org on july/18/15 then got upgrade
to 1.2 on Oct/27/15- UUEE Moscow/Sheremetyevo XP for Windows from xplane.org on
july/22/15-Polish Airports vol_1 XP for Windows-Polish Airports vol__2 XP for
Windows-Polish Airports vol_3 XP for Windows all from xplane.org vol_1 on sept/1/15,
vol_2 and on sept/24/15,vol_3 on sept/24/15- Warsaw City XP From xplane.org on
sept/1/15- EPWA_Warsaw_ChopinAirport_XP_for_Windows from xplane.org on nov/10/15
New York City XP from xplane.org on nov/16/15- EETN Tallinn XPfrom xplane.org on oct
15/15. ok my question is aerosoft is having a sale on all Drzewiecki Design scenery
and i dont see new york city airports xp, i do see new york city airports with no xp
on the end and the DL file size is much larger than my nyc airports xp was, i'm
noticing that not all but some of the scenery packs are much larger DL files than
whin i bought and DL'ed them so as i want to keep my Drzewiecki Design scenery
current and up to date this aerosoft sale is prime time for me to buy to keep things
current would you mind telling me what i need to get too replace any outdated
Drzewiecki Design scenery i have? also is there a email list i can get on to inform
me of updates and DL locations when upgrades are reliesed. and one more thing i need
to ask seems i have a hard time figuring out what verisons of what scenery i have
where would i need to look for that info on Drzewiecki Design scenery software?
thanks
Steve
If it aint broke, Don't fix it.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
It was hardly readable but I did it :wink:

1. You can check the latest version here on the forum: http://drzewiecki-design.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=4 - below each topic name there is the latest version given.
2. No idea about DL and what does that mean... All resellers get same files.
3. X-Plane.org will also have the 50% discount offer.
4. All our X-Plane products are available at Aerosoft.
ssimm1958
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by ssimm1958 »

sorry guess should not try to abbreviate - DL= Down Load
thanks
Steve
If it aint broke, Don't fix it.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Oh, stupid me :mrgreen:
lukew
0-1 posts
0-1 posts

Ideal settings iMac 5K 27"

Post by lukew »

I have a computer as stated in the title. I have noticed that depending on what I set in the rendering options, I may or may not see a lot of the wonderful scenery you have created for New York XP and for New York Airports XP. For this latest version of the iMac, would you kindly send me a graphic that shows how you would recommend I set the rendering options? I have the best graphics card Apple offers in the new iMac and 32GB of RAM. Thanks for guidance.
Luke
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi. Its in the first post: the "number of objects" parameter in X-Plane rendering options must be set to "a lot" (or higher) to have all the objects visible.
mdapol
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by mdapol »

Hi, I just purchased New York XP and I'm very pleased with the scenery. I see one problem though. As far as I can tell, roads seem to be missing. I don't mean the scenery roads, I mean the X-plane roads that should appear on top of the scenery. Do you have exclusions or something turned on that I can disable using Overlay Editor? Or is it a loading order issue? I have a lot of other custom scenery installed including OSM road data that worked fine for the New York area until now.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi. Well, there is a custom road coverage included with the scenery and it should be visible (just as on promo shots). It might be a good idea to remove scenery_packs.ini and test it again.
mdapol
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by mdapol »

When you say "custom road coverage" do you mean X-plane roads with traffic and traffic lights? Or do you mean objects and background images that look like roads but have no traffic?

I have my own background textures for the New York area and OSM road data loading at the bottom of the .ini file so they should have priority.