Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Thanks! :)
dpinny
0-1 posts
0-1 posts

Post by dpinny »

I love your product, and have only one minor issue: the photoscenery sits on top of X-Plane's road/traffic autogen. When I make photoscenery with Ortho4XP, I know I have to create the overlays to let this show through. Is there a way to make those for New York XP?
branislavmilic
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Low quality of tallest buildings in Manhattan

Post by branislavmilic »

Hi
I have purchased the scenery and already made some test flights.
I'm disappointed by the resolution of the facades of the tallest buildings (A) in Manhattan.
As you can see in the screenshot, smaller buildings (B) have a higher resolution and look more realistic.
Do you plan to upgrade the scenery with at least that enhancement?
Thank you.

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

It seems that texture resolution you are using in the sim is not maximum which makes the textures appear in lower resolution. Please compare with the promo shots: http://www.drzewiecki-design.net/prodNYCity_XP.htm
branislavmilic
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by branislavmilic »

DD Stanislaw wrote:It seems that texture resolution you are using in the sim is not maximum which makes the textures appear in lower resolution. Please compare with the promo shots: http://www.drzewiecki-design.net/prodNYCity_XP.htm
Hi
Sorry but my settings are set to maximum and it is clear that the tallest buildings have low resolution images [A] compared to other smaller buildings . Also there is one building with clouds in the reflection but what happens if we choose a weather with no clouds or a gray overcast?

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Yes, on your two latest screenshots it looks correctly however visually on the first one texture resolution was lower.
Anyway, the resolution is indeed correct = as advertised.
Ricardo2696
0-1 posts
0-1 posts

Disable orthophotos

Post by Ricardo2696 »

Hi,

I have noticed that your scenary comes with its own orthophotos which are low quality (probably zoom level 12). I already have my own orthoscenary for new york so, is there any way of disabling the photoscenary that comes included with your product?. Btw, love the quality of all the objects :)
branislavmilic
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

City lights in the evening and in the morning

Post by branislavmilic »

Hi

Is it a misconception in the scenery or a limitation in X-Plane?

I understand that in the evening city lights are visible as there is still a business activity. But in the early morning, the lights are the same as there are the same number of people working in the morning as in the evening.

There should be 90% less city lights in the morning that in the evening.

I know that NY is a city that never sleeps but this is something that is not realistic when the sun rises in the morning and we look at the city.

Thank you.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
If you are reffering to the time of the day when the switch happens than this is encoded into the sim which you can easily check yourself by disabling our product and testing the default X-Plane's version of the city. But in any case you are wrong - NY is lit very much even at early hours. Here is a picture I made at 5:39am :

branislavmilic
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by branislavmilic »

Wow OK, thank you ;-)

[ Added: Wed Sep 06, 2017 09:41 ]
Since I have updated X-Plane to 11.05, there is a sudden drop in FPS when New York City is visible. If I turn my back, everything is smooth even on JFK. When I had 25 fps before the update now I have less than 10.
n2382r
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Helipads

Post by n2382r »

Amazing scenery! Installed a week ago and love it. However, I am noticing that some of the helipads, specifically around Manhattan, have invisible objects. As I approach them, the helicopter seems to impact something mid air causing failures. Is there something I can do to make sure there are no ghost objects? Also, The scenery seems to be layered on top of the default scenery causing object popping and really messy roads. Is there a solve for that?

Thanks in advance for the help.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
N
Hmm, I don't think those invisible objects were reported ever before. Can you provide specific locations please?
n2382r
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by n2382r »

Absolutely. If you approach the pads on West 30th and East 34th, you will notice that the helicopter clips something (invisible) as you're about 15-25 feet from the pad. I've tried with a few different helicopters to rule out it being an aircraft issue.

[ Added: Thu Sep 21, 2017 04:55 ]
Stanislaw, do you know if you were able to recreate the problem? Do you know of any fix? Would love to use the heliports on the east and west side...
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

We will check that but I cannot guarantee how soon it will be.
rcburse
0-1 posts
0-1 posts

Post by rcburse »

branislavmilic wrote:Wow OK, thank you ;-)

[ Added: Wed Sep 06, 2017 09:41 ]
Since I have updated X-Plane to 11.05, there is a sudden drop in FPS when New York City is visible. If I turn my back, everything is smooth even on JFK. When I had 25 fps before the update now I have less than 10.
Yes, I have same problem. Takes a long time for computer to catch up when I get close enough for the scenery to load. I have ortho4xp installed and w2xp so I know there will be some hit but this is to the point of not wanting to use the scenery, which is very awesome. I suppose it will require some sort of fix either from laminar or DD???
X-Plane user since Xplane10. i7-4790, 3.6Ghz with 4.0 Boost, 16GB Ram, GTX 1070 8GB Ram