Latest version: v1.2 (2020)

moose
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: moose

Re: Seattle Airports XP

Post by moose »

@Moter, @DD Stainislaw There are 2 easy ways to solve this
1. Include all the orthos from +47-123 in the Seattle City Scenery so no default terrain will be shown
2. Provide all elevation data in elevation.raw (instead of using vertex) so we can generate our own orthos. Please see this: https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/f ... esh-ortho/

Do you think you can do one of these?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

ad1. This is totally impractical as we have Seattle City X product so you could have high quality orthophotos of the whole area. Note - these are not "raw" images, all of them are highly edited f/e cars are removed from streets, shadows are baked for all 3D objects, footprints of bridges are removed and obviously a lot of work has been done with colors, night textures and watermask. Only using both products give you the best immersion.

ad2. This may be possible but can you tell me why do you guys need your own orthos so badly? I have no idea what source is used for that, if USGS then it is legal but if another then I am not so sure. Additionally out orthophotos are half m/pix so they are really good quality.
moose
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by moose »

Thanks for the reply. We don't need to use our own orthos. The orthos provided within the scenery does not cover the entire +47,-123 area. Anywhere outside of coverage and inside +47,-123 is basically plain green with nothing available and unflyable.

Terrain data provided with the scenery contains lots of custom vertices for airport elevation, can it use the default realistic values? That way it would match with auto generated orthos
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

moose wrote: Friday 24 Aug 2018, 11:52 Terrain data provided with the scenery contains lots of custom vertices for airport elevation, can it just use the default realistic values?
Yes, but in this case all buildings/signs/aircraft will be floating in the air (or placed below the ground).
moose
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by moose »

I know :), but I meant could the scenery be built that way. Would make everything easier
ekre
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: ekre

Post by ekre »

why do we need our orthos? because its looks waaaaay better than default textures even with hd mesh, especially for GA / VFR pilots.
for the US, Forkboy's orthos are amazing, UGSG was used as source
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

moose wrote: Friday 24 Aug 2018, 11:58 could the scenery be built that way. Would make everything easier
Maybe, but in this case each and every object would have to be exported as a separate object (to "jump" on the correct altitude) which... would make the scenery of this scale unflyable (or maybe even unloadable) due to performance drop, as each object has own parameters (like LODs) and each must be calculated. Simplifying - one object consisting of 100 buildings performs uncomparably better than 100 objects, each consisting of one buildings. This brings some limitations. Yes, groups of objects can be adjusted to match a terrain but... there are many terrain data and none is "perfect", so for one data if would look fine but for another it would not be compatible. Also DEMs are updated over time which means they can change. Summarizing - in case of just one airport produced for X-Plane only it probably be possible just to use the default mesh but with a product of this scale it is not an option.

In other words - we did not make it this way to introduce some issues but because this was the only practical way to do it. Try yourself if you don't believe me. :wink:
Moter
50-99 posts
50-99 posts

Post by Moter »

This is elevation.raw from our custom terrain. Try to generate +47-123 with Ortho4xp and report about results.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1T81Et3 ... sp=sharing
Tim/Rodeo314 We using autogate in 4 our scenerys (all installed in my X-plane), no problem was finded with use autogate in scenerys from other developers.
hamoody
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by hamoody »

Hi, I just bought Seattle Airports XP and the scenery is just fantastic. I have one question that is more of a feature request- would it be possible for you to include a way to turn off/on static aircraft on a per-airport basis? I use WorldTraffic at KSEA so I don't want to see static planes there, but at the other airports like KBFI and KPAE it would be great to see the static Boeing planes on the assembly line. Or, at least would it be possible to create static options for 'KSEA' and 'All other airports'. Thanks.
moose
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by moose »

Thanks @Moter but that file won't work, it's the exact elevation file that we get from generating in ortho4xp and doesn't include the custom elevation changes in SeaTac. Would you be able to export those vectors to raw?
moose
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by moose »

Just tried it, generating with that elevation.raw will have all the floating objects, exactly the same as using our own orthos :(
Moter
50-99 posts
50-99 posts

Post by Moter »

We will think that we can do with this.
sebas00
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: seb

Post by sebas00 »

Hello all,

I just purchased the Seattle City and I'm getting this weird glitch with my Seatle scenery. Please see the pictures. Any help will do.

Thank you.

Seb :?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
grex
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by grex »

Owning sceneries KLAX by Shortfinal "MisterX" and Matterhorn Park by Frank Dainese\Fabio Bellini, they include a patch file so we can regenerate our Ortho4XP tiles with the proper elevation corrections. I believe the only way to fix this is to include a patch file of the elevation corrections.

I'm including links to the mentions of patch files for these scenries.
http://store.x-plane.org/KLAX--Los-Ange ... html#tab-9
https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/f ... nt-1372528
freddydepues
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: naps

Post by freddydepues »

Interestingly, there is no ATC RWY usage, flows, etc. It is impossible to create a X-Life traffic, unless I modify the dsf.
Would it be something you would consider doing?
Best scenery in XP.

Freddy De Pues, NAPS