Seattle Airports XP

Latest version: v1.2 (2020)

freddydepues
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: naps

Re: Seattle Airports XP

Post by freddydepues »

OK, sorry, X-Life doesn't need Airport flows. Take care.
adl320
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Aaron

Post by adl320 »

Seattle looking good so far! I had a similar question regarding AI traffic. I use World Traffic 3. Is there a way to create custom operations file and ground routes for this scenery? I have an older WT3 operations file but it does not appear to be working with this airport. Suggestions?

Thanks,
Aaron
lillerep
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Dominique

Post by lillerep »

First of all I have to admit that both sceneries ( city and airports) are amazing. Well done.
Unfortunately I have a little problem once the sceneries are loaded 17GB of Vram are used and as you know it's quite impossible to play in those conditions.
With New York ( city and airports ) I'm below 10Gb of vram.
I use Forkboy orthos and nothing else with your sceneries.
My graphic card is a Gtx1080ti.
Help appreciated. Thanks
freddydepues
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: naps

Post by freddydepues »

Scenery is fine even with HD settings.
Could you make the rooftop helipads hard? The one downtown Seattle and the one at the hospital by the needle?

Thanks.

Freddy De Pues, NAPS.

By the way, adl320, there are taxi routes. They seem to have ground traffic (the plugin) but I don't see it. They don't have ground routes for service vehicles, neither WED 1.7 or Laminar service vehicles, as a consequence, I departed from a gate where there was no push back.
adl320
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Re: Seattle Airports XP - Static Aircraft

Post by adl320 »

I love the idea of static aircraft or the airports with Boeing production facilities. But, is there a way to remove static aircraft at KSEA? I'd rather not have them taking up places at the gate. Is it possible to remove them just from the gates?

Thanks,
Aaron
moose
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: moose

Post by moose »

Any luck on the custom elevations? :)
Moter
50-99 posts
50-99 posts

Post by Moter »

adl320, Our customer has contacted us with purpose to make WT3 compatibility routes. We will add them in next update.

lillerep, main "user" of our VRam is phototerrain and default autogen with roads. First variant - in Seattle we have more autogen than NY, Second variant (i think truthful) - in Seattle we use phototerrain textures with higer resolution than in NY city and NY airports scenerys.

freddydepues, thank you for report about rooftop helipads, i fix it in next update.

moose, unfortunley at this moment no have any ideas about patches for Ortho4XP.

adl320,I authorize you to do this yourself in Overlay Editor (whithout distribution). Now i am start working with new project so i no have time to realize all your wishes (it does not concern you specifically, it for all customers)
jac2982
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: JC

Post by jac2982 »

I haven’t had a chance to test all airports out yet but I can say that at KSEA and KBFI the centerline runway markings bleed through the aircraft with the marching ants effect. The markings at KRNT do not do this. I have not been able to test the remaking airports yet but plan to later. I can attach screenshots if need be.
Jules
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Jules

Post by Jules »

:| Hugely disappointing that you don't have plans for an ortho patch. I hope you will continue to look into this. I know you don’t sell this product as compatible with ortho but I kind of took it for granted that a product selling at $67 (for the combined products) to the modern x-plane market would at least be patchable by the developer in order to bring ortho compatibility. I know that not all users of X plane use ortho but quite a large proportion do use it and will view anything without full integration of their existing ortho as a complete no go.
moose
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: moose

Post by moose »

yes, all other major sceneries provide this. Not supporting orthos is pretty much unheard of...
crow
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: John

Post by crow »

Are the hangar doors at Everett togglable? Normally, they’re closed during the day with employee parking in front, and open at night. Not sure if it’s feasable to simulate that.
jac2982
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by jac2982 »

Here are some screenshots of the marching ants effect that I have found on the dark edges of the runway markings. You can see that it bleeds into the cockpit as well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
adl320
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by adl320 »

Thanks Moter for the replies. Completely forgot about overlay editor to target specific static aircraft and remove them as needed. Thanks for the solution. Also appreciate you looking into WT3 integration.

Aaron
dehowie
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by dehowie »

Can someone advise the correct scenery.ini order for ALL entires when running Seattle City and Airports please.
As a piece of advice for DD asking people to rebuild an INI file is COMPLETELY OUT OF THE QUESTION on a scenery install.
xplane always messes up the order and it takes DAYS to fix.
In future products please just put in your manuals the correct order as rebuilding the INI is a recipe for disaster at the highest order for people with hundreds of entries all carefully placed to avoid chaos.
jac2982
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by jac2982 »

dehowie wrote: Thursday 30 Aug 2018, 06:09 Can someone advise the correct scenery.ini order for ALL entires when running Seattle City and Airports please.
As a piece of advice for DD asking people to rebuild an INI file is COMPLETELY OUT OF THE QUESTION on a scenery install.
xplane always messes up the order and it takes DAYS to fix.
In future products please just put in your manuals the correct order as rebuilding the INI is a recipe for disaster at the highest order for people with hundreds of entries all carefully placed to avoid chaos.
I feel like if instead of posting hyperbole, you sat down and spent a few minutes understanding the different types of scenery, their correct ordering, then backed up your ini elsewhere and edited it you would soon find out that it’s not nearly as daunting as you’re making it out to be. Here is a link to a rather detailed post explaining scenery ordering, I know it’s avsim but there’s lots of good info in there. At the end of the day your ini file is a mess then you can just copy the backup and you’ll have lost nothing.