Chicago Airports XP

Latest version: v1.0 (2019)

Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Re: Chicago Airports XP

Post by Martin_Starski »

It's really hard to say, especially as we already have a specific holiday season.
rcastrig

Post by rcastrig »

Sorry for the confusion. I meant where the update or fix can be found to the night lighting issue. I am noticing about a 10-15 FPS loss after doing some testing at both airports. Happy Holidays!
rcastrig

Post by rcastrig »

Also, like most of your FSX/P3D sceneries I know you are able to select which airports you would like active. Is there any way we can expect this in the future for Chicago airports?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Negative, I am afraid selecting particular airports would not be possible due to how scenery files are installed into XP.
Captain.K-Man
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Captain.K-Man

Post by Captain.K-Man »

KORD is unusable at night for me as the FPS hovers around 12 FPS and this is on an i7 8700k @ 5ghz with a 1080ti video card. The decision to use HDR lighting inside the terminal buildings was not a good one in my opinion. Because of how much calculation power is required for HDR light sources, using them to light the interior of your terminals instead of using just a regular _LIT texture map may be the reason for many users with this FPS complaint. Also many people in the XP community use modified Lights.txt files. If you screwed in HDR light bulbs that were modified by such add-ons then the problem just compounded greatly. This of course is not your fault but underlines why using HDR to light the inside of terminals is a bad idea. HDR lights can really wreck shop if the wrong bulb or an edited bulb are used. Half the Pilot Plus European airports were kind of useless even during the day because of HDR lighting issues and wrong bulbs being used in the OBJ files for light sources.

For people experiencing this massive FPS drop at KORD you may try reverting your modified lights.txt file to default and see if your FPS improves. I for one don't want to use the default lights.txt as its too dim and not cinematic looking. For now I will only fly to KORD during the day. DD, please consider removing the HDR lights from inside the terminals and just using traditional _LIT maps if you can. Really nice looks airports and city though! Quite beautiful modeling work.
Captain.K-Man
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Captain.K-Man

Post by Captain.K-Man »

Also, one other thing. Looking at your apt.dat file in WED to check for World Traffic 3 and JustFlight Traffic Global compatibility there are errors in the gate network that will hamper these addons from working correctly at your airport. You CANNOT leave the Operation type of a spawn point as None in WED. It must be set as Airline, Cargo or General Aviation for planes to spawn in properly. You also don't have any airline's assigned to the proper gates which means planes will typically spawn but it will be many different airlines mixed in with each other. None of your cargo ramps were flagged as Cargo so regular passenger planes are spawning in at these locations instead of Cargo planes only. Your taxi network looks pretty good. Just the gate network needs to be edited. Also consider coding an Airport Flow in WED for this airport to help AI use the airport properly and avoid conflicts with the player's planes. I have already made these edits in my copy. If you would like me to send the apt.dat file that I modified just PM. Thanks for another set of great airports in XP!
DhruvK
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Dhruv

Post by DhruvK »

Seeing the same performance degradation at night. 8700k/1080ti system. Hoping for a patch soon. Airport visually blows Nimbus' offering away, but is borderline unusable after dark until the performance is addressed!
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Let us investigate it - for sure we will do our best to solve the issue.
R5311
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: R5311

Post by R5311 »

Thanks for the nice sceneries.

Just a few things I noticed. When taxiing around taxiway PP north and south of 27L, the taxiway is not curved as it should be according to the taxiway diagram. Also, in real life, taxiway TT only exists north of 27L. In your model it extends in a straight line south of 27L, where in real life it is actually taxiway G2 which is not labeled correctly on your taxiway signs. So the whole area around the A pad I think is possibly modeled incorrectly or based on an old diagram? These would be nice to see fixed in a future update :mrgreen:

I will also add to what Captain K Man wrote about parking defs. Great job though and looking forward to future works and updates.
rcastrig

Post by rcastrig »

Found an issue with the mesh over the bridge on the taxiway Aplha bridge. The airplane plummeted as I crossed over and was underground and then eventually went back to normal once passed the bridge. "Runways follow terrain contours" is checked on.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Can you please post the screenshot?
rcastrig

Post by rcastrig »

Here it is!
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Ok, to be fully sure that it's not caused by anything else - do you have any other mesh addon for this area?
rcastrig

Post by rcastrig »

Negative, I used to have Nimbus KORD but that is uninstalled. Only other Chicago area scenery I am using is your Chicago City.
tim737murphy
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: t4murphy

Post by tim737murphy »

Having skybridges at KMDW from adjacent gates docking with AC. Have newest SAM plug in.