[PREVIEW] Chicago City / Airports

gooseaviation
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Goose

Re: [PREVIEW] Chicago City / Airports

Post by gooseaviation » Friday 30 Nov 2018, 02:47

I'm not sure if this is the "request forum" but I would like to make a request for Los Angeles City + Airports. This area contains lots of downtown/ big city buildings which I believe would be greatly benefitted by your Building Design. Also, this area contains a significant amount of old or nonexistent payware airports, such as KSNA (Old LatinVFR), KLGB (Jetblue West Coast hub, no payware), and finally KLAX (to be frank the FSDreamTeam scenery is just awful). Also, if you prefer, the area also has a few important VFR airfields (mainly Hawthorne [KHHR] and Santa Monica [KSMO]). I would also be able to try and get pictures of the airfields (as I reside in this area) for you to base development off of. Overall, I believe this area would greatly benefit from your scenery magic and that your product would sell like crazy.
Sincerely,
Goose

Screenshots of Fields around area: http://imageshack.com/a/img921/6687/db7JZt.jpg

Jason Smith
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Jason

Post by Jason Smith » Friday 30 Nov 2018, 16:50

gooseaviation wrote:
Friday 30 Nov 2018, 02:47
I'm not sure if this is the "request forum" but I would like to make a request for Los Angeles City + Airports. This area contains lots of downtown/ big city buildings which I believe would be greatly benefitted by your Building Design. Also, this area contains a significant amount of old or nonexistent payware airports, such as KSNA (Old LatinVFR), KLGB (Jetblue West Coast hub, no payware), and finally KLAX (to be frank the FSDreamTeam scenery is just awful). Also, if you prefer, the area also has a few important VFR airfields (mainly Hawthorne [KHHR] and Santa Monica [KSMO]). I would also be able to try and get pictures of the airfields (as I reside in this area) for you to base development off of. Overall, I believe this area would greatly benefit from your scenery magic and that your product would sell like crazy.
Hard to imagine there being much of a market left to get for LA.
There's already ORBX scenery (debatable quality notwithstanding) for NorCal and SoCal.
KLAX is the main airport to anchor this suggested LA scenery around, there's already another mid-tier developer who has recently announced KLAX as their next scenery.

tdavart
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Todd

Post by tdavart » Tuesday 25 Dec 2018, 20:02

This is really beautiful stuff. I have Seattle X and absolutely love it. Can't run it P3D3 without OOM, but in v4 it's so smooth. Don't know how you do it. I would encourage you to revisit Miami as well. You did a great job with it, but I can see a big improvement with Seattle.

paul123
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: pauly

Post by paul123 » Wednesday 26 Dec 2018, 17:46

Here is a dumb question. Since i have FlyTampa Midway KMDW, can I buy the airports and just exclude Midway. I am not saying theirs is better, but I am afraid of any conflicts having two of the same add on airports installed.

paul123
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by paul123 » Wednesday 26 Dec 2018, 23:54

Sorry for the double post - I didn't see it above.

I just installed Seattle Airports and Seattle Scenery. Both are amazing. I am looking forward to Chicago. I was wondering if I already have a FlyTampa airport at Midway, and I install your Chicago airports,will it mess things up. Ot can I choose not to install Midway or turn either yours or FlyTamps'a Midway off. I just don't want a conflict between the two sceneries.

Keep up the great work. Looking forward to Chicago and NY City updates as well.
Paul

Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski » Thursday 27 Dec 2018, 07:04

As you can see in our last products - our customers are able to choose during the installation process which airports they want to install and which don't. We always do our best to give our customers a wide range of options to use our sceneries, however we cannot guarantee both performance and compatibillity on such high level which is available for the users only focused on DD sceneries in the particular area.

madhouse24
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: ADS

Post by madhouse24 » Friday 04 Jan 2019, 12:43

"Hard to imagine there being much of a market left to get for LA.
There's already ORBX scenery (debatable quality notwithstanding) for NorCal and SoCal.
KLAX is the main airport to anchor this suggested LA scenery around, there's already another mid-tier developer who has recently announced KLAX as their next scenery."

This is very true 'although' one thing I noticed is the Baja region hasn't been (or as far as I can tell by developers) visited in a good while ... the last scenery I could find was around 2012

FireRx
50-99 posts
50-99 posts

Post by FireRx » Wednesday 16 Jan 2019, 00:10

yeah, don't count on Orbx for everything. some of their latest have been lacking sorely. Keep on Building DD. so far your City sceneries is the best both appearance and FPS friendly. :mrgreen:

Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski » Wednesday 16 Jan 2019, 12:31

That's fully true :mrgreen:

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw » Wednesday 16 Jan 2019, 14:48

I od not agree regarding ORBX - I believe they represent the highest standard on the maket but I am happy that you like our city sceneries. :wink:

FireRx
50-99 posts
50-99 posts

Post by FireRx » Saturday 19 Jan 2019, 13:32

D.D.
Have you considered doing paris Cityscape? seems not really a P3D quality one is out there. :D

Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski » Saturday 19 Jan 2019, 16:10

Hi, we consider many possible options and thank you very much for the suggestion. However - as far as I know - Paris is not on the short list of coming projects. But, like we say, never say never :wink:

madhouse24
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: ADS

Post by madhouse24 » Sunday 20 Jan 2019, 08:50

orbx is definitely one of the standard bearers when scenery is concerned but I knocked them down just a little because their products don't always play well with others

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw » Sunday 20 Jan 2019, 11:17

paul123
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by paul123 » Monday 21 Jan 2019, 18:58

Is Chicago out. It is a must add on, but I don't see it in the SimMarket Store.