And a new project will be... News and other stuff.

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

And a new project will be...

FireRx
50-99 posts
50-99 posts

Post by FireRx »

Chicago X?? 8)
Kilstorm
0-1 posts
0-1 posts

Wichita

Post by Kilstorm »

I like how you guys do area coverage of various fields and the CBD. For that reason I would like to pitch to you the idea of Wichita. Taking a quick look at this airport that is located almost in the center of the USA, there are a few fields that make up the Wichita area. First is KICT which offers a Cessna and Bombardier/Lear plant in addition to a cargo hub for FedEx/UPS and DHL. The Terminal for Commercial flight as well as Flight Safety and various FBOs.

There is also KCEA which is a small airport that butts up against McConnell Air Force Base KIAB. Lastly there is Beech Field KBEC where the Beech factory is at and offers another great GA location. There is also an interesting glider port just north of KBEC with just a few buildings and 3 grass strips.

With major GA, Military, Flight Schools and Commercial presence all located within a centralized location of the USA in addition to a downtown business district in between these fields, this seems like something that DD would be able to make happen like only you guys can.

Nathan Palmer
Susu986
0-1 posts
0-1 posts

Post by Susu986 »

[quote="DD Stanislaw"]And a new project will be...

Yeah, that is Sears Tower (or Willis Tower, I still can't get used to the 'new' name)! :)
FireRx
50-99 posts
50-99 posts

Post by FireRx »

Stanislaw,
Any update on KSEA airport? 8)
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Sure, we have 95% of the buildings completed, 99% of the ground poly completed, mesh and AFD done as well as lighting. It goes very nicely. Currently I am exporting the buildings into the sim.
Drake10
0-1 posts
0-1 posts

Re: And a new project will be... News and other stuff.

Post by Drake10 »

Hi, do you plan Lviv Airport (UKLL)?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi. No, we do not and never did.
seam1977
100-199 posts
100-199 posts

Post by seam1977 »

check here
UKLL freeware from FSX Add-ons freeware https://ukll-project.weebly.com/download.html
seam1977
100-199 posts
100-199 posts

Post by seam1977 »

Czesc Staszku,czy macie jakies konkretne plany na 2018 poza dokonczeniem scenerii Seattle.Chodzi mi o o planowane sceneria na ten rok z przyblizonymi datami wyadnia cos takiego jakw UK2000 jest,pozdrawiam
Slawek.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Cześć.
Tak, mamy.
:twisted:
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

check here
UKLL freeware from FSX Add-ons freeware https://ukll-project.weebly.com/download.html
I think Drake10 seems to be a developer of this scenery, so he knows it perfectly :P
Drzewiecki Design Customer Support
BlueFinn
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by BlueFinn »

Any chance that we could see Helsinki-Vantaa airport from you guys? Both the scenery and the installer havent been updated in years and the airport is going to change quite a lot in next 2 years.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
We did not think about that direction yet. Too cold, brrr :twisted: Tallinn is the closest we got :mrgreen:
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

The development story of our newest static model: 747-8F.

We have used a sort-of-747-8F model before which was a derivative of an even older 747-100 model. It was tweaked to look more like 747-8F but the result was, well, not really perfect, so I decided to remake the wings. Unfortunately when I started to do this I realized that none of the proportions of the model are actually correct, which was a total shame! Since I love doing static aircraft models I thought that the only solution is to do it from scratch.

The biggest problem in every static model is that it should look good while having a minimal amount of polygons and using the minimal amount of textures. The idea is to use more complicated geometry only where it is really needed. My older models were quite poorly optimized in that aspect. For example - the most similar model to 747 was AN-124 and it had 5200 polygons. My 767 model had 3360 polys but this is a twin-engine jet with much less complex landing gear. Not really good! My newest static twin-engine models (737, 787, 777 etc) have 2k-2,5k polys, so I wanted to make that 747 with a maximum of 3k polys.

I always start with a fuselage (modeled from a long cylinder) and tweak it few times during the development. Above you can see a fuselage with overlaid pictures from aircraft blueprints. Below some basic flight control surfaces and wings are being developed. Cockpit windows are very important too and are usually very tricky to make using low-poly technique.

The fuselage here is more-or-less modeled and the stabilizers are already completed.

Working on the wing. This is where it starts to be REALLY tricky. One wing might take thousands of polygons to look realistically but we do not have such an option. The one I did has only 84 polygons while still looking reasonably realistic, at least from some distance. Correct smoothing can do miracles!

Jet engines are even more tricky due to a very high poly potential. 747 has four of them (GEnx-2B) so each geometry is used 4 times.

Here are completed engines with pylons:

Flap mechanism fairings:

Landing gear is definitely a potential disaster zone, especially the one like in 747. There are 18, 52x21 inch (according to Bridgestone) tires in total, plus the whole mechanism system that needs to be modeled with basic shapes.

Since 747-8F is a cargo aircraft I have decided to include both cargo doors to the main compartment as well as the interior.

Nose cargo door:

Side cargo door. The interior is not really visible but this is due to a bad rendering – it is there indeed. Additionally Jakub did a dedicated cargo vehicle to perfectly match my model.

So this is a static 747 long story made short. Here are few renders in the basic test livery (white). The final polycount was 2600 polys without the interior and 2900 polys with the interior.