And a new project will be... News and other stuff.

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Re: And a new project will be... News and other stuff.

Post by DD Stanislaw »

The story of static 747-8F: part 2/2

Although few days have passed it is only now when the model was finally completed. Creating textures, mapping and baking them took quite some time, maybe even longer than shape modelling.
To provide maximum efficiency in multi-livery models I divide them into two parts – one which is livery-related (fuselage, vertical stabilizers, engine fairings) and one which is not (wings, horizontal stabilizers, gear, engine parts etc). On this picture you can clearly see those separate parts.

Textures are taken from a large sheet used for the development and packed as tight as possible to preserve maximum space.

After the packing textures are baked on a new texture sheet. Actually few different textures are baked (day/night/specular) including the one which shows which areas are still free to use (just in case we need to add something in the future). The original texture is 2x higher resolution.

Our 747-8F model received 8 liveries which will be used in our current and future products. Each model has an optional interior, each one can have cargo doors opened but for the closed version the whole interior can be easily removed.

Many our customers asked about a static Dreamlifter which we did not provide with our KPAE Paine Field airport due to the lack of a good 747 model. Making this 747-8F seemed to be a perfect chance to do a “derivative” model of the Dreamlifter which I did. It does not have an interior but besides that it is a reasonably realistic model, with customized stabilizers, wings and Pratt & Whitney 4062 engines (and obviously new engine pylons). This pretty much completes this 747-8F project and you can expect to see it soon in our Seattle Airport X v1.1 product which is currently “on a short final”.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Our upcoming KSEA performance calculation in % change:

All default: 60%
KSEA by T2G, rest default: 75%
Seattle City X + Seattle Airports X + KSEA by T2G: 95%
Seattle City X + Seattle Airports X (including KSEA): 100%
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Woogey
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Woogey »

I know Chicago is on thew table and taking a lot of time along with the Seattle Xp Conversion. Had you considered your next destination? If the US is a Priority, then I would love to see a DD version of San Diego. However, if another part of the world needs to be done, Why not something in Japan? Japan has not received very much attention for some Strange reason? -Preston
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Yes, we have a few ideas but starting a new project is not a problem - finishing one is a bigger challenge :wink:
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Some time ago we have decided which static aircraft we are going to need for our future products and CRJ was one of 3 (the first one was Gulfstream). This model is designed for our Chicago project but can be used practically everywhere else as this is very popular regional jet. This one is -700, I was thinking about -900 (which I will do) and -1000, but -1000 does not seem to be really popular among known carriers so I guess I'll skip it, especially that there is a wing design change included (the center section enlarged). Actually making the -200 from this is also hardly possible due to different wings (incl flaps mechanism obviously), engines (and pylons), fuselage probably too. I mean - anything can be done, one can edit C172 to become B747, but that has no practical point. Anyway, these -700s and -900s are going to be a nice addition to our upcoming products like KORD. :)

The one with closed doors has 1870 poly and the one with open doors - 2340 poly.

A more "epic" render:
Scandinavian
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Scandinavian »

About the CRJ1000. Air Nostrum in Spain is a pretty large and well known operator, which is also leasing them out all around. And Air France's HOP also has a fair amount of them, so it's a relatively common sight around Europe.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Relatively :wink:
Scandinavian
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Scandinavian »

Just giving the rare bird some love. :lol: 8) :twisted:
JagT747
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: JagT747

Post by JagT747 »

Hey guys I have a huge idea/opportunity!

I dont know if you guys would ever read this BUT,

You guys are the best when it comes to static models so I had an awesome Idea. would you guys ever decide to make AIRPLANE BONEYARD/STORED airplane Scenerys for P3D? (some respectable ones are already made for XP 11 KVCV - Victorville Airport)

You guys could give the product its own package called BONEYARD/Stored airplane Scenery or something

Some Awesome Boneyard static airplane can include like (cockpit-less models, Models with engines stripped, Models with Aluminium Foil covering them to protect them [Realism], and stuff like partially scrapped airplanes) all clustered up in a neat pile like at Victorville, Marana, and Mojave etc.

I know a few people who would be interested in BUYING this including me

Some respectable boneyards/scrap yards can be

Victorville Airport
Mojave Airport
Marana Airport
Tarbes Airport (Airbus storage/scrap) (A380 Stored here)
Kemble/Costwold Airport
Phoenix Goodyear Airport
Maxton Laurinburg Airport (ancient airport with old NWA 747s)
San Bernardino Airport
Roswell New Mexico Boneyard
Oscoda Airport (kalkitta/NWA cargo boneyard)
St Athans
Tupelo Regional (united 747 scrap/storage)
Kingman Airport (bunch of DHL 727 I believe stored here)
Davis-Monthan AFB (large military boneyard biggest in the world)
Greenwood Leflore Airport0
Alice Springs Airport
Teruel Airport

If you guys want some ideas or something from me just hit me up! :) I know more than I should about airplanes and more stuff in these areas of the world.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Well, we indeed have a lot of static models however we do not plan to work on any of those airports right now. Anyway, if someone is planning to make them, we can always talk about using our static models. :)
High Iron
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Thad

Post by High Iron »

Hi Stanislaw,

I purchased your Seattle Airports and Seattle City sceneries many months ago and must say I'm very impressed. I really like your work and plan on adding more of your products to my Prepar3D flight simulation. You have some real great looking Polish airports that at some point I will have to add to the collection. As of late I seem to have taken up an interest in Belarus and its airline Belavia. They are based out of Minsk so naturally I started hunting for Prepar3D scenery for it. I did find a freeware version that looks pretty good but I'm not sure it works in Prepar3D v4. I'll give it a try and see I guess. I hope the instructions aren't in Russian though or I'll be screwed. Then I thought of you as this area of Eastern Europe seems to be your playground in terms of content. I was surprised that you hadn't done such a major airport in the vicinity or your region. I'm leery about putting in a scenery that was made for FSX and Prepar3D v1-3 into Prepar3D v4, but it may work. It then begged me to ask the question if Minsk International airport UMMS is any where on your future roadmap? I do know it would be a very good airport if it ever was. If it is, I would rather wait for it than experiment with the freeware version into Prepar3D v4. Let me know your thoughts if you're so inclined.

Cheers,
Thad
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
The only thing in the FSX version that may not work in P3Dv4 is night lighting - besides that everything should be fine (more or less).
Minsk seems to be:
a) quite an unpopular destination with little potential sales
b) a destination with almost no ways to get/obtain good photo resources (from the airside)
c) as far as I can see from sat images there is a major construction work going on
d) no (or unknown) high quality satellite/aerial resources for photoreal ground

Unfortunately as for now these 4 points make producing a high quality scenery of UMMS very hard and quite impractical.
High Iron
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Thad

Post by High Iron »

Thank you sir for your reply.

I understand the complexity of these things as well as the return on investment necessity. It does appear from my recent research on Belarus that it still is a difficult country both socially and politically to get certain things done in. Perhaps in the future. For now I will give the freeware version a whirl, as you suggest it mostly works, fingers crossed.

On a side note, perhaps the gentlemen that made the freeware version could help, they seemed to have good access or source material for their version. On the product site there is even downloadable photoreal terrain imagery of Minsk. They may have some stock data they may be willing to provide. Just an idea for a possibility down the road. At least when I fly out of Minsk I will have your other airports of destination to enjoy going to! :D

Best of wishes and keep up the outstanding work, you have a new dedicated customer.

Cheers,
Thad
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Here is our last static aircraft from the pre-Chicago series - B767 incl. 200, 300, 400 and the freighter variant with some interior. B767 is a popular aircraft and is often used for cargo ops, especially where 777 would be too big. It will be very useful in many our future products. We actually had an older 767 model however it had 2x more polygons and fewer details. The new one has 2100 poly and well-modeled geometry including few types of wings and gear. It is also much more texture-efficient.