NY Airports v2 XP

Latest version: v2.1 (2018)

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Re: broken ldj

Post by DD Stanislaw »

joshloar10 wrote:My questions where never answered......what program do you use to create the DSF files? Overlay Editor or WED?
Your questions were not answered becaused reverse engineering is illegal in case of our products' license, which you have agreed to during the install.
I too have the pink patches problem at Linden.
Sorry for that. I'll have a look into this but it will take a few days anyway. We will fix that as soon as technically possible.
joshloar10
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

LDJ

Post by joshloar10 »

its wrong to diagnose a problem by opening it with an editor to try to see the conflict? I was trying to see if I could solve the problem without bothering you guys but ok. I do develop scenery myself for x-plane so that was my first thing to do....and yes...I did edit LDJ because the real airport has taxiway edge lights and yours doesn't. So in that case could you add taxi edge lights? I will reinstall and just make a completely new scenery with just the taxi lights so yours is not modified until then.
Joshua "Lockjaw" Loar
brich4040
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Re: broken ldj

Post by brich4040 »

DD Stanislaw wrote:
I too have the pink patches problem at Linden.
Sorry for that. I'll have a look into this but it will take a few days anyway. We will fix that as soon as technically possible.
Since it's been more than a few days, I thought I would check into the status of this issue.

Has this issue been corrected? Do you have a time-frame of when or if it will be corrected?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Still working on that.
Moter
50-99 posts
50-99 posts

Post by Moter »

We are looking for beta testers for the NYC Airports XP update.

Please contact me directly at:
matveimalishenko[at]gmail.com

Your help would be highly appreciated!
pilotwannabe
0-1 posts
0-1 posts

X-Plane 11 beta install of DDNewYorkCity & Airports fail

Post by pilotwannabe »

I recently purchased both DD New York City & Airports for windows and installed both to X-Plane 11 folder. Upon first launch of XP after the install I get this failure message:

Be Advised
Caught an unhandled C++ exception
invalid string position

(hl_thread.cpp:279)

Under this circumstance XP11 beta fails to launch.

Afterward I copied the DD New York City & Airport Custom Scenery Folders from XP11 beta to XP 10.51 Custom Scenery folder, launched XP 10.51 and the scenery worked as expected.

Please Advise.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

You've simply purchased both products for XP10, not XP11.
XP11 is not officially launched.
glenmac2001
0-1 posts
0-1 posts

Post by glenmac2001 »

Hello

I purchased your NY Airports and must admit work well done but I do have a question / problem
in the JFK Airport the blue taxi lights are all floating above the ground is there a fix for this problem? Hope this question was not asked before but I was unable to find an answer in your forums

Thank You
Glen

[ Added: Wed Nov 30, 2016 21:37 ]
Please disregard my last post i think i have found the answer. Seems other people have posted about the floating runway lights at KJFK airport. I also see you have people beta testing a new NY Airports with luck the new beta will have the fixes everyone is crying about
hamoody
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

LGA Doubled taxi/runway markings

Post by hamoody »

Hi. I've owned New York Airports XP for a while now, but never went to LGA. I noticed that the airport has doubled runway/taxiway markings. I don't have any other LGA scenery installed, and the NY Airports package is at the highest priority in the ini file. JFK, EWR, and the other airports don't have this problem. How can I fix this?

http://i.imgur.com/1zd9LQr.png
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi. Try removing the scenery_packs.ini file and let me know if that works.
hamoody
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by hamoody »

DD Stanislaw wrote:Hi. Try removing the scenery_packs.ini file and let me know if that works.
Hi. Thanks, I actually tried this on a whim several days ago, and now the problem is solved (I forgot to update my post). However, I have another problem that I just can't seem to solve. I'm adding static planes to all the airports in the package using WED, and for some reason while they appear perfectly fine at JFK, at EWR they fade in/fade out with distance, like they have a very low LOD (even though there is no LOD defined, and planes from the same static library appear just fine at JFK but have this problem at EWR). Please see my post at the org forums, as I'm away from my simming computer now and can't post new screenshots. Note that the A330 shown at EWR and the A340 shown at JFK are from the same package. Thanks for your help- once I liven up your airports with some static they will be my favorite places to fly! http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/fo ... nt-1094344
schrepfv
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

runway lights issue

Post by schrepfv »

Hi,

having issues with floating RWL at JFK with X- Plane 11?

Thanks for your help
Volker Schrepf
golfcart22
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by golfcart22 »

Stan,

Long time user and big fan of your products. Am now in the process of moving over to X-Plane11. Last night I purchased NYC and NYC Airports and everything appears to be working great. My only issue is with AI. There are absolutely no AI aircraft and any of the airports. If I simply switch to KSEA - I see plenty.

Is there a switch or setting to enable AI at your airports?

Also - I just noticed you are working on v2 - since I just purchased v1 - will I receive a free uprgade? ( gotta ask :lol: )

Thanks in advance,
Tony
Pilot
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Right now we have no information about AI operations from XP development team. Anyway thank you for the report - we will be investigating this issue.
salajander
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

XP11 - no airport diagram?

Post by salajander »

Hello!

NY Airports XP is fantastic, thank you for the amazing work!

I've noticed the in-game map view doesn't show a full airport diagram, only the runways. Normally I would expect taxiways/buildings/ramps to be shown.

Is this a known issue, or something with my specific setup?

I'm running XP 11 beta 5 on Mac OS X 10.12.2