NY Airports v2 XP

Latest version: v2.1 (2018)

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Negative, this is not a known issue and this might also be related to no AI traffic on those airports. We have not enough data from XP developers to solve this problem right now, but I am sure it will be fixed soon.
golfcart22
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by golfcart22 »

Stan,

Have you seen this?

http://developer.x-plane.com/2016/11/x- ... -aircraft/

Wondering if that could be why we dont see AI at NY Airports?
Pilot
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hmm... I don't think so but lets see how that unfolds.
palple
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Re: XP11 - no airport diagram?

Post by palple »

salajander wrote:Hello!

NY Airports XP is fantastic, thank you for the amazing work!

I've noticed the in-game map view doesn't show a full airport diagram, only the runways. Normally I would expect taxiways/buildings/ramps to be shown.

Is this a known issue, or something with my specific setup?
This is due to the fact that the apt.dat of this package is missing both taxiways and AI taxi routes (thus the missing AI traffic on the airport). This is only happening with this product (and not with the other DD X-Plane scenery packages), and happened in V10 too, perhaps the developer that ported it over to X-Plane missed that. I could fix it with WED, it's not a big work if you know what to do. I'm sure that with V2 this product will be on par to the other sceneries.
golfcart22
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Re: XP11 - no airport diagram?

Post by golfcart22 »

palple wrote:

I've noticed the in-game map view doesn't show a full airport diagram, only the runways. Normally I would expect taxiways/buildings/ramps to be shown.

This is due to the fact that the apt.dat of this package is missing both taxiways and AI taxi routes (thus the missing AI traffic on the airport). This is only happening with this product (and not with the other DD X-Plane scenery packages), and happened in V10 too, perhaps the developer that ported it over to X-Plane missed that. I could fix it with WED, it's not a big work if you know what to do. I'm sure that with V2 this product will be on par to the other sceneries.
Stan ? Any comment ?

[ Added: Thu Mar 02, 2017 20:07 ]
palple wrote:

Stan - Can you please comment on this post and if it has any merits? Sounds like this can be fixed. I still have no AI in any of your NYC airports.

Thanks
Pilot
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Yes, we know about that. It will be done this way from now on (Washington XP). Regarding NY airports - it will be fixed together with the introduction of v2 of that product, which will be updated in XP as well.
http://drzewiecki-design.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=380
Best regards
Stanislaw
Cleared2Land
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Missing Textures for Airports

Post by Cleared2Land »

Hi,

After XPpb15, I just noticed I am not seeing the airport textures for all the NY Airports just the flat photo.

This is on the ramp at KJFK

Image[/img]
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Please try opening the Scenery_packs.ini file and move the "Global scenery" line to the end of the list.
Cleared2Land
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by Cleared2Land »

DD Stanislaw wrote:Hi.
Please try opening the Scenery_packs.ini file and move the "Global scenery" line to the end of the list.
I made the modifications..no change.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Ok, please send us Scenery_pack.ini and Log.txt files.
RobC
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by RobC »

Howdy again DD, hope everything is going well.

I just picked up XP11 and it is amazing! Naturally, I had to add DC, Miami, NY City XP, NY Airports XP (not realizing there is a new version coming out) and I have a couple of questions.

1) I have floating taxiway lights at Kennedy Int and very little traffic at the gates. Is this a known issue?

2) Can I (or should I) use the HD Mesh Version 3 with these addons? does it mess anything up? I am just covering the whole US but I can leave this tile out if it's not fully compatible.

3)Do all the ZZZ DD Terrain files go just above the mesh in the scenery_packs.cfg? OR is there a better location for them?

4) And about how much is the new version going to cost if we already have the original?

thanks man, and have a Great Day!
EVGA Z270 Classified K ; i7 7700k ; 16gig Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 ; EVGA 1080GTX SC ACX ;Creative Zx
Carter0507
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Help needed!

Post by Carter0507 »

Hi DD,

I would really appreciate your help!

I'm a newbie to DD products and I have just purchased NYC airports v1.4p from JustFlight for XP 11.

After installation I get the following error /Resources/default data/earth_nav.dat. The navaid IPZV in LOC_DME_31 is missing an entry - Please note that X plane 11 is not compatible with navdata files made for XP10. When I click understood I get CTD.

I don't have XP10 installed on my machine but I do have the installer for it. I have installed XP11 directly onto my desktop and tried to install NYC airports directly into the XP11 root path.

Apologies if this has been covered, I couldn't see anything directly relating to this.

Thanks
Dave
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hello.
Please let me know which version of the product you have installed.
Carter0507
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Carter0507 »

v1.4p
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

This version is not compatible with XP11. The product is compatible with XP11 only from version v1.5 . Please contact the vendor to get the latest version.