And a new project will be... News and other stuff.

klm737
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by klm737 »

Awesome work on the new projects!

But could you take a look at updating some of your older sceneries with the new version of SODE jetways?

UUEE still uses the old 'canned animations', instead of the full dynamic jetway system, for example.

Since you were an early adoptor for SODE and played a big role in getting it more accepted by dev's (EPWA was the first major commercial product with dynamic SODE jetways, I think), it would be great if you could continue this and work your way back to some previous products.

Thank you very much in advance, Stanislaw! :wink:
jordansim
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

New York for FS2004

Post by jordansim »

Hi,

You guys promised to release an FS2004 version of the New York Airports however, I tried searching your website to download the demo it says the file has been deleted.

Although your facebook says you guys stopped developing.

You haven't kept your promise with releasing the fs2004 version.

I'd appreciate it if you guys can release this as a special version

Even though there is no good scenery for New York JFK, LGA and EWR!

Thanks
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Re: New York for FS2004

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
jordansim wrote:You guys promised to release an FS2004 version
http://drzewiecki-design.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=289 , first paragraph.
jordansim wrote:facebook says you guys stopped developing
Its not Facebook saying that, its us.
jordansim wrote:You haven't kept your promise with releasing the fs2004 version
I am sorry but I haven't promised you anything, really.
jordansim wrote:I'd appreciate it if you guys can release this as a special version
We can but the question is - who is going to pay for that? :wink:
jordansim
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Reply to New York for FS2004

Post by jordansim »

Hi,

I mean FS2004 users will purchase it for sure. You guys although have to market the product properly. I will be happy to pay for a copy of the New York Airports Version for FS2004. Customers who still use FS2004 will pay if they are properly informed and properly directed to a quality product that is highly needed in our small niche market.

There are multiple FS2004 users out there who still purchase scenery, me being one of them.

Just inform the your target market, make sure they are aware and sales will happen. It might be an old sim but a lot of people still use it and you guys have the chance to attract this market since there is no sufficient scenery for the three major NY Area Airports. And in return eventually it may bring back some revenue if the correct marketing strategies are put into place.

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Okay, Jordan, but in FS9 the product looks simply bad. Redeveloping it (6500+ buildings) will take about 6 months for 2-3 people. How many copies would we need to sale to cover 18 working months? 1500? This is impossible. Sorry, FS9 was indeed a great platform but we want to go forward, not backwards. I am sure some guys still use FS2002 too but we are looking forward to P3Dv4.
jordansim
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by jordansim »

DD Stanislaw wrote:Okay, Jordan, but in FS9 the product looks simply bad. Redeveloping it (6500+ buildings) will take about 6 months for 2-3 people. How many copies would we need to sale to cover 18 working months? 1500? This is impossible. Sorry, FS9 was indeed a great platform but we want to go forward, not backwards. I am sure some guys still use FS2002 too but we are looking forward to P3Dv4.
Hi DD,

I understand that its going to cost you money + time but the airports are really the thing that are missing, you already have the files but you have to optimize them for FS9. On the other hand, There are sufficient freeware add-ons for downtown that do the job. The Airports however are out of date and it maybe take less time to just release the airports.

However, the final decision is completely up to you, the demand is there and the users of FS9 might be impressed with your plan to move forward but its not ideal to discard a software and move on and leaving behind other customers who may have supported you since your establishment behind; Some people may have but others its not financially possibly to move on even though many (including myself) have already spent if not hundreds maybe thousands on scenery/airport/base software and other add-ons for their sim and an additional 40-50 dollars wont hurt their bank accounts for sure given what they have already spent.

Thanks for your time and I am sure you will make the right decision.

Have a good day
Jordan
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

And our new project will be...

seam1977
100-199 posts
100-199 posts

Post by seam1977 »

gdzies w USA
hkterry
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by hkterry »

It is the Elliott Bay Waterfront in Seattle.
Ripcord
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Ripcord »

hkterry wrote:It is the Elliott Bay Waterfront in Seattle.
Sure is. Jet City!

First one is the Coast Guard wharf and the second is Todd Shipyards (now Vigor Industries) at Harbor Island.

So which airports, Stan, are going to be included? I heard a rumor that we might get KRNT, KPAE and KBFI?
palple
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by palple »

How much to wait for Washington XP?
GAPUTZ
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by GAPUTZ »

I think FS9 users would be very very happy with just the airports. You are a top shelf scenery designer so I am sure anything you release for that platform would be really appreciated. But, your decision to move on is totally understandable.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

palple wrote:How much to wait for Washington XP?
It will be published next week if everything goes as planned.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Paradise Inn

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Working simultaneously on KJFK, KLGA and KEWR buildings. KLGA will be featured according to the latest available official plans, from July 21st, 2016. This is a different version than Imagesim developed but also more simple and performance-friendly (no interiors etc).