Washington X

Latest version: v1.5 (2020)

edpatino
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by edpatino »

And... it's also stated in the product manual (to uninstall old version first).
Anyway, I'm done!. I've installed the upgrade over the previous version, and all went fine!.
Thanks, Ed

[please do not quote full previous posts /SD]
Edward
wxman17
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Richard

Post by wxman17 »

Product looks great. It brings a level of realism into the sim world when flying. I have a question though. It said that before installing this product, that I needed to "uninstall all versions of included airports you may have installed before, prior to installing this product" and that it is "not compatible with airport sceneries of included airports."

What I mean is, I have airport scenery for KDCA from TropicalSim and KIAD from Flightbeam. Am I to presume that I would have to uninstall those scenery in order to use your product and never get to use the airport scenery for the mention airport that I have??? :(

Brgds
Ricky
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Our product does not include KIAD airport so you definitely can use the FlightBeam's version.
Our product will probably not work correctly with TropicalSim's KDCA though - you will probably see two sceneries at the same time.
kenthom
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by kenthom »

Mine seems to work with TropicalSim. I cannot see the double scenery.
quint60
0-1 posts
0-1 posts

No lights at DCA

Post by quint60 »

I just recently installed Washington X and love it - but my first time flying in DCA at night - I was surprised that DCA didn't appear to have any lights on. I tried selecting 112.0 in Nav 2 as directed, but the lights don't come on enough to find the airport in dark/low vis conditions. In fact, the lights appear as gray boxes around what looks like Very dim lights. I've been searching this forum for an hour now without finding a decent answer on what I'm doing wrong. Andrews AFB lights have issues too - the approach lights work fine, the centerline lights are very dim, and there are no runway edge lights at all. Can you please point me in the direction of a thread which tells me what I need to do to fix it?

I'm running FSX: Steam. I have no other DCA scenery installed, other than the default scenery.

Thanks,
Doug
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hello.
It seems like some textures are simply missing. Please try reinstall the product completely.
Anatolski
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Ground Textures partially blurred

Post by Anatolski »

Hello Stanislaw,
I bouht Washington X from simmarket on monday, I use a new game pc win10 Prepar3D last version and al relevant orbx sceneries. Installation without problems but the ground textures partialy are blurred in the city space an the surroundings. It is always the same area and I cannot influence it with graphic settings or reinstallation. What else I can do?
Thanks for any hints/solution.
Thomas

Is it possible to post a screenshot ...without URL (only copy and paste) ?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hello.
The product should look exactly as on promo screenshots (the center areas is 0,5m/pix, the surrounding is 1m/pix). If ground resolution is lower, please check your FS settings and/or try reinstalling the product.

You can post screenshots very easily by uploading them somewhere and posting a link here.
Anatolski
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Anatolski »

O.k. Thank you for your answer. Is it realy possible If setting resolution is 7 cm? That blurry would be a pity because of the otherwise perfect scenery design.

Here is the link:

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/4669 ... iw_jpg.htm
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Yes, this is the area where 0,5m/pix resolution switches to 1m/pix resolution indeed. Same as near Pentagon for example. You won't see it during normal operations though as around KDCA and DC landmarks everything is done in 0,5m/pix.

But I thought about this too and decided that this is our last product that has featured 1m/pix resolution (which seems to be standard for complex city sceneries). Starting from our next release, Seattle, the lowest resolution we go down to in our products will be 0,5m/pix.
Anatolski
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Anatolski »

Hello Stanislaw,

another exampel, because I cannot believe it...

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/4672 ... av_jpg.htm

if it is true...any possibility to get better ground images or to put off this 1m/pixel- area? It is a quiet huge area with this horrible textures - ground fog as in the promo video is no solution to me. Airport and inner city is very good, so I hope you can solve the ground texture problem.
regards
Thomas
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
The best way to see if it is correct would be to compare it with some promo screenshots: http://www.drzewiecki-design.net/prodWash_X.htm . For example:
http://www.drzewiecki-design.net/images ... h_X_39.jpg
http://www.drzewiecki-design.net/images ... h_X_44.jpg

You can easily switch-off the 1m/pix area by removing the largest file in the Scenery folder (or the second largest, you will see how it is named - it has to say "large").
Anatolski
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Anatolski »

Thank you for your answer. Can you reproduce my picture - it is directly left hand of KDCA.
Would you say thats the normal 1m/pixel resolution. On your screenshots I am not sure if they are from the 1m/pixel area. It ist possible that the files of simmarket partly are corrupt. I reloaded and installed again with the same result. Is it possible that the ground textures conflict with orbx Textures or vector. If I disable Washington x I have no Texture anomalies. What can I do?
kenthom
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by kenthom »

I'm curious if the car crash is always present. I have flown the city on three occasions and have never seen the car crash. I know where it is based on a YouTube video. The BGL is present in the scenery file and I have the settings high to see it.

Thanks,
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

It should be present as long as it is installed via the installer. It is hard to miss, there is a lot of smoke :)