New York City X

Latest version: v2.6 (2020)

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Indeed, they should be there just as you have them in the FSX version. I simply thought that the library file might be missing but this is not the case.
edkap
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by edkap »

Any possible suggestions for what to try? I originally installed the scenery along with Megascenery Earth NY state v3 and Megascenery New York Ultrares (New York City area), so I deactivated those to see if it made any difference. It didn't. Can you verify that the features I am missing do indeed show up on your computers in P3D? I know the scenery has been out for a while, but is it possible there is bug in the P3D version?

[ Added: Fri Mar 10, 2017 02:04 ]
Stanislaw-
I figured out what was wrong. Started thinking about your instruction to put that file in the NAME scenery folder and then I realized that I had that scenery folder deactivated in P3D. Not sure why I did it, maybe because I was flying on the west coast recently and I try to deactivate any scenery areas that I won't be using to cut down scenery loading time. In any event, I checked it off and activated it, and lo and behold.. now all the bridges (and Yankee Stadium) are there. So all is good.
-Ed
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Okay, thanks for the info. :P
edkap
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by edkap »

BTW, wonderful scenery! Take it from a native New Yorker.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Thanks!
AtilaN
0-1 posts
0-1 posts

Post by AtilaN »

NY City X (nor the demo) does not install "...registry key not found for FSX..." I am using FSX SP2 (not P3D) 64 bit Windows 10. Is there a solution to have the installer work? After all this is a $ 40 addon. Please help.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
This means that the installation of your FSX is faulty since no registry entries are present. This is not a problem with our product but with your FSX installation (and the price of our product have nothing to do with it, the proclem would be the same if it costed 5$). In this case you can do 3 things:

1. Use this method to add a proper registry key: http://drzewiecki-design.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=293 (preferred)
2. Manually create the required key in the registry
3. Reinstall FSX to create the keys automatically
mac2
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

New York CIty v2

Post by mac2 »

Just tried to run a scenario using the New York city scenery and got a OOM error (now happens every time I start in NYC) - in addition it looks like some of the land has been corrupted (water where there should be land) around the manhattann area - any idea on how to solve this? (note am running P3dv3 and also running it in VR using flyinside and also running a few of the Orbx add ons such as vector and global) - also worth noting it previously ran ok.....

[ Added: Sun May 07, 2017 21:50 ]
Also - please can you let me know the best way to uninstall New York City scenery? (is it through add remove programs in windows?) and another observation (I just purchased Washington x which does work without any OOM) - I noticed with both of these (NYC when I managed to get it working) I occasionally got a split second of black on the textures for the buildings - not so much in Washington but it was particularly noticeable in NYC particularly flying around manhattan.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

The OOM issue depends on your hardware and sim settings, please read this: http://drzewiecki-design.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=337

Regarding texture loading, please install the Lite Texture Pack, with it textures will load much faster.
mac2
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by mac2 »

thanks will have a look through the guide - its really strange that I get OOM's as I never get them using any other scenery even when using some of the PDMG planes - just wondering if it might be as easy as disabling some of the other scenery (I have most of the Orbx add ons) in the scenery library?
Will give the light texture pack I try - but my machine is relatively high spec (really built for vr - with x2 980ti's and a ssd for P3D so not really sure why it should struggle with the DD scenery......
In terms of my other issue - which seems to be some of the water where land should be in the NYC area what do you suggest (do have the Orbx vector and already ran the elevations tool - seems to be a possible cause) - still I get it? and also if I want to just try a reinstall what is the best way to remove the NYC X?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Yes, the NY package is one of the most complex sceneries on the market, hence why the Lite Texture Pack was provided.

Please send me a screenshot of that water issue, not sure I understand how does it look like.
mac2
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by mac2 »

ok can PM you a screenshot - have had a similar issue before but seem to remember it might have been related to vector by orbx (think one of the airfields I was flying was off elevation) - but have in this case already ran the correction tool....
Also if I want try and uninstall then install again - what is best way to uninstall it?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Usually it is enough to simply remove the Scenery Library entry (or to deactivate the entry).
Schumifan
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Prepar3D V4

Post by Schumifan »

Hello Stansilaw,
Yesterday Lockhead Martin announced Prepar3D V4. It seems to be a completly new product with 64bit-architecture.
Will your scenerys - specially New York City and New York Airports be compatible with this new Version?
Best regards
Marco
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Aproppriate comments will be published asap. As for now v4 is not oficially supported but it definitely will be soon.