New York City X

Latest version: v2.6 (2020)

kymh
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Can't download updates from SimPlanet

Post by kymh »

I purchased a number of Drzewiecki-Design products from SimPlanet who seem to have closed.

I purchased:-
DRZEWIECKI DESIGN - EETN Tallinn X
DRZEWIECKI DESIGN - Miami City X
DRZEWIECKI DESIGN - New York City X (version 2.0)
DRZEWIECKI DESIGN - New York Airports X

How do I go about getting updates now?

Any help appreciated.

Regards Kym H
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hello.
The store was closed indeed and the owner jailed, he also stole money from developers (us too).
It doesn't seem there is any way to recover those purchases unfortunately.
kymh
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by kymh »

And your policy is not to provide updates to those who purchased legit copies?
I have all the invoices.

Regards Kym H
Kym H
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
We never provide updates - we provide only full versions of our products, full installers. We are not interested in loosing any customers however we are also not interested in taking responsibility for criminals that have stolen our and others income. Please note the we did not sell you anything - we do not sell our software to customers. Our vendors sell software to end users. I can provide you customer support regarding technical issues of our products but not regarding our vendors who are commercial companies and take a commission to make to store system work efficient. Anyway, if your problem is about a vendor you should contact the vendor directly and if this is not possible you should file a lawsuit because the vendor illegally broke a contract with you. You can notify a local police department about this issue. You may also contact Aerosoft about this case since they probably lost the biggest amount of money in that "store" and as far as I know they were taking legal actions against it.

BTW: and what if Simmarket suddenly closes? Should we provide thousands of free copies to everyone? We are developers, we are not vendors. Vendors are responsible for sales. If a vendor has cheated on you, you can't blame developers for that.
kymh
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by kymh »

Thank you for your response.

You have made it clear to me and my group (28 other flight simmers) that it is far too risky to invest further in your products as anyone of those stores you sell your products through could go broke tomorrow.

It is unfortunate however, as I only have 4 of your 15 Prepar3D products and none of you XPlane products.

I have just purchased Prepar3Dv4 and Xplane 11 and am hungry for scenery hence my reason for contacting you.

As we are not buying a boxed product which would have an obvious cost to you, I would have thought it would have been a wise business decision to have a goodwill policy for those who have purchased your downloadable products from a store linked to your website.
Happy clients usually result in great word of mouth.

Regardless, thank you again for your prompt reply.
Kym H
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

I understand you completely and I would also be frustrated on your place but I actually am frustrated too because I too was robbed by that store.

Obviously I do have all the installers but I do not have a secure store system to provide files to customers - I prefer that professional stores take care of that. Unfortunately this store was what it was but this was the first case like this since I started using FS 17 years ago. And I hope it never happens again.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

We are glad to inform you that the new version of this product (v2.25) has been sent to stores. New in v2.25:
- Reworked ground textures - colors now matching more P3D and ORBX ground color scheme
- Reworked large areas of autogen, especially around all airports
- Ensured full compatibility with NY Airports X v2 (exclusion zones, ground alpha channels etc).
- Updated installer for better handling of missing registry keys
- P3Dv4 compatibility
FireRx
50-99 posts
50-99 posts

Post by FireRx »

Stanislaw,
does the airport replace v1.5 sir?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
The upgrade from v1 is payware:
Simmarket wrote:If you previously purchased DRZEWIECKI DESIGN - NEW YORK CITY X FSX P3D at simMarket, you are entitled to the special upgrade price of EUR 12.3 incl. VAT (10.00 excl. VAT) only. NOTE: The special upgrade price will be awarded automatically, therefore you must be logged into your same account used to purchase the previous version!
FireRx
50-99 posts
50-99 posts

Post by FireRx »

Stanislaw is this a newer version than the one I just downloaded this morning with Perpar3D v4 in the install menu? Also a clarification on the airports . the one I have downloading is version 1.5 does the DEMO offering have more features?
:D
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Yes, this is the fixed version.
http://drzewiecki-design.net/forum/view ... 0995#10995

NYA are compatible neither with P3Dv3 nor with P3Dv4. We are currently working on a completely new version: http://drzewiecki-design.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=380
FireRx
50-99 posts
50-99 posts

Post by FireRx »

ah thanks,
I installed the DEmo version. I'll remove 1.5 then :)
JAVI
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by JAVI »

FLICKERING TEXTURES IN P3D V4.
I have both products for xplane 11 and for p3d v4. I don't have any loading flickering textures in xplane 11 but I have them with p3d v4.
I have 16gb of ram of which p3d uses 5gb and from my gpu uses 3 gb out of 6gb. Why is it not using all my memory and instead I have the loading textures flickering? Now it's 64 bits and it can use all the system memory I have.
I repeat again I don't have that trouble with the same product in xplane 11.

Thank you very much for all your efforts.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

JAVI wrote:I don't have any loading flickering textures in xplane 11 but I have them with p3d v4.
Please note - these are completely different sims.
JAVI wrote:I don't have that trouble with the same product in xplane 11.
Please note - these are completely different products, you can't compare them.
JAVI wrote:I have 16gb of ram of which p3d uses 5gb and from my gpu uses 3 gb out of 6gb. Why is it not using all my memory
Please contract LM developers - we are not in the development team of this platform.
Javis
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Javis »

Hello,

I just redownloaded NYC from Simmarket to install into P3Dv4. However the installer says that it can't find P3D in my registry.... And then closes....

In the last couple days i have installed all Orbx/FTX European P3Dv4 compatible stuff so my P3Dv4 is deffinately there... ( IMHO P3Dv4 is the best ever thing that has happend to us flightsimmers so i can't wait to see what NYC is like!)

Looking forward to any solution you can provide to deal with this problem.

Thanks very much on forehand ! 8)

Cheers,
Jan