New York City X

Latest version: v2.6 (2020)

Yuyo1977
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by Yuyo1977 »

DD Stanislaw wrote:We are glad to inform you that the new version of this product (v2.25) has been sent to stores. New in v2.25:
- Reworked ground textures - colors now matching more P3D and ORBX ground color scheme
- Reworked large areas of autogen, especially around all airports
- Ensured full compatibility with NY Airports X v2 (exclusion zones, ground alpha channels etc).
- Updated installer for better handling of missing registry keys
- P3Dv4 compatibility
Hello Stanislaw! Im new here but big fan and user of your products, currently on P3Dv3.

Im confused! This 2.25 version of NYCity is already on SimMarket? Because i went to my account and still it downloads the same 2016 version. Please answer, thanx!
Yuyo!
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Simmarket has been notified.
Raller
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: Raller

Post by Raller »

Hello,

i installed 2.25 in P3Dv4 and in the Library "New York City X" is activ but not movable nor clickable nor switchable.
1. How can i deactivate or move it in the Library?
2. Is there a unistaller for "New York City X"

Regards
Raller
Yuyo1977
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by Yuyo1977 »

:) Thanx!
Yuyo!
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Raller wrote:How can i deactivate or move it in the Library?
Remove product folder from YourDocuments/Prepar3D v4/ [folder]
Saybía
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

What might be wrong?

Post by Saybía »

Hi there,

I bought NYX for P3D v4, but it seems, after I installed it, NY looks much worse than before. For comparison, I uploaded two screens.

With NYX (and I disabled all other addons!):
https://pasteboard.co/19CED9r3o.jpg

Without NYX (other Addons activated, same graphics/scenery settings):
https://pasteboard.co/19EWXC1u6.jpg

Unfortunately I have absolutely no idea what might be wrong. Installed it twice successfully, it has highest priority in the scenery lib, no other addons activated...

Any hint what I can try to make the addon work?

Thanks alot!
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Scenery Complexity > Normal? Looks like no scenery objects are displayed or something removes them.
Saybía
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by Saybía »

I tried several different setting combinations, including all maxed out. Also, I tried to remove the scenery from Documents/Prepar3D Add-Ons folder and add it manually again in game. Never are the scenery objects shown. What I have not tried yet is a complete fresh install of P3D...
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Did you try to reinstall the product first? If BGL and textures are located at the right directory, there is no way for P3Dv4 not to load them if the scenery is active.
Additionally we can try solving the issue using https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/windows/ .
Saybía
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by Saybía »

Thank you very much for the offer! I have no idea why, but after I deleted all contents in "P3D\Addon Scenery\New York City X" and re-installed, the objects are now visible. Strange, since I did not get any error during the first install and the files were definitely in the folder before... anyway, I am glad New York is beautiful now :-)
steveli
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

New York City X runs slow on P3D v4

Post by steveli »

I have installed New York City X on both P3D v3.4 and P3D v4. This scenery runs really slow (FPS <10) with frequent shutters. But this scenery runs pretty smooth on P3D v3.4, with FPS ~ 20 without any (or very little) shutter. It can easily tell the building textures loading speed is much faster on P3D v3 compared with v4. Is this scenery optimized on P3D v3 only? Is there any way I can fix the slow performance problem on P3D v4? Thanks!
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Yes - only by correct managing of the simulator settings. Try to use the same settings as you use in P3Dv3, the performance should be very similar.
steveli
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by steveli »

DD Stanislaw wrote:Hi.
Yes - only by correct managing of the simulator settings. Try to use the same settings as you use in P3Dv3, the performance should be very similar.
I do use the same setting on P3D v4 as that of P3D v3.4, but the performance of V4 is still slower than v3.4. Please advise.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

I am afraid I have no more ideas if the settings are just the same. Customers are usually reporting better performance of this product in P3Dv4.

There is always a chance of a faulty install of the product. I think you might try deactivating it in both P3Dv3 and P3Dv4, check the performance in both sims without the product and then activate it again. In P3Dv4 the most reliable method would be reinstall it completely (remove the current product folders in Addon Scenery, run the sim and acknowledge all warnings, then install the product again).

PS: Please note that in P3Dv4 autogen display distance and Level Of Detail distances are larger so even with the same settings your PC has more data to handle. This might be helpful: http://drzewiecki-design.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=337
Greg
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by Greg »

Hi

I do have a lot of changing black textures with P3Dv4 HF1. Any hints to get rid of them?

Cheers
Greg