NY Airports v2 X

Latest version: v2.6 (2020)

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

ABurek wrote:The three bluish/green hangars are the ones in question.
Thank you. The question is - is there anything else planned instead? Will it just remain as an additional apron or some other hangars will be constructed? In the 2nd case I guess it would be more realistic to keep those old just to have some buildings there. If the case is #1, I can obviously remove those 3 from the scenery.
ebaez12 wrote:Do u have a file for no Static AC at KJFK?
We will provide everything in the v2.1 update, the file given was just for testing.
dwaohio wrote:How do you remove the static aircraft from NY Airports v2 after you install it.
bill721 wrote:I always get the plane isn't in the correct position so the gate doesn't move.
Everything would depend on the gate, the aircraft, the defined positions of aircraft doors etc. This is how SODE is programmed although during testing the jetways seemed to work with many popular aircraft. The easiest solution might be to edit door parameters of the aircraft that you use - f/e moving the door position 1m forward.
sstro19 wrote:I just purchased NY Airports v2 X: KJFK, KLGA, KTEB and NY Airports v2 X: KEWR, KLDJ, KCDW for P3Dv4. When I start P3Dv4 and I try to load any of these airports, my P3Dv4 crashes.
In the "Scenery" folder of the product there are 6 files which end with "mapsat.bgl". Please try manually moving those files to another active folder.
mdfmike wrote:new test KEWR_AFD.bgl solved the problem
Thank you for the information!
windshear wrote:it does not appear in my scenery
Hi. It might seem that the problem lies on your setup rather than than our product as your report is the only one in regard to taxiway lighting. My suggestion would be to try to play with your graphic processor mip-map settings (and the sim's mip-map settings). The settings might be too low which makes the lights dissapear much faster than they should.
samwheeler wrote:blurry, what looked like google maps looking ground textures with the custom DD signage
Actually they have nothing to do with G.Maps but indeed using the photoreal base seemed to be the best (most realistic) for that part of the airport which is placed on columns. Please check if you use the highest texture resolution settings (which are equivalent to 4096x4096 resolution). It seems from your screenshots that lower resolution was used there.
Romandino wrote:EWR was never wired for blue edge lights and has reflective posts along the taxiway edges instead. very unique, but you represented it perfectly.
Indeed, we thought of making those reflective posts but it has been decided that they would generate too much polycount versus the actual effect in the sim.
Romandino wrote:LGA has some ground elevation issues.
This hasn't been reported yet which might suggest that this is rather a compatibility problem with a piece of software on your setup rather than the product itself. Please check for dublicate AFCADs or any other airport layouts that might be present on your setup (including AFCADs provided with AI programs).
Romandino wrote:excessively bright runway edge light
I got a report about too bright runway lights and in the v2.1 I will provide an alternative, dimmer texture for runway lights. It will affect the whole runway though as there is just one texture used but some customers reported that in their setups it looks more realistic. Here is the texture: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2whfcjtyzjyez ... t.dds?dl=1 (Addon Scenery\NY Airports v2 X\ Texture).
ABurek
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by ABurek »

DD Stanislaw wrote:
ABurek wrote:The three bluish/green hangars are the ones in question.
Thank you. The question is - is there anything else planned instead? Will it just remain as an additional apron or some other hangars will be constructed? In the 2nd case I guess it would be more realistic to keep those old just to have some buildings there. If the case is #1, I can obviously remove those 3 from the scenery.
For now remote parking only. Thanks for the quick response!
windshear
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by windshear »

I can easily post my settings here, but I assure you my P3D v4 is running at high settings.
Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
bill721
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

PLANE POSITIONING FOR JETWAY TO WORK. CONTINUED

Post by bill721 »

I added some pictures to help explain the issue. It looks like KJFK parking works pretty good, but KLGA won't.

Image[/img]

Image[/img]

Image[/img][img]
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

windshear wrote:I can easily post my settings here, but I assure you my P3D v4 is running at high settings.
Mip-map settings in the graphic processor are quite different to flight sim settings but I am only assuming what might be the cause of the problem. It might be something different too.
bill721 wrote:It looks like KJFK parking works pretty good, but KLGA won't.
On the screenshots you are showing the stands which are designed for 747/777-size aircraft. try selecting smaller, 737-size stands (B8 for example), it should work pretty well. You can find more information on the KLGA chart included with the product.
bill721
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

It looks like KJFK parking works pretty good, but KLGA won't

Post by bill721 »

I loaded FSX and selected KLGA location B6 and get the following picture when pressing shift-D. Aircraft door to far away to load jetway.

If i use GSX to load the Jetway I get the location is too small for this aircraft. If I configure B6 'Max allowed wingspan to 35 meters' in GSX the jetway will work. GSX is using AFCAD addon scenery\NY AirportsV2\KLGA_afd.BGL.

I'm not sure where the issue is. I guess it could be me. I know I don't remember having this issue with V1 of the product which i had since it came out.

Thank you for working with me on this.

Bill

Image[/img]
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
And what if you move the aircraft according to ground markings? Does the jetway work in that case?
Kuba Pa
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Jakub

Post by Kuba Pa »

You must move in SLEW aircraft that the front wheel will be on stop beam to B737.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Just a notice: we are currently working on the v2.1 version of the product which will include the following changes:

• Enhanced NW surrounding of KTEB Teterboro airport to include the newly constructed buildings (reworked ground image, autogen and 14 buildings added)
• AFCADs of KLGA, KJFK and KEWR updated (IFR aproaches and layouts of stands)
• Dimmer runway light texture included as an option
• KJFK - some night textures fixed
• KEWR - night apron textures fixed
• KJFK - 3 hangars removed as at the real airport

We do thank our customers who pointed out the above issues!
bill721
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by bill721 »

DD Stanislaw wrote:Hi.
And what if you move the aircraft according to ground markings? Does the jetway work in that case?
Yes if I move the plane forward to the stop lines the gate will work.

[ Added: Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:58 ]
Kuba Pa wrote:You must move in SLEW aircraft that the front wheel will be on stop beam to B737.
If I load FSX and pick a location at initial loading I've never had to move the aircraft via slewing. It isn't required at any other Airports I've ever used over the many many years of using FSX.

Bill
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

bill721 wrote:It isn't required at any other Airports I've ever used over the many many years of using FSX
At KLGA the jetways are EXTREMELY short which means that there is unfortunately a very little margin available. I do understand that this might be an inconvenience but slewing to a correct location takes literally 2-3 seconds. If I move the stands, guys with 737-900 or A321 would report that the aircraft is located too close to the terminal.
bill721
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by bill721 »

Ok I'll always use B8
BuddyDog
0-1 posts
0-1 posts

Post by BuddyDog »

I look forward to the update for KEWR, as I am having the same problem with non operating jetways, either using Shift+ D or the GSX call up menu.

I did note that GSX does not show jetways at any parking position when trying to customize airport positions.
A320LHBP
0-1 posts
0-1 posts

AI Traffic used

Post by A320LHBP »

Hi,

The airports look really stunning, can't wait to purchase them!

My only question is: what is the AI traffic used on the photos?

Many thanks,
Denes
Miguellima
0-1 posts
0-1 posts

Post by Miguellima »

Just installed the NY airports , stunning details , it hit my FPS big time.