NY Airports v2 X

Latest version: v2.6 (2020)

sincedric
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by sincedric »

Hello I installed the airport, did a PMDG 77W flight inbound JFK with RWY22L, the aircraft was still in the air before crossing the threshold and the aircraft drop straight to the ground when I cross the threshold. Sounds like a elevation issue and does anyone have ideas on how to fix this? Much appreciated!
samwheeler
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by samwheeler »

DD Stanislaw wrote:
samwheeler wrote:blurry, what looked like google maps looking ground textures with the custom DD signage
Actually they have nothing to do with G.Maps but indeed using the photoreal base seemed to be the best (most realistic) for that part of the airport which is placed on columns. Please check if you use the highest texture resolution settings (which are equivalent to 4096x4096 resolution). It seems from your screenshots that lower resolution was used there.

I was indeed using 4K. I just don't understand why it looks so pixelated and when I'm that side the airport signage is custom, not like the default taxiway signage I see on the other side. Are the airports supposed to have custom taxiway signage or should the signs look like default? Many thanks for the quick answers :)
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Re: AI Traffic used

Post by DD Stanislaw »

A320LHBP wrote:what is the AI traffic used on the photos?
Hi! Only static aircraft were used on promo screenshots.
sincedric wrote:Sounds like a elevation issue
Hi. It might be worth checking if no [ICAO]_ALT.bgl file files are present in FS\Scenery\World\Scenery ( [ICAO] = the ICAO code of the airport in question).
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Version v2.1 of this product has been sent to stores and should be published soon.

The list of changes in v2.1:
- Enhanced NW surrounding of KTEB Teterboro airport to include the newly constructed buildings (reworked ground image, autogen and 15 buildings added)
- KJFK and KEWR AFDs updated to include IFR approaches for default ATC
- Dimmer runway light texture included as an option
- KJFK - night textures fixed
- KJFK - 3 demolished hangars removed from the airport

Wise87
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by Wise87 »

I just installed the JFK scenery and I noticed a lot of my building textures are flickering. I don't have this problem with DCA. None of my other scenery display this issue.

I took this video with my phone. https://youtu.be/Qpqw7SxNytU

Running P3Dv4, Orbx, Entvex, ASP4/ASCA
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
There are definitely two sceneries being displayed. Did you have any other version of KJFK? If so, you need to remove that version. You can simply run the installer and deactivate our KJFK and see what remains.
Wise87
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by Wise87 »

Looks like that was it. I'm sure you can guess what sceneries were causing the problems, LOL. I deactivated them but I guess that wasn't enough. Thanks for the suggestion.
B777ER
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by B777ER »

The new runway dimmer lighting option is nice up close but when approaching the runway it is sparkling and twinkling so bad, worst I've ever seen of any scenery. The normal runway lighting (with same settings in P3Dv4) does not have this effect and in fact does not have that sparkling, twinkling effect at all. Can this be looked at?

Second question, does JFK not have blue taxiway edge lighting? Just seeing the green center line lighting.
Eric
sincedric
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Re: AI Traffic used

Post by sincedric »

DD Stanislaw wrote:
sincedric wrote:Sounds like a elevation issue
Hi. It might be worth checking if no [ICAO]_ALT.bgl file files are present in FS\Scenery\World\Scenery ( [ICAO] = the ICAO code of the airport in question).
I checked and there are no such file, that's weird. Anywhere else worth taking a look?
Edit: I deleted the NY Airport V2 folder and reinstalled, now it works like a charm!
usflyer
0-1 posts
0-1 posts

Post by usflyer »

Hi all - 1st post. recently bought AirportsXV2, KTEB, KJFK & KLGA for P3DV3.4. Installed fine, no issues. Then I get an update email which fixes some issues so I download that - the instructions says as follows:
NY Airports v2 X by Drzewiecki Design
I N S T A L L A T I O N
Please uninstall all previous versions of the included airports you may have installed before
(including New York Airports v1 or
any of the Extracts)
To remove the previous version of New York Airports
X: 1) remove all product’s entries from the Scenery
Library, 2) remove all related
ICAO
.ALT.bgl files from FS/Scenery/World/Scenery, for example K
LGA_ALT.bgl .

This is important because I could find no uninstall program for this scenery anywhere. In fact, DD scenery doesn't even list in Windows 7.1 "uninstall program" master list ..can't find it anywhere. I looked in P3D's main scenery files for the LGA_ALT.bgl & such, nope ...none listed. The ONLY folder i could find for it was within P3DV3 add-on scenery files, so I deleted that. Anyway, I installed the V2.1 DD scenery, the file installed in add-on scenery just like the old one was, only ....no scenery in the sim itself. KTEB is still the default. I'm at a loss, it said install was successful (installed in on the same SSD drive I have P3D on)

I'm a real-world pilot, not an IT guy. But honestly ...what's the deal with this?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Steve
Romandino
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

night lighting fixed

Post by Romandino »

thank you so much for the super fast turn around and tweaking of the NYC Airports V2! that was awesome! Much appreciated!
Mets747
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Horrible FPS

Post by Mets747 »

I recently purchased NY Airports v2 specifically for JFK and I'm quite disappointed at the performance im getting compared to FSDT's version. Im barely able to keep a stable 20fps while at FSDT im sitting at the high 30's and low 40's. I have not changed any sim settings, my machine is quite powerful and I'm considering switching back to FSDT :( I even disabled LGA to see if that would help with FPS and sadly no. Any ideas what can be the reason?
Jay
sstro19
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by sstro19 »

Hello, at KEWR, I was parked at United Terminal C and when I try to use GSX to connect the jetway, it said no Jetway at this gate. Im using the updated version of NY Airports V2.
SaintJoe
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

usflyer wrote:what's the deal with this?
Hi. This is Simmarket's standard e-mail - you do not need to remove anything.
Mets747 wrote:disappointed at the performance
Hi. I really can't say much about it. All our customers are reporting very good performance of the whole package. It must be something on your side I am afraid. Please note that we already had customers who tried deactivating the FSDT's versions but anded up with both version being displayed at the same time (this would abviously influence the performance too). Please check if this is not the case, otherwise I don't think of any other possibilities.
sstro19
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by sstro19 »

Hey thanks, I'll check, but FSDT dont have an KEWR, they have KJFK.
SaintJoe