New York City X

Latest version: v2.6 (2020)

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

pmb wrote:Manhattan has extremely dense autogen
Hi. The Manhattan part of the product does not have any autogen (automatically generated) buildings at all except for a small NE part. All of those buildings are custom-made. The other part of the product can be adjusted with default simulator settings such as autogen density and set to various levels. Additionally it is worth noting that various vector addons (such as Ultimate Terrain X) can exclude portions of autogen where vector data is provided, for example roads, railroads, night lighting etc. On your screenshot it looks fairly dense. It is indeed not as dense as you would experience in our newer product such as Washington X or the upcoming Seattle but autogen in our newer products are done in a different technique while in NYC product only portions of autogen (especially around airports) were done by with that technique and provided with the latest update.
pmb
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by pmb »

Hi,

thanks for making this clear. I might play with the addons (e.g. FTX Vector), but if it's essentially as designed this is okay.

Yes, I understand Manhatten has custom buildings (obviously), this was my fault.

Thanks for taking care and much looking forward to your Seattle product.

Kind regards, Michael
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Thanks, we too. :)
trisho0
100-199 posts
100-199 posts

Post by trisho0 »

DD Stanislaw wrote:Hi.
Probably the only thing you can try is the Lite Texture Pack...
Just purchased for FSX the New York City X with both Airports V2 complete. Launched FSX with the aircraft default to KJFK and flying to New York City. FSX ran out of memory and closed. How to remedy on it?

[ Added: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:50 ]
Probably the only thing you can try is the Lite Texture Pack...
I have Dell PC Alienware R6 with NVidia GTX1080i, 64G RAM 4.4 GHz clockspeed.....it's a very high performance computer. What requirements is needed to install the New York City X in full instead of Lite textures to fix OOM?

Also, can coexist Aerosoft Manhattan X with DD New York City X? DD has the highest priority in FSX Scenery listing.
Patricio Valdes
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

trisho0
100-199 posts
100-199 posts

Post by trisho0 »

DD Stanislaw wrote:Please read this article: https://www.dropbox.com/s/w4wu3vqhf8jkm ... m.pdf?dl=1
Please, can you send me the list of scenery and texture files related just only with the WTC building?
Patricio Valdes
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

I don't think so, there are thousands of files. The Lite Texture Pack is provided exactly for the mentioned case.
trisho0
100-199 posts
100-199 posts

Post by trisho0 »

DD Stanislaw wrote:I don't think so, there are thousands of files. The Lite Texture Pack is provided exactly for the mentioned case.
That's OK. I had to place the Aerosoft Manhattan X priority and the NYC X as the second from FSX Scenery Library to stop the OOM and getting better images. Manhattan X gives me an old WTC and the reason I asked earlier about files for me to be placed in scenery to look at the new freedom TWC from NYC X. Also, I had to adjust fsx.cfg to set graphics texture load at 1024 instead of 4096 as per the NYC X installer changed on it. I learned the fsx.cfg with texture load at 4096 the sim gets fast OOM. With texture load at 1024 is fine but poor buildings and ground. I tried "LITE" textures setup and still the same poor details of buildings and ground (terrain and roads). Any help on this?
Patricio Valdes
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
I am not sure what help you are trying to get from me.

1. You are installing two same products over each other (Manhattan X and NYC X), both of them heavy on performance + a package of 6 airports
2. You are not willing to use the Lite Texture Pack but you set your texture resolution to 1024 in the CFG...

I am honestly not sure what you are trying to achieve there rather then OOM testing.
trisho0
100-199 posts
100-199 posts

Post by trisho0 »

I am not sure what help you are trying to get from me.

1. You are installing two same products over each other (Manhattan X and NYC X), both of them heavy on performance + a package of 6 airports
2. You are not willing to use the Lite Texture Pack but you set your texture resolution to 1024 in the CFG...

I am honestly not sure what you are trying to achieve there rather then OOM testing.
I want to insert your WTC building in Manhattan X. I want to leave Manhattan X as priority because of quality images as can be compared from screenshots regardless which scenery is priority. I found your files NYCityv2_LIB and NYCityv2_PCL make the WTC building. But don't know their texture files to complete the WTC. When Manhattan X is priority your WTC doesn't appear. If I place your WTC in FSX scenery/texture folders then WTC would take place.

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/G2bv
http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/G2bX

Lite Texture Pack has been installed properly and left fsx.cfg texture load at 4096 and eventual OOM. If texture load at 1024 is fine. Regardless if 4096 or 1024 texture has no differences in scenery details.

Can you help me now?
Patricio Valdes
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Negative, we do not agree for such manipulations with our product. It simply won't work good. Our product is designed for normal flight operations on VFR routes and looks good from a particular distance.

Our texture sheets are 4096x4096 in size so displaying them in 1024 resolution is similar to displaying Manhattan X's textures in 256x256 resolution but anyway please note, that FSX engine need to load the whole texture anyway only to display one of its mip-maps as per CFG. It does not mean 4096 textures are not loaded. They are - but after thay are loaded the sim does not display a higher resolution version that the one sepcified in the sim.
trisho0
100-199 posts
100-199 posts

Post by trisho0 »

DD Stanislaw wrote:Negative, we do not agree for such manipulations with our product. It simply won't work good. Our product is designed for normal flight operations on VFR routes and looks good from a particular distance.

Our texture sheets are 4096x4096 in size so displaying them in 1024 resolution is similar to displaying Manhattan X's textures in 256x256 resolution but anyway please note, that FSX engine need to load the whole texture anyway only to display one of its mip-maps as per CFG. It does not mean 4096 textures are not loaded. They are - but after thay are loaded the sim does not display a higher resolution version that the one sepcified in the sim.
I realized your WTC works only with NYC X so please disregard it, you are right.
Last night I flew 5 times trying to isolate OOM with only your New York City X and NY Airports installed. I removed Manhattan X thinking that could be the OOM, without success. Installed back Manhattan X and removed DD NYC X. Left inside of FSX only your NYC airports and still an exact OOM.

I flew from KJFK to KEWR (5 times) and it started with random OOM sound signals all the route and just before landing, FSX closed with a message ".....try another scenery".

I know scenery textures 4096x4096 will give OOM. My experience with OOM is with Lite Textures and without NYC X. Do you have 1024x1024 textures? It's clear 4096x4096 doesn't work for FSX.

So far I can't use DD products due too much OOM closing FSX. Maybe SODE is the problem? Any ideas to try even though?
Patricio Valdes
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
I think the article I gave a link to few posts ago might really help in this case. I believe something is indeed wrong in the sim regarding the settings.

It also seems you may be misunderstanding texture resolution problem - 4096x4096 texture sheets are simply more efficient than 1024x1024 texture sheets which in case of one 4096x4096 texture you would need 16. Five 4096x4096 textures equals eighty 1024x1024 textures BUT the loading time is faster.

Anyway, please read the tutorial and try to adjust the sim accordingly until you have a stable performance. Please use the Lite Texture Pack, disable car/ship traffic and decrease the autogen by one notch. NYC was always a very demanding area, even with just a default scenery.
trisho0
100-199 posts
100-199 posts

Post by trisho0 »

I think the article I gave a link to few posts ago might really help in this case. I believe something is indeed wrong in the sim regarding the settings.

It also seems you may be misunderstanding texture resolution problem - 4096x4096 texture sheets are simply more efficient than 1024x1024 texture sheets which in case of one 4096x4096 texture you would need 16. Five 4096x4096 textures equals eighty 1024x1024 textures BUT the loading time is faster.

Anyway, please read the tutorial and try to adjust the sim accordingly until you have a stable performance. Please use the Lite Texture Pack, disable car/ship traffic and decrease the autogen by one notch. NYC was always a very demanding area, even with just a default scenery.
Removed NYC X scenery from sim. Installed only NYC Airports KJFK and KEWR only the airports. No airport details and no static airport. I already read before your recommended Setting up your flight sim.pdf file and no help.

I need your help on this. What can I try now?
Patricio Valdes
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

You may try removing the fsx.cfg to reset the sim settings and configure it again. You may also completely remove both NYC and NYA and install them again using the recommended settings. Additionally please provide screenshots of your in-sim settings to verify them.