Post by BO JIANG »

How to uninstall NY AIRPORTS V2 X
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

http://drzewiecki-design.net/forum/view ... 1871#11871
May I ask why do you want to uninstall the product?
st1322
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by st1322 »

Hi,

First of all, I have posted similar issue regarding Miami City X. I looks like it is repeated in NY Airports which I recently bought via simmarket. It would be great if you would look into it as it is very, very strange.

I have a problem with NY Airports X for P3Dv4. After installing the product P3D stops working. Let me describe step by step:

1. NY Airports X installed
2. Launch P3D - scenery is rebuilding
3. P3D launches
4. Default plane screens are messed up - artificial horizon + main display
5. Trying to change to another plane - P3D stops working and CTD

Fix
1. Launching P3D
2. Deselecting NY Airports X
3. Re-launch of P3D
4. Everything is back to normal - P3D works, NY Airports X is de-selected.

Questions:
1. What to do?
2. How to completely remove the software?

Additional Info. I have other products from Drzewiecki Design. No problems at all.

Software: Windows 10 64, P3D v4 - latest release. FTX Global, Vector, OpenLC (Europe and NA), some D-Design sceneries. Never had any issues with any of your product.

Tom

[ Added: Sun Oct 01, 2017 15:53 ]
Update:

In the conversation here I found advice to delete mapsat.bgl file. I did not delete it but move it outside of the Scenery folder. By doing that it appeared to partially cure the problem by being able to have P3D not crash, but then, airport is filled with autogen trees and buildings. Yes, I do have FTX Vector and I do know what AEC corrections is. JFK is not an option there.

Awaiting your feedback, please. What I can try to do next?

Tom
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi. I am afraid I have no idea what might be wrong. The symptoms you described suggest larger failures than just our product - f/e I have no idea how our product can influence aircraft instruments.
st1322
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by st1322 »

By then, how come when I remove - deselect the scenery things are perfect and fine.

Do you have any idea where else I could check?

I can see that some other users reported that they had ctd after installation. I haven’t seen you response here there fore I thought that you might have solved it with email support.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Indeed, some of them had "mapsat" file problem and others simply double (or even triple) ontries in scenery.cfg or add-on.xml, causing the sim to crash while loading. But this does not seem to be the problem in your case. So far I have no more ideas...
st1322
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by st1322 »

Hi,

I fixed it. Your sceneries have NO PROBLEM. They are perfect and work perfect. The conflict was coming from another utility. By removing it, everything is as it should be.

I will copy/paste this to Miami City X, where I had similar issue.

If you wish, I can provide more details on PM. The utility creating problems is quite popular and I do not want to offend anyone.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Sure, I would be very interested in the way of solving that issue. Please write me some more details at my e-mail: http://www.drzewiecki-design.net/c.htm .
Best regards
Stanislaw
Romandino
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Crash on 22L approach to KJFK

Post by Romandino »

Hello Stanislaw, I was vectored to ILS 22L at JFK and just as my aircraft crossed the very end of the runway (over the ERAS arresting system pad), the plane nosed over and crashed into the ground. I was on the glideslope, perfectly set up for touchdown. My aircraft was not too low, so I did not clip approach lights, etc. I tried approaches to the other runways without incident, but something is going on with 22L. Perhaps an invisible bug in the scenery? The aircraft i used was a CLS A340-600. Any ideas? Thanks. Roman
blackbird971
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Sode Jetways KEWR

Post by blackbird971 »

Hello,

I've tried and made sode work on my computer for your airport but it doesn't seem to work. It simply tells me that there is nothing that can be triggered !
Regards,
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Sode Jetways KEWR

Post by DD Stanislaw »

blackbird971 wrote:nothing that can be triggered !
Do you use the Shift+D combination? Please attach a screenshot.
Romandino wrote:(over the ERAS arresting system pad)
If you mean EMAS than maybe that was because it has a customized "platform" surface to simulate a more efficient breaking if you actually run out of the runway. As far as I remember KLGA has the same feature. But using autoland isn't fun anyway, is it? :wink:
asegm08
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by asegm08 »

Is it possible to remove the static models and use them for parking spots for AI traffic? Some of the models I think are taking too much room that could be used for actual AI.

Thanks.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi. Of course, but you need to run the product's installer to do that. Simply deselect "include static aircraft" for a particular airport during install.

Treyh75
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Overly Bright taxi lights

Post by Treyh75 »

Is there a way to tone down the light brightness. This is a picture of me going into KLGA. When on final, the taxi lights drown out the runway lights.

https://photos-4.dropbox.com/t/2/AADTb0 ... ize_mode=3
Mets747
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Mets747 »

I'am extremely happy to announce I've figured out the horrible FPS problem with JFK! I wiped my PC clean of any and all DD folders and did a fresh install and everything seems to have sorted itself out. I believe it was trying to load the scenery twice on top of each other for some reason! Finally! Happy landings all!
Jay