New York City X

Latest version: v2.6 (2020)

trisho0
100-199 posts
100-199 posts

Post by trisho0 »

DD Stanislaw wrote:You may try removing the fsx.cfg to reset the sim settings and configure it again. You may also completely remove both NYC and NYA and install them again using the recommended settings. Additionally please provide screenshots of your in-sim settings to verify them.
Many thanks for your help on this. FSX Acceleration Settings you can check from:

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/G2QT

Removed NYC and NYA then re-installed with Lite Textures package and Airports without details, static. Launched FSX and still OOM. Changed FSX.cfg TML from 4096 to 2048 and I get OOM signal sound less often but later still crashing and sim closes.

Changed again FSX.cfg TML from 2048 to 1024 and the sim has no OOM so far. It is limited to use up to 1024 resolution without issues. But buildings located between TWC and Empire State looks terrible dark no details at all. I have Aerosoft Manhattan X wich gives those buildings clear and well detailed. You can double check the differences from the 2 links I posted before. AES Manhattan X removed from sim in order to isolate DD NYC issues first. In the event if DD NYC becomes OK then I don't need to reinstall Manhattan to prevent future other issues. I would like to leave in FSX scenery library your NYC X instead of AES Manhattan X because yours has the actualized TWC.

What can I try now?
Patricio Valdes
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

You may try going down with water effects by 2 notches (Low 2.x). What about traffic settings? Do you have a lot of other sceneries active? If helps to actiave only those sceneries you are planning to use during a particular flight. It is very easy to do via the Scenery Library menu.

Just FYI: currently the best OOM-free solution is Prepar3D v4 and most of your FSX software should work in that sim.
trisho0
100-199 posts
100-199 posts

Post by trisho0 »

DD Stanislaw wrote:You may try going down with water effects by 2 notches (Low 2.x). What about traffic settings? Do you have a lot of other sceneries active? If helps to actiave only those sceneries you are planning to use during a particular flight. It is very easy to do via the Scenery Library menu.

Just FYI: currently the best OOM-free solution is Prepar3D v4 and most of your FSX software should work in that sim.
FSX.cfg must have TML=1024 to stop OOM. FSX settings as:

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/G2aQ

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/G2aM

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/G2ag

On the another hand I am not ready to start with Prepar3D because it demands fees and also such P3D sim is not for personal entertainment. I prefer to stay with FSX ACC.

Also, can you tell me how to fix the Liberty Statue is not lighted at night? NY city, buildings and TWC with lights at night but Liberty Statue.
Patricio Valdes
csteindk
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by csteindk »

What's going on here? why do i have hills on the side of the runway?

addons installed:

DD Moscow X
DD UUEE X
FTX base Global
FTX OpenLC europe
FTX global vector

https://i.imgur.com/JovHJ99.jpg
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hmm, first of all you are writing in the New York City X topic and secondly, I honestly have no idea which airport is this.
RogCamp
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

NY City X v2.3 and P3D

Post by RogCamp »

Sorry can not see where to start new topic.

Need help I installed NY City X and three NY Airports KJFK.KLGA and KTEB

Now P3D v3.3 will not load I get the first screen where I can pick an aircraft and Airport having done that I hit OK
P3D loads to 100% then it stops working at this point and I get a message that a problem caused the program to stop working

Therefore I can not get to the scenery page in order to delete both NY City X and the NY Airports.

How can I uninstall your scenery?

I have edited the scenery.cfg file to read Active=False for both your sceneries.

I don't know what else to do?
At this point P3D will not start no matter what airport I pick

Thanks
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

There are few ways to deactivate the airports - the best one is using the installers, another one is removing entries from the scenery.cfg or product's folders from the Addon Scenery folder (P3Dv3 will rebuild scenery.cfg automatically).
RogCamp
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

NY City X v2.3 and P3D

Post by RogCamp »

Well you have to get creative when the game does not start at all.

I edited the scenery.cfg file and deleted your scenery from the add on scenery folder.

After a few days of the game not working at all I deleted the P3D.cfg file and that did the trick game is back to normal now but without your scenery installed!

I plan on getting P3D v4 soon from the looks of things I think your scenery needs more memory than what P3D v3 and FSX can provide.

Hoping P3D v4 can use more of my 32 GB of Ram.
csteindk
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by csteindk »

DD Stanislaw wrote:Hmm, first of all you are writing in the New York City X topic and secondly, I honestly have no idea which airport is this.
Sorry - i must have clicked wrong.. Its UUEE in the moscow city X package. I'll write there instead..
Yuyo1977
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by Yuyo1977 »

Stanislav, Hi! Is 432 Park Avenue tower coming up? :D
Yuyo!
edkap
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by edkap »

The George Washington Bridge is missing from my NYC scenery, in both FSX and P3Dv4. I am using it with MegaScenry NYC ultrares and NY state v3. Is there some sort of conflict? Thanks.
-Ed
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Definitely there is a conflict - this object was always included in the NYC package since the very first v1.0 version.
edkap
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by edkap »

Surprising, because the manual for NYC says it is compatible with all Megascenery products. In any event, I deactivated the Megascenery NY sceneries and it is still missing. There is only a darker shaded area, like a shadow, going across the Hudson where the bridge should be. I have all sliders (except for water effects) maxed out.

Any suggestions as to what I could look for in the way of a fix or conflict?
Thanks.
-Ed

[ Added: Thu Oct 26, 2017 14:36 ]
The NYC manual mentions the landmark of Yankee Stadium in the Bronx. So I am assuming that you modeled that also? But it is also missing. So something is going on where some of the objects are missing. I do have the bridges connecting Manhattan and Brooklyn/Queens.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Please look at the promo screenshots - the product should look exactly like pictured there: http://www.drzewiecki-design.net/prodNYCity_X.htm
edkap
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by edkap »

Everything around Manhattan looks good and just as your screenshots show. Have all the bridges down there, all buildings, everything. However, for some reason as it goes north, up in northern Manhattan and the Bronx, things are not there. It's like the scenery files for that area are missing. I took a screenshot to show you, but I don't see any way to send an attachment here other than from a URL. Is there a way to attach one of my own files?