NY Airports v2 X

Latest version: v2.6 (2020)

Romandino
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

updated runway lights NYC Airports v2

Post by Romandino »

Nice job with decreasing the intensity of the runway lights at the NY Airports, Stan! The only thing is, that on the ground, while taxiing, they are literally perfect intensity and size, but while on a 5 mile approach at night, they are so tiny that I cannot make out the center line, the approach light bars, the TDZ, or even the edge lights until I am almost passing over the piano keys and the numbers on the runways. In fact, they even tend to flicker since they are so small, making a visual night landing virtually impossible. Is there a possible way to make the lights, say, 30-40% more intense than the updated, smaller version? Sorry to sound like a pest with this, but night flying is extremely difficult with the update, and of course, the original oversized lights were just too intense. Realistically, the runway lights/TDZ lights would start to come into view on a clear night within 10-15 miles out, and basically only when you are lined up with the runway. Thanks in advance for your time!

Roman
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Thanks for your suggestion. We will try working on that however please note, that this partly depends on the sim settings you use, not only the textures.
USAIRBRO
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

KEWR AFCAD

Post by USAIRBRO »

Yes I wanted to first commend you on an amazing scenery package. I awaited for a new KEWR and you delivered! I recently flew into KEWR and noticed that the planes were taking off from runways (4R/4L) and landing on (22R/22L) simultaneously. I do have Active Sky 2016 for P3D; with prevents downloads on approached checked and force ATC to wind lock. These measures are suppose to prevent a change in runway direction. Are you able to help and or tweak the AFCAD?
Romandino
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Romandino »

DD Stanislaw wrote:Hi.
Thanks for your suggestion. We will try working on that however please note, that this partly depends on the sim settings you use, not only the textures.
Ok Stan. Thanks. Any suggestions on settings? Filtering, MipMaps, etc??
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Not really an expert in those, sorry. Please note, that on real airports lights can be adjusted by ATC so there is no "real" brightness - everything depends on how those lights are set. Sometimes pilots can ask to dim the lights or make them brighter. On our setups the lights do look realistic in comparison to some real world lighting, at least from my experience as a pilot. But I haven't operated on any of the airports from this package so the only thing we could look at were videos from night operations on those airports.
andyrocky1
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Re: NY Airports v2 no PAPI lights

Post by andyrocky1 »

]I have purchased both new V2 versions and noticed that KJFK, KLGA and KTEB do not show the PAPI lights during approach . NEED HELP

Default airports in FSX are OK , PAPI lights show well

The other V2 add-on has no problem. KEWR, KLDJ, KCDW aitports PAPI lights are OK.

I have:

FSX-SE
Win 10
NY City X
Both V2 NY airports
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hello.
Obviously - they should be visible - but it is hard to say why they are not in your case. Is it happening on all runways on all those 3 airports? Please make sure that the AFCADs are active and no dublicated and that the package is on the highest position on the Scenery Library list.
EPS
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by EPS »

I recently purchased the NYC Airports/ NYC Scenery for P3Dv4. After recently switching over from FS9. Sadly I don't think we will ever get that last ever FS9 release by DD for NYC on FS9 as promised. I'd still buy it BTW!

Anyway, here's an issue I have with my NYC airports regarding Airport Runway and Taxiway lighting. It is absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to fly a night approach into any of these aiports. The lights are totally out of scale. They only look acceptable for taxiway center lights on the ground within 100 yards infront of you.

Here is a screenshot I took at 700ft on final on the ILS 11 and EWR in a B73G.

I couldn't make out the runway lights or edge lights until 150ft before the runway. I swirved slightly thinking I was off course when I was not.

I highlighted the runway edge in MSPaint and you can see how bad the lack of lighting is.

Another thing is the REIL lights, twin flashing runway end lightis are missing from Runway 11 and Runway 29 at night as well. As they do not have full approach lights, but the REIL and touchdown zone lights etc. As partly done now. Just need the REILs to make it 100%

Contrast that to a picture on Simmarket on the product page where I purchased below my screenshot.

How can I get nightlighting of the runways like that?

Can you please give us an option to select this?

I use All Orbx prroducts as well as REX Texture Direct with basically the brightest airport lightning effect halo. Obviously your scenery has its own custom light files and is not affected by this.

A fix/hotfix is a MUST to allow for any reasonable night flying in my own backyard. I live in North Jersey and you did a remarkable job, so congrats to the D.D. team.

I was glad that your team also added Citi Field by La Guardia airport as well, feedback I provided a few years back that has made it into the product!

The nightloghitng issues aside. The Newark, NJ skyline is missing MANY buildings. Notably the 3 or 4 tallest buildings, as well as Red Bull Arena in Harrison NJ and the NJ Devils Prudential Center in Downtown Newark. There is also an FAA listed obstruction, apartment building just to the left of final approach course for runway 11 missing as well. These are fairly big omissions given the detail overall. I understand you guys remain committed to this product and new releases (I own virtually all of your sceneries) such as the upcoming Seattle which will be a definite buy for me as well.

http://c8.alamy.com/comp/A97RXB/aerial- ... A97RXB.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUBdXGy3kpw

Just hoping these issues get resolved and it will make a very good scenery an outstanding scenery!

Thanks and looking forward to hearing back.

Regards,
Emil S.
NJ
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Thanks for the reports.
Yes, some buidlings were not included on that list of 6500 buildings but also there were a few dozens of new buildings constructed so sooner or later a v3 update of the city will be done indeed.

Regarding the lights - the only thing that may affect them is mip-map setting of the sim or your graphic processor. Or maybe the textures are somehow missing. The lighting should look exactly as on those promo screenshots (unedited obviously) and visible many miles from runways. By the way, did you install the dimmer lights or are these the original lights? Which option did you select in the installer?
andyrocky1
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by andyrocky1 »

DD Stanislaw wrote:Hello.
Obviously - they should be visible - but it is hard to say why they are not in your case. Is it happening on all runways on all those 3 airports? Please make sure that the AFCADs are active and no dublicated and that the package is on the highest position on the Scenery Library list.
Yes it happens only with these 3 airports. I also have REX installed forgot to mention. Is this maybe related?
I am not an FSX expert. Where and what are the AFCADs? Where are they located? Path?

[ Added: Sat Nov 11, 2017 19:30 ]
I have checked further and I can say that in ALL V2 airports the PAPI lights are either missing or very dim/weak. This does not happen on any of the default airports.
I have noticed when flying over and around where the weak PAPI lights should be, some are totally buried (not visible) or others (weak) are half way above the ground looking thru.
edkap
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Can't get rid of NY Airports demo in P3D

Post by edkap »

Stanislaw-
I recently purchased and installed NYC Airports v2 in P3D v4. I uninstalled the NYC Airport demo version. But now everytime I boot up P3D I get a message saying that it can't find the demo version and asking me if I want to remove the area. I check "Yes", but it happens again whenever I boot up the sim. I checked around in my files and cannot find the demo version anyplace. Do you know why this is happening? Is there someplace I might not be looking the I should check? Thanks.
-Ed
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Did you check the Add-ons menu in the upper menu in the sim? You might remove the product from there.
edkap
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by edkap »

Hi again-
It is not listed under the Add-ons menu in the simulator.
In the scenery library it is showing as being in the Addon Scenery folder, but it is not there. Very odd! It is also grayed out in the scenery library, so I cannot remove it from there. It's got to be hiding someplace, but I don't know where. Any suggestions?
-Ed
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Maybe it would be enough to run the sim with the admin rights so it could change some some without restriction - f/e remove the entry of that DEMO scenery when you click "YES" (this should be done automatically).
seanW4075
0-1 posts
0-1 posts

JFK Terminal 2 jetways

Post by seanW4075 »

I just installed ny airports v2 in p3d v4 and when parked at any gate at JFK terminal two, the jetways do not appear to be attached to the building and will not activate with SODE. It keeps telling me my aircraaft door is too low for jetway. I am using TFDI B717 and all of those gates are for small aircraft. Its really strange. Is this a common problem?