NY Airports v2 X

Latest version: v2.6 (2020)

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Please contact our e-mail, I have some additional SODE files that might work.
edkap
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by edkap »

Hi-
Sorry for the delayed response, but I was down in Florida for four days (I live in NY). Every time P3D opens it asks if I want to remove the demo airports because it can't find the scenery, and I click yes. But the next time I run the sim it just does the same thing. I always run the sim with administrator rights.
-Ed
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

You can also do that manually by editing the add-ons.xml .
https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/5152 ... there-ftx/
srcejon
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by srcejon »

I have ORBX Vector + FS Global Ultimate - Next Generation

In order to get KJFK to display properly, I needed to delete ORBX/FTX_VECTOR/FTX_VECTOR_APT/scenery/ABP_KJFK.bgl and also set the Mesh to 1m.

Without this, you can see a mixture of two different runways.

Is this the best way to fix it? ORBX recommend a 5m mesh, so this may cause problems elsewhere. Thanks.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Please note that nothing should be done manually - ORBX Vector has a configuration tool that you can use to easily deactivate all ORBX Vector's airports that you need. This needs to be done for all or majority of other add-ons - hence why that tool was created. Please refer to the product's manual.

We recommend using the highest resolution of the mesh since otherwise all custom mesh (like LaGuardia shores) might look strange.
srcejon
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by srcejon »

DD Stanislaw wrote:Please note that nothing should be done manually - ORBX Vector has a configuration tool that you can use to easily deactivate all ORBX Vector's airports that you need. This needs to be done for all or majority of other add-ons - hence why that tool was created. Please refer to the product's manual.
I've run the ORBX's Airport Elevation Correction tool, but that doesn't list KJFK in either the AEC enabled or disabled lists.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

In this case simply flag KJFK, KLGA and KTEB as disabled.
Also double-check to put our product above ORBX in the Scenery Library or Add-ons list.
USAIRBRO
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

KLGA Crosswind AFCAD

Post by USAIRBRO »

Hey I really love the new KLGA. I was wondering is it at all possible to due a crosswind AFCAD where take offs are from runways (4/22) and landings on (13/31).
aniiran
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

No blue taxiway edge lights at JFK.

Post by aniiran »

I have no blue taxiway edge lights at JFK.

Checked mip map settings, I don't think that is a problem. I am seeing what windshear on page 2 is seeing. Center lights but not edge lights. Maybe it's an FSX only issue. I have checked several addons by different developers as well as default FSX scenery all of them have blue taxway edge lights. So I just can't understand how it is some mystical mip map setting that is causing me not to see blue taxi lights.

Can you elaborate on mip map settings required to display the blue taxi lights? Are they 3d objects or are they just 2D like the runway lights?

I only installed JFK. I know these lights exist in real life. I tried a fresh re-install and that did not bring me any blue taxiway edge lights either.

System: Win 7 i74810M, 32 GB RAM, GeForce GTX970M 6GB latest drivers.

I also saw blue taxi lights in the V1 of this JFK scenery. Maybe the creation method changed.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

HI.
The lights are designed in exactly the same way as runway lights, approach lights and all other lights. Do you have stopbars visible? Can you try switching the NAV2 to 112.00 during a day?
danc444
0-1 posts
0-1 posts

Almost United Heavy gates at C terminal in KEWR

Post by danc444 »

The subject says it all. The C terminal at KEWR is exclusively United and where all their "heavies" park.

There are virtually no heavy gates in 2.1. in the C terminal-1or2, that's it!

Thanks for looking at this.

[edited]

Actually, let me make this more clear: There are no Heavy gates at terminal C at KEWR.
This is wrong as terminal C is United's main terminal at KEWR and ALL of its heavy flights depart from there. Why no gates?

Thanks.
aniiran
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by aniiran »

DD Stanislaw wrote:HI.
The lights are designed in exactly the same way as runway lights, approach lights and all other lights. Do you have stop bars visible? Can you try switching the NAV2 to 112.00 during a day?
I do have stop bars and yellow alternating lights at holds.. but they disappear when I get closer than 150 feet. I turned my NAV 2 to 112.00 and I see the same lights i see at night.

I also have the issue where there is terrain bleeding through on 4L on the end. I know how to fix it, but its annoying to change the mesh complexity every time I want to fly here. FSDG Seychelles had this issue too. They made an update and I never had the problem again.

I also intermittently have a gap in the photo tiles running parallel to taxiway ZA.

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i42 ... pture4.jpg

Thanks,
matty2305
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by matty2305 »

Hi there,

Can you advise at all when you'll be updating the JFK Afcad after I sent the updates to you?

Many thanks
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

matty2305 wrote:updating the JFK Afcad
Hi. All non-Seattle work will be done when the Seattle project is released.
aniiran wrote:I also intermittently have a gap in the photo tiles running parallel to taxiway ZA.
Don't see anything wrong there. Please provide a better screenshot...
aniiran wrote:I do have stop bars and yellow alternating lights at holds.. but they disappear when I get closer than 150 feet.
This is correct - otherwise you wouldn't be able to cross them.
aniiran wrote:I have no blue taxiway edge lights at JFK.
There are no taxiway edge lights at KJFK! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAvsue88nj8
B777ER
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by B777ER »

Is there a method of getting SODE gates to work at JFK? Have the latest SODE and the files are in the C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjects\DrzewieckiDesign_KJFK folder. Still says no trigger-able objects though? Was using the PMDG 747 at gate B26 (Terminal 4).
Eric