Seattle City X

Latest version: v1.4 (2020)

kenthom
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by kenthom »

"Our product must be at the top of the list. The problem with missing buildings at KBFI and KPAE airports will be fixed asap. With KSEA however there should be no intereference."

If I put Seattle City on top the grass infield of T2G infield rolls in on approach and then disappears when not at the airport. Seattle City is seeping through.

With the summer texture the same thing happens. KSEA seeps through giving the appearance that KSEA grass is moving along with the plane as you land.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

mazelda wrote:I only have one entry called Seattle x , is this correct?
Hi. Yes, this is correct and done for maximum optimization of both products (f/e they share same textures).
mazelda wrote:Are there any particular areas that are much more detailed that I can check out?
Yes - the whole area should be covered with photoreal textures and f/e the whole downtown area is custom-made.
kenthom wrote:If I put Seattle City on top the grass infield of T2G infield rolls in on approach and then disappears when not at the airport. Seattle City is seeping through.
Yes, this has been already reported and will be fixed in the next patch (this is the installer issue).
kenthom
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by kenthom »

Please take this as only a suggestion and simply my opinion. I would love to see a scaled down version of your CityX products that only show the immediate downtown (skyscrapers) area with possibly a small circumference around it to pick up piers etc.

I fly mainly commercial aircraft and I love seeing the MUCH improved downtown areas as I fly into the cities. After my initial exploration of your other buildings I seldom look again. I would prefer the surrounding area and airports to be left untouched. I prefer the ORBX lights, landclass and seasonal changes left intact. The night textures of downtown Seattle are great.

I am only one customer and there are many that fly differently than I do. However, I would gladly pay the same price just to get the City Centers.

I have all of your North American products and enjoy them but I would have paid the same price for a smaller version.
THibben
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Seattle Airports

Post by THibben »

Stanislaw,

I load FSX, go to install scenery, select Airports Scenery, click on it and It shows the size of the file, I then click to install and that is as far as it goes. The install line stays blank and a note comes up that no file is present.

I hope I am making sense. Thanks for your help.

Tom
B777ER
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by B777ER »

DD Stanislaw wrote:Yes, this has been already reported and will be fixed in the next patch (this is the installer issue).
Any idea how soon? I was about to re-download from simmarket because I am getting the following error and assume it was a corrupt download however I have T2G KSEA and now after reading this want to wait for the updated installer:

C:\Prepar 3D\Addon Scenery\Seattle X\Scenery\Sea_FT_CN.bgl
A decompression error has occurred (#7)

File CRC mismatch - Data integrity error

And yes, was using 7 - Zip
Eric
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

kenthom wrote:I have all of your North American products and enjoy them but I would have paid the same price for a smaller version.
Hi! In this case you can actually use our freeware DEMO which provides a similar content you have described. You can also install the DEMO and copy the textures from the full version to have a limited 3D content but with original resolution textures.
B777ER wrote:C:\Prepar 3D\Addon Scenery\Seattle X\Scenery\Sea_FT_CN.bgl
A decompression error has occurred (#7)
Oh, this is definitely a download error - especially that this file is not compressed at all in the installer. But the grass issue is indeed my fault.
kenthom
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by kenthom »

Hi! In this case you can actually use our freeware DEMO which provides a similar content you have described. You can also install the DEMO and copy the textures from the full version to have a limited 3D content but with original resolution textures.
Wow, I will download the demo and take a look. I am not certain what the second option accomplishes. What do you mean a limited 3D content but with original resolution textures? Wouldn't the textures from the full version fill the whole area?

I am excited to try this. The summer landmass looks great.

Thanks for the information.
eric_jeppesen
0-1 posts
0-1 posts

KRNT height problem

Post by eric_jeppesen »

Hi,
Yesterday I bought Seattle Airports and it was run perfetly. And today I bought Seattle City then installed, I found that KRNT have some height problems. Here's some pics:

https://www.tuchuang001.com/images/2017 ... -17-30.jpg
https://www.tuchuang001.com/images/2017 ... -17-23.jpg
https://www.tuchuang001.com/images/2017 ... -17-45.jpg

The others airports suah as KBFI, KPAE, S50 worked fine. I have orbx FTX Global, VECTOR, T2G KSEA installed. I have tried run VECTOR airports elevation correction tool but nothing helped.
In my opinion Seattle City in P3Dv4's scenery library should be lower than Seattle Airports to solve this problem. But I can't move up or down in scenery library, P3Dv4's scenery.cfg even don't have any Seattle_X. So I came to looking any help from developers.

I'll feel appreciate if anyone help me, thank you.

Eric
B777ER
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by B777ER »

DD Stanislaw wrote:Oh, this is definitely a download error - especially that this file is not compressed at all in the installer. But the grass issue is indeed my fault.
I'll wait for the grass fix to be published in a new installer before retrying to download.
Eric
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Re: KRNT height problem

Post by DD Stanislaw »

eric_jeppesen wrote:KRNT have some height problems.
Hi. Please try this:
DD Stanislaw wrote:Ok, please try placing this file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l04pgwvd3tvzh ... r.BGL?dl=1 into Addon Scenery\Seattle X\Scenery .
kenthom
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by kenthom »

Wow, I will download the demo and take a look.
This worked perfectly for what I wanted. I'll use this in the winter and revert back to the full version in the summer season.

Thanks so much for the suggestion!
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Just FYI - in the upcoming patch we will change the seasons so that winter textures are displayed only in January, as some of our customers have suggested.
308cpe
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by 308cpe »

I use rar. to install. Now I took out the demo, bought the download A & B. Installed it to my folder C:\1500 & C;\333. So when I go to install it, it says looking for disc #2.So I figure it's looking for C:\333 in the browse window. It then stops. I don't have disks. From Pilot Shop it downloads to rar, and then I put it in a clean file, and download it from there. It's looking for disk 2. Why won't it just finish the full download?

[ Added: Wed Dec 13, 2017 01:38 ]
Hello.....What happened to my post.? Even if it did take. I have never had a product this difficult to install 308cpe It's looking for disc #2, and I did not buy disks. Trying to download it to FSW. The scenery and Texture files are in in addon scenery, but nothing in the files..
kenthom
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by kenthom »

DD Stanislaw wrote:Just FYI - in the upcoming patch we will change the seasons so that winter textures are displayed only in January, as some of our customers have suggested.
Perfect! I have been using the full city since that is the only way that I can get KBFI and KRNT to work. I am getting used to it. Plus, it seems that the City texture is no longer bleeding through the T2G KSEA infield. All in all, very happy with the City and Airports.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Guys, if someone is having this issue:

...this is because you need to unpack (decompress) the ZIP file (or 7z) first and only then run the installer. Running the installer inside the compressed file won't work - the installer will ask to insert Disk #2. This is correct and expected. All 3 files must be unpacked first in order for the EXE to find another two parts of the install package.