Seattle City X

Latest version: v1.4 (2020)

308cpe
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by 308cpe »

You said, you need to run. decompress the zip file, and then run the City file where you decompressed it to. Lets see. From The Pilot Shop there are two files. A & B. When you download those files they come in as a WinRAR file or a 7zip file. A file is larger than the B file.
As I have been doing for many years I then click on the compressed file from Pilot Shop, it opens up and wants to know where you want it to go..I usually put It in a file on my C:\ that has nothing in it. C"\000, 100, 200,300,etc. So then I go to that file and there it is ready for me to click on it, and start the installation process. AM I right so far. Half way though the installation the want to look for the 2nd disc shows up. You can cancel the page, and the installation continures for about 10 seconds and the look for 2nd disc showsup. Now in order to get rid of that page, you have to do control,alt,delete, get into that file and get it off the screen. Which then makes you start from scratch. So up to this point I have no Seattle City.
It's funny The Seattle Demo went in like a champ, doing my usual decompress to a file and then open it up. Either something is amiss with the files from Pilot Shop, or there has to be another explanation. It's not a clean file, otherwise it would go in as fast as the Seattle Demo did. Unless you have more ideas, I will still keep on trying, as I have tried everything I can come up with at this point.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Seattle DEMO has just one file. Seattle City is 5,3GB in size and cannot be but into one EXE file, it has to be split into 2GB segments. There should be 3 files in the downloaded package, just as shown on my screenshot on the previous page. If you get only 2 files then it doesn't seem to be right. The size of all 3 files should be around 5,3GB. Please make a screenshot of the files delivered by the store and post it here.
trisho0
100-199 posts
100-199 posts

Seattle City X DEMO problems

Post by trisho0 »

Installed, removed and installed again complete in FSX, same problem. What's files need to be removed to start a fresh Seattle City x DEMO installation?
Patricio Valdes
thokle
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by thokle »

Very nice scenery, thank you for that. :)

However I found one big autogen exclusion near KBFI and a smaller one near KSEA.

Could you please fix that?

https://abload.de/img/2017-12-13_23-14-34-9knsj6.jpg

https://abload.de/img/2017-12-13_23-15-9-4087s2d.jpg
Best Regards

Thomas
trisho0
100-199 posts
100-199 posts

Seattle City X downloading

Post by trisho0 »

Hi Stan, I am downloading Seattle City X and is (5.1 GB). Is it correct size? Or it should be 5.3 GB as I can see somewhere here in the Forum?
Patricio Valdes
harlank
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

two Space Needles in Seattle

Post by harlank »

I bought and installed Seattle City( I run P3Dv4) and it is a beautiful rendition of Seattle. The only issue I have is that there are 2 space needles. Any idea how to get rid of the default Space Needle?

harlank
308cpe
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

DRZ. Design/Seattle

Post by 308cpe »

First off somebody please explain to me why I cannot find my last post each time I get on here? next explanation, explain to me why the disk page is showing up in a download installer, whether you have 7zip or WinRAR. C:\1900\DRZ-430_B. Yes there are 3 files. Demo has one file. Should not make a hill of a difference when it comes to the installer, installing the files, whether it be one or three. If I knew how to post some scenery I would. T
axi2Gate KSEA_ Terrain & KSEA. Download and in they go no sweat. The installer should not be looking for a disc for the next file, or to complete the one file. All three files should install by themselves to the same location. I finally in the disk file did this. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX, and the files showedup in the addon scenery file in FSX, but nothing in the Scenery or Texture file. Well thanx for bearing with me, but if nothing progresses, I'll stick with the Demo file, and eat the dollars. Great scenery.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Re: two Space Needles in Seattle

Post by DD Stanislaw »

harlank wrote:2 space needles
Hi. Our product needs to be above basically anything else, especially all ORBX products and Taxi2Gate's KSEA.
308cpe wrote:C:\1900\DRZ-430_B. Yes there are 3 files. Demo has one file. Should not make a hill of a difference when it comes to the installer, installing the files, whether it be one or three. If I knew how to post some scenery I would. T
Hi. It seems I really do not understand that problem. Please contact my e-mail given at http://www.drzewiecki-design.net/c.htm , I'll try to assist you remotely.
thokle wrote:big autogen exclusion near KBFI
Unfortunately this is so much dependent on particular setups that we could not troubleshoot it. There are many customers with 100% autogen displayed (you can see it on YT movies) and some with some parts of it being removed. As for now we do not have any fix for that.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Version v1.05 of this product has been sent to stores.
The update is free. As soon as you get a notification from the store, feel free to download the newest installer.
It is not required to remove the previous version prior to installing the new one.

Changes:
- Seasons changed to better blend into default and ORBX scenery (winter in January only)
- Harvey Field exclusion - fixed
- Fixed Taxi2Gate KSEA compatibility
- Slightly lower download size (4,7GB instead of 5,1GB)
harlank
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Re: two Space Needles in Seattle

Post by harlank »

DD Stanislaw wrote:
harlank wrote:2 space needles
Hi. Our product needs to be above basically anything else, especially all ORBX products and Taxi2Gate's KSEA.
308cpe wrote:C:\1900\DRZ-430_B. Yes there are 3 files. Demo has one file. Should not make a hill of a difference when it comes to the installer, installing the files, whether it be one or three. If I knew how to post some scenery I would. T
Hi. It seems I really do not understand that problem. Please contact my e-mail given at http://www.drzewiecki-design.net/c.htm , I'll try to assist you remotely.
thokle wrote:big autogen exclusion near KBFI
Unfortunately this is so much dependent on particular setups that we could not troubleshoot it. There are many customers with 100% autogen displayed (you can see it on YT movies) and some with some parts of it being removed. As for now we do not have any fix for that.
Thank you-I had 2 space needles because I had Taxi2Gate KSEA above.
kenthom
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by kenthom »

I installed the newest edition. All is great except that if I put T2G KSEA above Seattle CityX I lose industrial buildings in the City. If I put Seattle CityX above T2G KSEA I lose some buildings and ground texture in in T2G KSEA.

I have tried moving around the three (Seattle City, Seattle Arpts, T2G KSEA) in the scenery library. The only way to get all the buildings from Seattle City & Airports is to have Airports above City. I assume that is by design. Moving T2G above either of the above eliminates buildings. Having T3G KSEA below DD loses the grass infield and huge warehouse just north of the KSEA. It may be in the T2G Terrain folder. The T2G grass rolls along under the vehicle as you fly over the airport.

Hope this helps. All was working together before update.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Seattle City X must be put on the top of the list and no T2G's buildings should be removed. If this is the case please specify which buildings from KSEA are being removed.
kenthom
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by kenthom »

I definitely have to have Seattle Airports on top of Seattle CityX to get all the buildings.
PineappleWizard
0-1 posts
0-1 posts

Post by PineappleWizard »

I just purchased Seattle City X from simmarket and the zip file only contains two files Seattle_City_X.2 and Seattle_City_X.3 and the installer. Simmarket shows the download at 4.73GB which doesn't seem to be correct as earlier in this thread IIRC 5.3GB was correct. Is there a way you guys can communicate with simmarket to fix this or do I need to contact them myself? I hope this is resolved soon since I have paid for the product but cannot use it.

Thanks
trisho0
100-199 posts
100-199 posts

Post by trisho0 »

Installed FSX Seattle City X version 1.05 from simmarket. KPAE and KRNT airports showing black squares around no buildings and terrain elevation problems. What to do now?
Patricio Valdes