NY Airports v2 X

Latest version: v2.6 (2020)

Raller
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: Raller

Post by Raller »

Exactly my problem. I was happy when i saw, that PC-Aviator changed the Version# to 2.3.

But they really only changed the number, not the download-file. This is still dated from 01-03-18.

How difficult can it be to upload a file? That's why SimMarket is the leader...

Raller
chaoustin
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by chaoustin »

DD Stanislaw wrote:Inside the sim you can access that file cia the Scenery Library option, where all installed sceneries are visible.
Thank you so much sir, i finally realized that in the list of scenery library you mentioned, there was indeed repeating packs, activated:

1) the NY airports (which is inside the add-on folder)
2) the add-on scenery (which holds the NY airports V2)

heres the final and complete view of la guardia with buildings !!!

NY airports V2
sw34669
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

New Install - will not see P3dV4

Post by sw34669 »

Hi,

Just bought this on simmarket, downloaded the installer and it will only allow installation into p3dv1,2 or 3, not 4. What am I doing wrong.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gddqnv0rilcb6yz/jfk.JPG?dl=0
jackieman27
0-1 posts
0-1 posts

Post by jackieman27 »

DD Stanislaw wrote:Dear Customer,

A new version v2.3 of NY Airports v2 X: KJFK, KLGA, KTEB has been sent to stores. To download the new version you should wait for the instructions sent by our vendors. The update is published as a complete installer.
[/b]
It seems that v2.3 isnt available to download on Simmarket. In my account, I only see "NY_Airports_v2_X_KJFK-KLGA-KTEB.exe" for download - which appears to be the first release version. I never got an email notifying me of any product update, which I do for other products frequently. Thanks.

Edit: disregard. Just opened that installer file and realized it is in fact 2.3 . My bad. I am used to getting update notifications from simmarket.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Simmarket definitely has the newest version available which is v2.3 .
sw34669
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

No help from SimMarket

Post by sw34669 »

Ok I also logged a ticket with simmarket last night with the missing p3dv4 install option .

Their reply today wasnt well thought through, they said "You are not using the most recent version for that product. Please enter your account and download it again.".

I downloaded the only file available from their link at the bottom of my invoice, ive never owned this airport before and even on re-download this morning, from simmarket, theres still no p3dv4 option. I have asked them to either tell me where else to download from or issue me a refund.

Been a waste of a few hours of my time. Looks like a stale file link at their end.

Hang on they just replied .... and refered me back to you to find out why it will not install on my system. My other add-ons all detect p3dv4.2. Any suggestions.
B777ER
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by B777ER »

Forum user "mikealpha" over at Avsim forums is reporting the newly updated SODE v 1.6.2 has broken the gates at your airports. Here is his post contents:

Just be advised, SODE for Drzewiecki Design Sceneries won't work anymore, there are tons of error messages in the SODE logs, just a short example :

[10:46:13.963] ERROR SODE.XML : <Stand> AfcadGateName Attribute 'GATE C 120-139' is not valid!
[10:46:13.963] ERROR SODE.XML : <Stand> KEWR, GATE C 120-139, 130 contains invalid data! Stand is not added.
[10:46:13.969] DEBUG SODE.XML : SDX Decompilation of 'KJFK_X.sdx' successful.
[10:46:13.986] ERROR SODE.XML : <Stand> AfcadGateName Attribute 'Terminal 7' is not valid!
[10:46:13.986] ERROR SODE.XML : <Stand> KJFK, Terminal 7, 12 contains invalid data! Stand is not added.
Eric
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Your issue seems to be related to the Windows settings - the option is actually there but it is not visible because the displayed text is too large and it simply doesn't fit in. The correctly looking install window should look like this:

...and yours looks like this:

Please make sure that:
1. A dipslay screen you are using has enough resolution to display the whole window
2. The Windows text size (or magnification or whatever is used to control font sizes) is set to 100% size. This might help: https://windows.gadgethacks.com/how-to/ ... 0-0166687/
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

B777ER wrote:the newly updated SODE v 1.6.2 has broken the gates at your airports
This is correct.
We still have the older version available at our database:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0u5jptygmoopv ... t.msi?dl=1
B777ER
26-49 posts
26-49 posts

Post by B777ER »

DD Stanislaw wrote:
B777ER wrote:the newly updated SODE v 1.6.2 has broken the gates at your airports
This is correct.
We still have the older version available at our database:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0u5jptygmoopv ... t.msi?dl=1
I have no plans on popping different versions of SODE in and out of the sim. For me this is not a solution for just your airports. Any plan for updating your work?
Eric
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

http://drzewiecki-design.net/forum/view ... 3124#13124

We have about 40 airports in our offer. Yes, we will be updating them step by step but this will definitely take time and I am sure our products are not the only one affected. If you know someone experienced with SODE XML coding we would be happy to cooperate with such a person to make things faster. As for now we are unable to leave everything we are working on and just start rewriting XML files. But sure, we will eventually do this.
B777ER wrote:popping different versions of SODE in and out of the sim
Nobody talks about "popping in and out". The older version works perfectly with all products just as it did before.
truthknown
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by truthknown »

I guess we are not going to get a response on this and we are just out of luck... so much for spending our money on a product that we can't get updates to.

Guess I will have to discontinue buying products from both PC Aviator and Drzewiecki Design.
Chris Lezama
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Actually I got the answer from PC Aviator on February 26th that all those issues with missing updates were already fixed so... I am not sure what would you like me to do.

Did I already ask not to quote full posts?
snapshot21
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by snapshot21 »

Hi,

According to 12bPilot (Dev of SODE), the problem comes from DD not following the P3D SDK in designating the jetways. Other sceneries that followed the SDK dont have any problem with compatibility with latest versions. Here is his full statement in avsim

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/5324 ... nt-3819188

Can we expect that products from now on should conform to the SDK?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Dear Customers,
We are working on providing full compatibility with the newest SODE version (v1.6.2). As for now we have prepared for you some SDX files that you can download and test with the newest SODE.

SODE v1.6.2 compatible SDX files

A particular SDX file is dedicated to a particular project (f/e Polish Airports) or just one airport (f/e KLGA LaGuardia).

SDX files should be placed into %programdata%\12bPilot\SODE\sdx\DrzewieckiDesign ( C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\sdx\DrzewieckiDesign ) folder.

Please note - gates at KJFK Terminal 8 do not work - this is an expected behaviour so far.