NY Airports v2 X

Latest version: v2.6 (2020)

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Re: NY Airports v2 X

Post by DD Stanislaw »

goldenshark wrote: Wednesday 08 Aug 2018, 07:31 if there is a scenery being published, it is to expect that the scenery actually works after installation, especially when one bought the product
Definitely (and if there are problems we have this customer support forum), but are you suggesting that there is another way of getting the product?
goldenshark wrote: Wednesday 08 Aug 2018, 07:31 I managed to get the sceneries to work with ticking the "install static aircraft" during installation
This option has nothing to do with the look of airport buildings, it only installs/deactivates static aircraft. The scenery should work perfectly no matter if that option is selected or no.

I assume you have checked the Scenery Library and only one entry was found? You haven't answered that question. You do not need to manage anything, just please let me know what I need to know to fix the problem. This is the most efficient way of making things work correctly and I do want to make this product work fine in your case too (and it works fine for thousands of our customers, it really does).
goldenshark
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Danny

Post by goldenshark »

Definitely (and if there are problems we have this customer support forum), but are you suggesting that there is another way of getting the product?
Isn't there a demo of this product? And we both know there is piracy going on, right? That is unavoidable.
This option has nothing to do with the look of airport buildings, it only installs/deactivates static aircraft. The scenery should work perfectly no matter if that option is selected or no.
This is my experience. Everything what I've done failed, except for ticking the "install static aircraft" box. When I did that and started P3D and spawned into KJFK, all the buildings were there as like nothing was wrong.
There are no other sceneries installed in that area so it shouldn't be a problem wether it's on top in the library or not. According to me if there's an addon scenery installed P3D chooses the addon scenery above the default automatically. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
And yes I have double-checked the library and only one entry exists of the Drzewiecki Design NY Airports and is activated.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

goldenshark wrote: Thursday 09 Aug 2018, 10:20 (...) we both know there is piracy going on, right? That is unavoidable.
Negative, I do not know about that, but if you do, you should report it to an appropriate agency (police for example). I do not agree that stealing is unavoidable.
goldenshark wrote: Thursday 09 Aug 2018, 10:20 except for ticking the "install static aircraft" box
So when you install with static aircraft the buildings are visible and when you deselect this option KJFK buildings dissapear? I am sorry but this is nearly impossible. :roll: Lets meet on TeamViewer so I could look at that myself. I do not think I would be able to provide any support otherwise... If that is fine, just send me your ID and the 4-digit code via e-mail http://www.drzewiecki-design.net/c.htm and leave the app open.
Newhampshires
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Chris

Post by Newhampshires »

Hello,

I've made an account on this forum because I'm having trouble removing your NY Demo from my FSX:Steam Edition.

I've deleted the "NY Airports v2 X DEMO" folder from the "Steam -> steamapps -> common -> FSX -> Addon Scenery" folder.

I've also deleted KEWR_ALT.bgl, KJFK_ALT.bgl, and KLGA_ALT.bgl from the "Steam -> steamapps -> common -> FSX -> scenery -> World -> scenery" folder.

Where else do I need to look?? An automatic installer is only good if there's an uninstaller or directions to manually remove everything that's been installed...

Thank you for any help you provide.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hello.
You have mentioned all files that should be removed.
May I ask why would you like to remove it?
Newhampshires
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Chris

Post by Newhampshires »

Thank you for your quick response.

Just to be sure, is the scenery of JFK in this photo from your DEMO?

Image Link of the photo here: https://i.imgur.com/akn9gZN.jpg

If so, then even though I have removed those files as indicated in my previous post, the NY Airports scenery remains.

If not, then disregard this post.

Thank you.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hello.
Negative, this is not our scenery.
Please compare with our product here: http://www.drzewiecki-design.net/prodNYAirports_X.htm
samwheeler
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by samwheeler »

Hi there. Just inquiring on something. I noticed on some of your other sceneries (SEA, DCA, etc.) all the jetway hoods extend and connect to the aircraft where as I found that at JFK, EWR and LGA they don’t, there is a noticeable gap between the aircraft and the jetway. Is that something that can be fixed?
Thanks,

Sam Wheeler
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
They are SODE-driven, we cannot change anything there unfortunately. The simply work or they do not. :wink:
samwheeler
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by samwheeler »

Hm ok. So is it a different jetway model compared to your other sceneries?
Thanks,

Sam Wheeler
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Oh, now I have understood the question.
Yes, that part is not animated in NY Airports for performance reasons. Actually each our airport have different jetway models.
samwheeler
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by samwheeler »

Ahh alright. That makes sense. Thanks! :)
Thanks,

Sam Wheeler
Drumcode
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: Jacek

Post by Drumcode »

Hi guys!

Meant to sign up a while ago, but never really got to it as I didn't really need any help, first post!

Wanted to ask what could be causing the lack of AI at LGA? It is not completely dead, but close to. Using UTL at 100%, not having any issues what so ever at TET or JFK (or any other of your or any other airport), just La Guardia. I've checked the AFCAD, made sure the package version from Simmarket is up to date, all checks out fine. I usually don't ask for help unless I completely run out of ideas. Thanks!
Wolf940
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Wolfgang

Post by Wolf940 »

I purchased both NY Airports v2 products today. The KJFK, KLGA, KTEB package installed properly. However the KEWR-KCDW-KLDJ package gave me the attached error. Please advise how I can install this package.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Drumcode wrote: Wednesday 22 Aug 2018, 14:48 the lack of AI at LGA
Hi!
Is it fine on other airports? KLGA does not really have anything different... No ideas right now, we will try to investigate the issue further.
Wolf940 wrote: Wednesday 22 Aug 2018, 18:20 Please advise how I can install this package.
Hi. I would suggest a re-download and/or deactivating an antivirus prior to installing.