Seattle Airports XP

Latest version: v1.2 (2020)

jac2982
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: JC

Re: Seattle Airports XP

Post by jac2982 »

Sorry I don’t know how to edit posts so here the link. I forgot.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/4425 ... ery-order/
hb42
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: hb

Post by hb42 »

I am also seeing the marching ants effect described by another user earlier.

A separate bug I've noticed is that South Satellite Terminal gate numbers (e.g. S12) cast shadows but the numbers themselves are missing - as a result, the numbers are only visible at certain times of day depending on sun position, and not visible at night.
Moter
50-99 posts
50-99 posts

Post by Moter »

About marching ants - this is x-plane bug, we send bug-report half year ago (when we make NY v.2). But problem remains unchanged.

Good news! Our customer Brian make WT3 and X-life compitibility for KSEA! Thank him very much for incredable work!
https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/f ... le-tacoma/
adl320
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Aaron

11GB Textures???

Post by adl320 »

Really trying to figure out what's going on here. So I "had" both Seattle Airports and City installed. With that combo, changing nothing else in my settings, I'm consuming 11GB of textures with my settings as shown in the attached screen capture. Removing Seattle City and I still have a whopping 8GB of textures loaded for airports alone. So 8GB of texture load for Airports and 3GB texture load for City? Is that right? I have multiple other complex airports and I don't see nearly this spike. In addition, panning around the cockpit of ANY airplane is choppy with frame rates going from 25 or so into single digits until things "recover". This reminds me more of the FSX days. Please don't let the answer be, turn down your sliders. I've not had to touch my sliders for any add-on in XP yet and this scenery just isn't that complex. It's on par with others I own so I wouldn't expect to see such a performance hit.

Could the way this package was built have anything to do with it? For example, One massive airport area instead of separate airports? Kind of like the fact that static aircraft are either all on or all off - Spread out across all the airports in this volume. What am I missing and who is experiencing no impacts? Happy to diagnose as I really love what DD have done here, just cannot fly with it in the current install.

System Specs:
Intel i7-6700k 4.00 GHz
16GB RAM
GTX 1080Ti

Aaron
adl320
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Aaron

Post by adl320 »

Well, happy to report that all seems to be back to normal. The only thing I did was to remove the static aircraft at SEA - Doubt that had any significant impact. But, I also noticed that there were references to the DD instructions PDF folder in the Senery_Packs.ini file. Once removing that and removing the folder from the Custom Scenery directory, all seems to be back to normal.

Aaron
Moter
50-99 posts
50-99 posts

Post by Moter »

Aaron thanks for report.
Maybe with our scenery X-plane loaded your phototextures from ortho4XP?! And in summary you got 11gb of loaded textures.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

This product has been updated to v1.1 .
New in v1.1:
- World Traffic 3 compatibility
- X-Life compatibility
- upgraded KSEA AFD
- upgraded installer
stantona
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Alex

Post by stantona »

How do you post a question? Thanks.
jfwharton
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: John

Post by jfwharton »

Today I purchased both the Seattle XP and Seattle XP Airports. I noticed what has been mentioned as the marching ants. The black lines on the runways that bleed through the instrument panel. Is there any fix for this issue? If not I will have to contact the X-Plane.org store to see if I can get a refund on the Seattle XP Airports.
jfwharton
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by jfwharton »

There is a screen shot of the issue.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Indeed, frankly the information about this issue has been sent to the Laminar Research team in a bug report; it appears in other 3rd party projects as well.
jfwharton
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by jfwharton »

Thank you for the information. I did more digging and I have a few aircraft where your runway textures do not bleed through the aircraft and instrument panel. A few but most experience this effect. I have many add on airports from different companies. Yours is the only one that does this. So thank you for the information. I know now to stay away from your airports. Time to contact the X-Plane store and see if I can get my money back.
jfwharton
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by jfwharton »

I have done more digging into this issue and was wrong to post my frustration on your forum. Looking even further into this issue I discovered it is present in half of the Carenado aircraft I own but not in the other half. So as you have said this is a bug most likely caused by LR changing something and the aircraft manufacturers have yet to catch up to the change that is causing this issue. So I apologize for my previous comments. I should hold off before making such remarks before I get all of my facts right. I will state that I am amazed the the level of detail in your Seattle City XP and Seattle Airports XP scenery. It looks fantastic and performs very well. I have started pursuit of this issue through Carenado support and will do so with the aircraft manufacturers of the other aircraft I have exhibiting this issue.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Sure, no problem.
We too are looking forward to this issue being solved.
dierkx36
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Marco

Post by dierkx36 »

I'm having some trouble with KPAE, just not sure if it's connected to X-Life Deluxe or the Seattle airports pack.

For some reason X-Life Deluxe doesn't recognize KPAE as airport (KPAE not in airport database)
Aren't the runways and taxiways suppose to be recognized by X-Life Deluxe ?

When I try to make a airport taxi and runway xlf and data file for KPAE with X-Life Deluxe Airport editor X-Plane 11 crashes.
This is probably a X-Life problem and not connect to the Seattle airport pack.