Latest version: v1.4 (2020)

DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Re: Seattle City X

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
The product is added to the Scenery Library automatically.
You may use the slew more ("Y") to get there.
PGDE
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by PGDE »

Hi Stan: Is there a version history for 1.3?

Many thanks,

P.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

You can just ignore that update, it had very little changes.
villaloha
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Darrell

Post by villaloha »

Happy Autumn!

I could not figure why Seattle City X does not appear in my P3DV4 even I installed correctly with valid serial key. Can someone please help me how to get city to work in my P3DV4?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
On the screenshot you've pasted the product seems to be correctly installed...
Which serial key did you use?
villaloha
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Darrell

Post by villaloha »

Good morning. I purchased through Simmarket. I think I made a mistake. I assumed Seattle X would cover the ENTIRE of the city but not. I reviewed all photos on Simmarket and realized it's only in downtown. I "slewed" to downtown and do see a cruise boat, ferry wheel, buildings. Sorry to be a bother. Have a great day!
honanhal
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: James

Post by honanhal »

Stanislawie,

I just bought your generally excellent Seattle City scenery. Since the Simmarket page specifically says it is compatible with T2G KSEA, I was quite surprised and disappointed to see that there are black texture "holes" all around the perimeter of the airport. I know you've discussed this earlier in this thread and I now understand that the Seattle City package is not in actual fact compatible with the T2G scenery, because there is apparently no way to fix these texturing holes while running the two sceneries at the same time. This is very unfortunate, but this is not the question I came here to ask.

My question is whether additionally buying your Seattle Airports package would allow me to run the T2G KSEA scenery while removing these texturing holes. There was someone earlier in this thread who had also asked this question but I don't think he or she got a clear answer. Thanks.

James
wanthuyr
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by wanthuyr »

Folks,
Today I noticed that the airplane shadows are baked at the ground in the KPAE airport, breaking all the realism. How can I solve this.
PS: I don't want the static aircraft.
Thanks!
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

wanthuyr wrote: Sunday 28 Oct 2018, 01:26 (...) the airplane shadows are baked at the ground in the KPAE
Can you put the screenshot here to show the problem?
Drzewiecki Design Customer Support
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

honanhal wrote: Saturday 27 Oct 2018, 19:40 My question is whether additionally buying your Seattle Airports package would allow me to run the T2G KSEA scenery while removing these texturing holes.
I need to ask my colleagues, but please remember that it's not easy to ensure 100% compatibility with the scenery that wasn't created by us. The contact with T2G isn't an easy one too. Nevertheless definitely I recommend you to check our KSEA scenery which is the part of Seattle Airports package, especially as we have the Holloween special discount offer -30%
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

honanhal wrote: Saturday 27 Oct 2018, 19:40 Simmarket page specifically says it is compatible with T2G KSEA
Indeed, you can use both products together but our product A was designed to be used with our product B obviously, so although you can use other KSEA sceneries the best visuals will be achieved when using the product with our airport.
wanthuyr wrote: Sunday 28 Oct 2018, 01:26 Today I noticed that the airplane shadows are baked at the ground in the KPAE airport, breaking all the realism.
When you deselect static aircraft in the installer, all static aircraft shadows are removed, aren't they?
ca177
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by ca177 »

Hi,

I have the Seattle City X, and noticed that Mt. Rainier texture at night looks just like in day time (bright white). Is this a confirmed bug?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

ca177 wrote: Monday 29 Oct 2018, 15:16 Mt. Rainier texture at night
Yes, as far as I know it's on our "to-do list".
CycloneMike
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Mike

Post by CycloneMike »

I have 7 od Drzewiecki sceneries, NY City, both NYC Airport Packages, Washington D.C., Miami, Seattle City and Seattle Airports. They are all the latest versions for P3D. My P3D v4 runs, stops and starts perfectly until I install either one or both of Seattle City and/or Seattle Airports. It will run thru one complete cycle and it looks almost photo real-awesome. But after I exit, P3D will not start again. When I try to start it again I get the small P3D screen and a brief flash of a blue loading bar and then 3 black screens on my 3 monitors. I have to use task master to get out of the program. I then have to uninstall both programs according to the instructions and then reload them again or just leave them out all together to make P3D start again. And then it works normally. I have tried several of the fixes I’ve read about on various web sites including deleting the 3 LM cfg files and letting them rebuild which hasn't worked so far. I have not tried any of the other 5 Drzewiecki programs yet. I am having enough trouble with Seattle.

I have an i7-980x with 6 cores, 2 GTX970 GPU’s and 16GB of RAM which gives me around 25 fps with a 5760 x 1080 resolution on 3 - 27” screens over downtown Seattle with most sliders maxed out or on the 2nd highest settings. I think these programs are among the best out there and I would love to be flying in them. I used them in fsx for years with no problems and would like to be using them now in P3D but I can’t. Please help.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hello, honestly speaking I cannot imagine how such a problem can be caused by our sceneries. First of all they don't have anything special that can interfere with the operation of P3D. The only thing I can think of is SODE, but it's a very popular software among the P3D users and I've never heard that it can cause such a problem. Secondly I cannot understand this part of your post:
CycloneMike wrote: Wednesday 14 Nov 2018, 17:29 I then have to uninstall both programs according to the instructions and then reload them again or just leave them out all together to make P3D start again
Which programs do you need to uninstall?
Can you describe the problem in details or send any screenshots showing the symtomps?
Have you installed our sceneries with admin rights with disabled antivirus?
Have you tried to ask about the problem on the Prepar3d forum? (https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/)
An finally do you have any other addons? Are you absolutely sure that neither of them have been updated or changed in the meantime?
Many times it turns out that the problem is not necessarily where it seems to be...