Seattle Airports X

Latest version: v1.4 (2020)

kdfw
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: kdfw

Re: Seattle Airports X

Post by kdfw »

seattle airportx is quite good but the night textures are totally wrong--the airport buildings actually glow white at night. i think the light map textures need to be toned down by at least half so that airport buildings blend better with the surrounding environment. the p3dv4 dynamic lights don't help either, the airports just glow white in sea of surrounding darkness and it doesn't look right.

Pitty because it's an otherwise great looking scenery pack....
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Can you show it via screenshots?
Is it better with HDR off?
Does it look the same as on the product website: http://www.drzewiecki-design.net/prodSeaADs_X.htm
Drzewiecki Design Customer Support
kdfw
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: kdfw

Post by kdfw »

Hi Martin,
with hdr=on it looks like the shots in the prod page, not blending well with its surrounding autogen. with hdr=off, the blending isn't as bad but the buildings are brighter than what's around it and rooftops are even brighter than the tarmac around it.

night, hdr=off
https://imgur.com/a/fexjunj
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

We will consider this for the future update.
shasta62
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by shasta62 »

Hello,

is the issue below been investigated any further? It´s really annoying to make a short hop from KSEA to KBFI and there is no Autogen in the northeast corner of the airport. The scenery is really great and I enjoy it very much, but the missing Autogen is really frustrating. I tried a lot of things (de-activation of files), but it was never really satisfying.

Thank you
Christian

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have both sceneries, Seattle AirportsX 1.1 and Seattle CityX. When I take-off from KSEA and fly to KBFI a large patch of Autogen at the north east corner of KBFI is gone. It is there when I start P3D from KBFI. I tested all KBFI files and found ot, if I de-aktivate the five KBFI_GND bgl files and the KBFI_TWYLHT.bgl file then everything is OK with the autogen, but KBFI isn´t fully nice. Therefore I assume there is soemthing in these six files that supresses autogen at the KBFI north east corner when taking off from KSEA. Could you have a look at these files? As said - the autogen is there when I choose KBFI as starting point in P3Dv4.

Thank you
Christian"

I updated Seattle Airports X and Seattle City X to 1.2 and also Prepar3D from v4.1 to v4.2. Unfortunately the autogen problem still exists. When loading P3D at KSEA, take off there and fly to KBFI a large patch of autogen is gone at the northeast part of the field. Deleting the files mentioned above isn´t an option, since this makes KBFI look ugly and I like your rendition of this airport (and the rest as well)! Do you have an idea?

Thanks
Christian
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

I'm afraid Christian that there is no news in this case. We have noted your report and will investigate it as soon as our resources and time allow us.
KPAE
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: PaineFieldTerminal

Post by KPAE »

Paine Fields new terminal uses glass Jetways. The ones in this package are not.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Thanks for sharing this information - we will check this and eventually consider the change in the next update.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

PaineFieldTerminal, the jetways were modeled after initial plans and visualizations - the actual terminal was not constructed yet. In case you have more up-to-date pictures than we do, we would very much appreciate if you could share them with us.
Dreamflight767
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Dreamflight767 »

Hello:

I purchased this product several months ago from PC Aviator. I am attempting a re-install in P3Dv4.4 but the link to download PC Aviator is providing is not valid and times out. I am unable to establish communications with PC Aviator. Can some please help.

Thank you.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi, our official standpoint in such cases is here:

http://drzewiecki-design.net/forum/view ... ?f=3&t=422

We can try to ask them, but I cannot promise anything. Please send your order number via Email to marcin@drzewiecki-design.net - it will be easier to check this particular case.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Dreamflight767 wrote: Thursday 06 Dec 2018, 23:02 link to download PC Aviator is providing is not valid and times out
PC Aviator discovered that there was a problem witha folder on the server and their tech guy will be fixing it this evening. However it should already be solved to anyone that has reported a link or file timing out.
dcmair
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by dcmair »

As to the pic of the airport, mine does not look that good. I cannot get Seattle Airports to download into the addon scenery file so I can install it in Prepar 3D V3.
Haven't even gotten to 4 yet. Now I have a separate disc with Seattle Airports X.2 & X.3. I use WinRAR for everything no problem. I see these files are big, but after deceompressing tjem through WinRAR there is nothing in the squares to open up.Where do I go from here. I will redownload the Seattle Airport X file.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Those X2 and X3 files were available in the very first version. This will be updated asap by the store.
paul123
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: pauly

Post by paul123 »

I just installed Seattle Airports X and Seattle scenery. I noticed no jetways are present (except for small annex by the bridge). During installation it forced me to download SODE, I thought I did, but I don't see it. I don't want to re-download it and install it as I am afraid it will mess up all my other FSDT and FlyTampa airports. I am running P3D latest Version 4.4. Both sceneries are truly amazing. This was my 1st purchase of your products. The Boeing Factory is unbelievable. Is SODE required to get the jetways inKSAE???