New York City X

Latest version: v2.6 (2020)

f22 simpilot
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Aaron

Re: New York City X

Post by f22 simpilot »

Hi. Hoping to get some help here. I just bought the New York City X add-on, but it looks like utter hell for some reason. I've tried monkeying around with FSX.cfg, etc to no avail. It looks like a lot of the skyscrapers don't even show up.

Here's a screen shot of the ground.

Here's a copy of my FSX.cfg
fsx.zip
What in the world could be wrong?

Running FSX Deluxe boxed, i5 6600k CPU.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
f22 simpilot
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by f22 simpilot »

BTW- I bought this at the new store.flightsim.com site and there was no key or any activation. I was able to just install it.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi, honestly speaking I'm not sure if I understand the problem correctly. It seems that the scenery has not been installed, right?

Have you tried to reinstall our scenery with admin rights + deactivated antivir?
Do you have the respective entry in your Scenery Library?
FSX.cfg doesn't help me - you may provide me with scenery.cfg which may tell me something more.
Drzewiecki Design Customer Support
f22 simpilot
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by f22 simpilot »

I don't use an anti-virus on my gaming computer so that isn't it. The scenery is active. In fact, I had to use the scenery configuration tool found at Source Forge to deactivate a lot of my other scenery because once I flew into NY I got an OOM.

But as requested, this is what the file looks like now. It's area 181.

NewScenery.zip

I could try to install it as Admin, but I doubt that will do anything.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
f22 simpilot
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by f22 simpilot »

Reran the installer with Admin rights. This time it never even added its self to the scenery.cfg file so I had to add it myself. Still looks like crap!

Attached is my new scenery.cfg file.
Scenery.zip
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Please confirm which NY City X version was indicated by the installer?

Please try to post the screenshot from a day, not from a night. However our scenery should look the same / similarly as on the product page: http://www.drzewiecki-design.net/prodNYCity_X.htm (of course depending on the sim settings). Can you share the screenshot of your sim settings?

There is a "little" mess in your scenery.cfg - missing some areas, different layers and large number of addons (which may cause OOMs too). For me it's worth to rebuild it, however can you show how it looks in your Scenery Library in FSX? Have you tried to add this scenery to the Scenery Library manually? (on the top)

There is also a chance that one of the default FS areas are deactivated in your Scenery library. Some default objects may be used indeed, but this requires all default files to be active. The other case would be of another scenery is higher in the Scenery Library list and it is excluding some our areas. Do you have any other addons for this area?

You may also check if it looks different without New York Airports v2 X DEMO and at the end I can also suggest allow FSX to rebuild fsx.cfg to see if there is any difference (please keep the old one to be able to return to it).
f22 simpilot
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by f22 simpilot »

It's New York City X v2.3.

I deleted FSX.cfg and had it rebuilt. I also deleted the shaders cache. Still looks like I'm missing autogen.

Click each image to show a larger view. https://imgur.com/a/hZ0RSwK

Here is my scenery.cfg screen shot. I had to use this program to disable most of the airports and what have you from loading as I got an OOM flying into NY.

Click each image to view its larger size. https://imgur.com/a/UJAwcOh
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hmm... I believe on the screenshots it looks just as it should and the same as on promo screenshots ( http://www.drzewiecki-design.net/prodNYCity_X.htm ) and online videos posted by users: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... w+york+fsx
FireRx
50-99 posts
50-99 posts

Post by FireRx »

DD,
I'm a little confused. Is there a version 2.4 or was that a mistake awhile back in the thread? and how far away are we from Version 3.0? :D
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hey.
Each topic on the forum ( http://drzewiecki-design.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=23 ) has the latest version given just below a product name.
FireRx
50-99 posts
50-99 posts

Post by FireRx »

thanks DD :D
ejoiner
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: ejoiner

Post by ejoiner »

Hi I own NYC X 2.0 but now am using P3D 4.4. When I tried to install the scenery exe it would not work because it did not see P3D3. is there an installer for P3D 4.4?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi, the compatibility with p3d v4 was added in v2.25 of this product. The latest version of NYC is 2.3, so please download the last version from your sim store.
lquave
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: larry

Re: NY Airports v2 X

Post by lquave »

Before I installed your software, New York City had some basic scenery objects including the Statue of Liberty and the Verrazzano-Narrows Bridge, among other prominent landmarks. After installing your software, I now have a much more complete and interesting city but I now also have TWO Statue of Liberty objects, TWO Verrazzano-Narrows Bridge objects, and (likely) two of many other objects. How do I get rid of the old objects that are duplicated in your software?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Re: NY Airports v2 X

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hello Larry, firstly - you are writing in the NY Airports x2 X thread, but should do it in NY City X thread.

Secondly - can you let us know which sim are you using and confirm that you've tried to reinstall our scenery with admin rights?

You shouldn't see any duplicated objects / landmarks, so definitely something went wrong during the installation process or you have any other product / scenery generating the same or similar objects - it's always worth posting the screenshot, which can help us to identify the problem much faster.