Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Chicago Airports X

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Chicago Airports X for FSX-based platforms by Drzewiecki Design

Product description:
http://www.drzewiecki-design.net/prodCHIads_X.htm

English and Polish discussion and support in this topic / Dyskusja po polsku i po angielsku w tym temacie.

ImageImageImage
Triple-I
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: Ian

Re: Chicago Airports X

Post by Triple-I »

I noticed the airports lights at all 3 airports are not coming on at night unless I reinstall with the option to leave lights on always, checked.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Thanks for this report - will be checked.
Drzewiecki Design Customer Support
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Ian, please note that all lights are SODE-driven and you need to have SODE installed/enabled plus you can not use Time Preview to turn the lights on.
Triple-I
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Triple-I »

Interesting, I might be having an issue with SODE then. There’s another issue I was having that until now I thought was unrelated. I landed at DEN at night and the taxi lights were off. I’ll check my GSX/SODE and check back in. Thanks for the super fast reply. Any idea how I update GSX? I did the FSDT live updater and it didn’t work.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

This is definitely SODE-related. On the other hand light will now automatically turn ON at low visibility which is IMAO a nice feature.

[edit] Additionally you might try installing the Airports package after the City package in case you have both. The city will receive an update in about 1-2 weeks and currently there are some files which were already updated in the Airports package. You can just run the Airports installer once again, this should fix any issues with this.
Triple-I
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Triple-I »

I installed city then airports. I’ll reinstall airports tomorrow, and I’m working on how to update GSX/SODE as well. Will I have to re-download the installation file or will the updates automatically be installed from the one I already have?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

In case of our products you will be notified as soon as a new version is available but in case of other programs please refer to their documentation/support.
Triple-I
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Triple-I »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Wednesday 22 May 2019, 05:22 In case of our products you will be notified as soon as a new version is available but in case of other programs please refer to their documentation/support.
So it seems like I fixed the issue. I had the current SODE, but I uninstalled and reinstalled it, then reinstalled airports with the light on all the time box unchecked, and the issue seems to be fixed. Sorry for the trouble and thanks.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Great to hear - have a nice flying!
TheFl4me
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Tristan_Hancock

Post by TheFl4me »

Im having a couple issues with this scenery, mainly the KORD Airport.

1. None of my aircraft are detecting the ILS 28C signal (according to navigraph the frequency is IVZE 108.95 @ 273crs) Other users are reporting the same thing on twitch. Other runway ILS seem to work fine however.

2. the SODE jetways dont work for me. They wont dock with any doors of my pmdg 747. (some error with elevation or something like that) I also have the latest SODE version 1.6.4 installed.
TheFl4me
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by TheFl4me »

All the issues I mentioned above are documented on the latest stream of chewwy94 (EBBR-KORD)

This is not ment as adertising but rather as proof of my claims that I am not the only one.
hilds434
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by hilds434 »

I'm getting texture bleed through at Midway. Both on the runways and around the terminal aprons. I do not have FlyTampa Midway installed and I don't have another AFCAD that's also active. Only non-stock part of the sim is the Pilots global mesh.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

TheFl4me wrote: Wednesday 22 May 2019, 20:01 None of my aircraft are detecting the ILS 28C signal
It should be 108.95 indeed. Can you check if your sim see it on the map? Have you ever updated your navaids in the sim?
TheFl4me wrote: Wednesday 22 May 2019, 20:01 the SODE jetways dont work for me.
Is there any error or they simply don't want to dock? Are you trying to dock them via SODE or via GSX menu? Is it working for smaller aircrafts in your sim?
hilds434 wrote: Thursday 23 May 2019, 00:15 I'm getting texture bleed through at Midway. Both on the runways and around the terminal aprons.
Can you show it via screenshot please?
TheFl4me
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by TheFl4me »

Martin_Starski wrote: Thursday 23 May 2019, 07:04
TheFl4me wrote: Wednesday 22 May 2019, 20:01 None of my aircraft are detecting the ILS 28C signal
It should be 108.95 indeed. Can you check if your sim see it on the map? Have you ever updated your navaids in the sim?
TheFl4me wrote: Wednesday 22 May 2019, 20:01 the SODE jetways dont work for me.
Is there any error or they simply don't want to dock? Are you trying to dock them via SODE or via GSX menu? Is it working for smaller aircrafts in your sim?
I did check the map and it does infact correctly appear on the map which is the weird thing.

What do you mean by updating navaids? if you mean updating the navigraph airac cycle then, yes I do that every month like one should.
However I do not see how this could be a factor if it appears correctly on the map.

And again, all other ILS for KORD work fine (even the same runway in opposite direction ILS 10C works) so I doubt its on my end.

The error I and other users get for the SODE jetway in combination with the pmdg 777 and 747 is (not the exact words) something like "airplane door is too high for jetway" when infact visually at least they are the exact same height.

This happesn both when trying to dock via GSX,the sode menu or Shift + D.

Again if you check out the latest stream I mentioned you cans see exactly what im describing.