Miami City XP

Latest version: v1.4 (2019)

trisho0
100-199 posts
100-199 posts

Re: Miami City XP

Post by trisho0 »

What installer version is Miami City XP right now?
trisho0
100-199 posts
100-199 posts

Post by trisho0 »

From simmarket the windows installer is version 1.1 Where to get version 1.2?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hello, it's the vendor's responsiblity to update our installers - we provide all of them with the updated versions of our products:

http://drzewiecki-design.net/forum/view ... ?f=3&t=422

By the way of exception I will ask them about this case, but in such cases our users must contact the stores directly.
Drzewiecki Design Customer Support
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Do not worry, v1.1 and v1.2 are pretty much similar. We are planning to make some additional fixes next week and to publish v1.3.
YYZPilot
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: TP

Re: Miami City XP version without Airports? If N how to uninstall them ?

Post by YYZPilot »

Hello. I just purchased DD's Miami City XP scenery for Xplane 11. I also bought DD's Miami City scenery for FSX a while back. In that installer it gave you the option on whether you wanted the Airports Installed . On the Xplane version there is no such option? Long story short , I do not want to install the airports included in your Miami City scenery as I have Nimbus KMIA installed - which I would prefer to use. Can you please tell me how to properly uninstall the airports please or provide an installer that can do this (like FSX version)? Thank You
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hello, our Miami XP is one of our older sceneries and at the moment the feature to install selected airports or city is not available.
We are planning to make some additional fixes and to publish v1.3, but I'm afraid we will not be able to add such feature easily, not in the short term.

I'm not fully sure if it can help but in the attached file you may find DSF and APT file without KMIA to have the scenery created by the other developers. Please make a backup of existing files and try to copy and replace the files in the following directory: X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\DD Miami City XP\Earth nav data\
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Drzewiecki Design Customer Support
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

In the XP environment it is very difficult to provide this option. To do that the whole product must be customized which is impractical as airports are parts of larger files. We will investigate this feature further but as for now this is not really possible. This is exactly why we try to provide to our customers the whole city+airports area so you do not need to worry about adding/removing sceneries from the area covered by our product.
YYZPilot
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: TP

Post by YYZPilot »

Thank you for the prompt reply Stan. This zip attachment works. Might I suggest including that for optional download henceforth - for those that may wish to integrate another airport. MANY THX !! Happy New Year!
Scotty60
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Scotty60

Post by Scotty60 »

I bought Miami City XP and love the detail but I have one question about KMIA. I was wondering if anyone has made ground routes which work with World Traffic 3, if not is there a way to remove KMIA scenery and use nimbus KMIA which I was using before I bought this scenery. I was hoping the airports would be separate from the Miami scenery folder wise.
Scotty60
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Scotty60

Post by Scotty60 »

I just saw the the post up above with the nav data without KMIA and tried it and I think I will stay with the KMIA that comes with the Miami City XP. I will try to make the atc ground routes work for WT3.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

A new version v1.4 of Miami City XP by Drzewiecki Design is now available as a free update.

New in v1.4:
- upgraded Miami city autogen
- airport textures fixed in several places
- you can now easily remove all the airports and use the product with other add-on sceneries
- fully XP-11 compatible installer including navaids

NOTE: we do not support X-Plane 10 any longer. This product is X-Plane 11 only!
Tim/Rodeo314
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Tim/Rodeo314 »

DD Stanislaw wrote: Wednesday 19 Jun 2019, 19:33A new version v1.4 of Miami City XP by Drzewiecki Design is now available as a free update.
Hi,

have you already provided the installer to Aerosoft? I bought Miami City XP from them and they seem to only provide version 1.10 :(
Rman
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Robert

Post by Rman »

I have purchased and installed the Miami City XP. Unfortunately, the Airport Buildings are missing. I believe it may have to do with my scenery_packs.ini. I have attached the latest scenery_packs.ini could you please review the order. As you can see, I own a lot of Payware scenery, yours included.

Regards,

Bob
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
Which option have you selected during install?
In case of manual install - which folder have you selected?
Tim/Rodeo314
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Tim/Rodeo314 »

I managed to get 1.4 from Aerosoft. Having installation options is nice, though I wish you could enable/disable airports separately (i.e. disable just KMIA but keep the Lite version of KOPF and co.).

Also, wouldn't it be easier to split this package in layers like some of your other sceneries? One layer per airport, one layer for photoreal, and one layer for the city itself, would make install/uninstall very easy :)