Seattle Airports XP

Latest version: v1.2 (2020)

Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Re: Seattle Airports XP

Post by Martin_Starski »

gromero83 wrote: Tuesday 28 May 2019, 18:53 still haven't fixed the mssing buildings, floating buildings, missing helipads
gromero83 wrote: Tuesday 28 May 2019, 18:57 And the parking spots in Seattle and NY Airports.
Sorry, I need to check when updates of both packages are planned.
Drzewiecki Design Customer Support
MikeM100
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: MikeM100

Post by MikeM100 »

Any plans to make Seattle Airports compatible with upcoming Orbx Washington TE release?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hello. Firstly currently we are going to update some other XP products. Secondly Orbx Washington True Earth is still not released, but for sure we will take all possible options consideration during the next update.
MikeM100
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: MikeM100

Post by MikeM100 »

Great! Thanks for the response.
Nosferatu
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Nosferatu

Seattle Airports XP/ORBX TE

Post by Nosferatu »

Are there plans to make a patch for ORBX True Earth Washington compatibility? I disabled the surrounding scenery but some airports still cause conflicts or surrounding terrain issues.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Nosferatu wrote: Monday 24 Jun 2019, 00:33 patch for ORBX True Earth Washington
Our preliminary standpoint is mentioned above.
gromero83 wrote: Tuesday 28 May 2019, 18:53 still haven't fixed the mssing buildings, floating buildings, missing helipads
gromero83 wrote: Tuesday 28 May 2019, 18:57 And the parking spots in Seattle and NY Airports.
We already need to update some other XP products, but I'm pretty sure that in the future we will do the update of Seattle Airports XP too, even if it's not scheduled yet. I think we know how to fix the problem with default loading points at stands, but the bigger problem is with floating buildings because there is no easy function as "Flatten". But as you may see in case of our other sceneries, we put forth our best efforts to provide you with the updates of our products / packages.
Woogey
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Woogey »

Ok here is my experience so far with Seattle Airports and ORBX TE: ORBX Terrain mesh is correct, and should be used. The DD Airports look good although there are some anomalies that affect the mesh around Renton and Boeing Field. I believe that these two airports use flattens for some unknown reason. These flattens cut away at the surrounding hills that are supposed to slope right down into the and stop right at the perimeter roads. with the DD airports installed we get large flat areas followed by an abrupt cliff to the immediate West side of KRNT (The Rainier Ave side) Also, across town to the SE there is a, abrupt vertical cliff with blurred stretched textures right next the the cedar river valley portion of the city of Renton.

Boeing field had a large flatten that protrudes into Beacon Hill just east of the Rail yard. I am not exactly sure why this is present? Neither of these mesh issues are present in the FSX/P3d version of the scenery, so I am not sure why they manifest themselves here? If I remove the DD Airports leaving only standard ORBX TE scenery, the terrain mesh looks perfect. Is there a way to remove the Airports "Flatten" files out of the DD Scenery? Also, As far as the parking goes, the default airports have fairly accurate parking for reference. The one thing I would add, is specific parking spots for the King County Sheriff Guardian 1 & 2, Kiro 7 News, and KOMO 4 News helicopters to Renton.

As always I am onsite at KRNT and KBFI every day, if you guys have any questions, I am here to help!

-Preston
brian pfeiffer
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by brian pfeiffer »

I hope you can help me. I want to get ORBX TrueEarth for Washington State. I have your DD Seattle Airports XP, I want to keep using them, but ORBX said that for them to work I must remove your airports Mesh. Can you tell me what files to remove? I appreciate it.
Woogey
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Woogey »

Hello Brian,

ORBX, specifically suggest that you remove the file titled ZZZ Seattle Airports Terrain Mesh, or something to that effect. The suggestion is that you just rename its file extension to .off which would render it unusable by the sim. Personally I just remove it altogether, saving it in a different folder location. However let it be known that this file only affects SeaTac airport and the big retaining wall at the North end of the runway. It will not remove the anomalies at KRNT and KBFI. If you’re not from the Seattle area, you will not notice these two airports anomalies. Overall, the DD airports blend well with TE.

-Preston
F1le
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: F1le

Post by F1le »

Are we moving forward with DD Seattle Airportts vs Orbx TE anyway?

SCENERY_PACK_DISABLED Custom Scenery/ZZZ DD Seattle Airports XP Terrain/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/DD Seattle Airports ARoads/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/DD Seattle Airports XP/
ORBX

Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

According to my knowledge at the moment we are still focused on some other projects / updates. As soon as we have more news, we will publish them here.
Woogey
5-12 posts
5-12 posts

Post by Woogey »

Hey guys please after Chicago is released, take the time to Address the issues with Seattle Airports in XP. This is not necessarily an ORBX compatibility issue, as the problems persist with KBFI and KRNT with only default XP Scenery mesh and DRZ airports installed.

It is suggested that you remove the airport flattens altogether and hand place each building, hangar, and object onto the standard mesh to alleviate any “floating buildings”.

In the case of KPAE, the ORBX mesh is actually more highly detailed and Accurate than Default XP or DRZ, it would be greatly appreciated to have an actual compatibility file for DRZ and ORBX.

Finally I have some additional parking spot suggestions, for both KRNT and KBFI that would be greatly appreciated if someone would like to conference with me. I would gladly pay for a V2 edition of the scenery to help fund these changes.

-Preston
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Let me check this topic with my colleagues.
alanrco
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: alanrco

Post by alanrco »

KSEA IS BRILLIANT! But.... I have only the airports and city and WT3 and V4 mesh all in the right order. I landed at KPAE and all I have is as image. Not tried the other airports yet. Really annoying!Image
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

My presumption is that your 3rd party addon providing other mesh is not compatibile with our scenery package. Have you checked if everything is ok if you disable it?