Latest version: v1.4 (2020)

Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Re: Chicago Airports X

Post by Martin_Starski »

noisy wrote: Thursday 04 Jul 2019, 11:22It is now fixed
Glad to hear that the problem is solved. It's really hard to say what was the cause of problem - as far as I know "Delete Generated Files" is somehow like a "Nuclear Option" for P3D - it removes the generated content from the Prepar3D v4 folders in the Roaming, Local and the ProgramData path, which in fact brings Prepar3D v4 back to a default state. What is very important - this action temporarily disable 3rd Party Software / Addon's, which have to be re-installed.
Drzewiecki Design Customer Support
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

noisy wrote: Thursday 04 Jul 2019, 11:22 aircraft falls through the bridge when crossing it
noisy wrote: Thursday 04 Jul 2019, 11:22 PMDG 747-8 the nose slams down just after touchdown),
Thanks for letting us know about the problem - we will try to check it.
Can you show them via screenshots please?
Which sim version are we talking about?
May I understand that you don't have any other mesh problems in this area? Do you have any other addons / meshes, which may have influence?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Matthias, please try setting the mesh setting to the highest value. You may also limit the speed a bit when entering the bridge. There is a slight slope and with a very heavy aircraft the speed might matter.
noisy
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Matthias

Post by noisy »

Hi Stanislaw,
DD Stanislaw wrote: Thursday 04 Jul 2019, 12:10 Matthias, please try setting the mesh setting to the highest value. You may also limit the speed a bit when entering the bridge. There is a slight slope and with a very heavy aircraft the speed might matter.
As I wrote setting highest mesh resolution of 1m helps with the bridge, but I have other problems with that setting. After installing Chicago Airports X I did a landing on 28C with PMDG 747 and about one second after touchdown the nose suddenly dropped down (pitch instantly dropped from 5 to 0 degrees). I repeated the same landing several times with the same result. I have no idea if this problem is caused by PMDG, the scenery or the combination of both. Then I noticed mesh resolution was set to 1m and changed it back to my previous setting of 5m, repeated the same landing a few times again and everything went normal. But now I have the problem with the bridge on taxiway B (taxiing over the other bridge on A seems to work). I already tried taxiing very slowly, unfortunately it didn't help.
Martin_Starski wrote: Thursday 04 Jul 2019, 11:37 Thanks for letting us know about the problem - we will try to check it.
Can you show them via screenshots please?
Which sim version are we talking about?
May I understand that you don't have any other mesh problems in this area? Do you have any other addons / meshes, which may have influence?
I don't think this can be shown in a screenshot, would require making a video. I'm on vacation for the next two weeks, currently I can only give a description of the problems until I return.
I'm using P3D 4.5 with ORBX Global, Vector, OpenLC, Chicago Airports and City, no mesh addons.

Best regards,
Matthias
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Matthias, the bridge will probably not work with any lower setting. Taxiway bridges are very sensitive to mesh as there are few-centimeter differencies in ground levels. What has to be investigated is the "bump" on the runway you have described. This should definitely not happen and such things are usually related to f/e multiple afcad issue.
Lwarnell01
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Louis

Post by Lwarnell01 »

Good afternoon, I have a problem with the B737 showing up with its nose stuck in the hangar at Midway airport Gate A11 after I install Airport X. This is the gate that I use mostly so when the sim starts, the aircraft defaults to this gate. Any suggestions.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Can you please show the problem via screenshot?
Do you mean the static aircraft,right? Have you tried to reinstall with no statics option?
ddajetking777
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: Doug

Post by ddajetking777 »

I have 2 computers. One for P3Dv3 and one for the Avionics. I installed P3D v3 on the Avionics computer and now the RAAS is working.

Your products are Excellent !! I’ll be downloading more. Thx. Doug
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Nice to hear - thanks!
captain
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Captain

Post by captain »

May I know for FSX, do I need to set autogen to maximum? I see the airport buildings and city buildings, but all the small houses outside the airport does not appear. I tried setting autogen to maximum, but the result is that an oil tank is on the houses of the photoreal base, houses are on the roads, not the same like what the product photo shows, where there are a lot of grey houses accurately placed around the airport.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Of course with max autogen you will have much better view and more buildings, but still with medium or dense settings it should look nice in case of our products / sceneries. However I presume we are talking about default autogen in this case, especially if you see some houses on the roads. The best view you will get with Chicago City X (http://www.drzewiecki-design.net/prodCHIcity_X.htm), which is fully compatibile with Chicago Airports X.
captain
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by captain »

So that means the small houses in your product's pictures are all autogen? If so, do you know where can I get better autogen apart from the default one?
captain
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by captain »

It will be great if I have a Manhattan style Chicago.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

captain wrote: Wednesday 10 Jul 2019, 06:48 the small houses in your product's pictures are all autogen
Frankly speaking it's hard to say anything more about "this autogen", because you didn't send any screenshots to show what you are talking about. I presume that you have Chicago Airports X package, which - as the name says it - refers to the airports. If you'd like to see nice surroundings / city, you need to buy our Chicago City X (product link was posted by me below).
american398
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: american398

Post by american398 »

ILS 10R still doesn't work.