Chicago Airports X

Latest version: v1.4 (2020)

ddajetking777
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: Doug

Re: Chicago Airports X

Post by ddajetking777 »

P3dv3. This KORD scenery is at the top of the scenery library in p3d. The only thing I can think of is I had FS dreamteam ORD scenery but I deleted it.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

The question is if the unistaller removed all files/changes of the old one. Have you tried to search if there are any non-Drzewiecki files relating to KORD in your P3D v3 folder?
Drzewiecki Design Customer Support
iapilot20
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by iapilot20 »

Hello,
I have this issue with midway ground texture.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
WN737
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: Chris

Post by WN737 »

All the EMAS sections at MDW are black, I just reinstalled off SimMarket, anti virus off as admin, any ideas?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Sorry, it's a fault of our installer - in the meantime please install KPWK which should solve the problem. It will be solved in the next update.
RobertO1035
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Rob

Un-install / Re-install

Post by RobertO1035 »

I think I installed Chicago X and Chicago X airports in the wrong order. How do I uninstall these programs? I can't find any Chicago X programs in the Control Panel to uninstall. When I run the installers, I do not get the option to uninstall.

Thanks!
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

There is no uninstaller indeed,
From which sim you'd like to uninstall it?

If we are talking about P3D v4, you only need to remove the respective folders from the following location: ...\Users\username\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons and then remove the folders from "Addon Scener" folder. Then start the sim.

If it's the other sim or the scenery was added to the "Scenery Library" manually, it's necessesary to remove the respective entry from there, close the simulator and afterwards remove the respective folders from "Addon Scenery" - that should be enough.
RobertO1035
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by RobertO1035 »

The sim is P3D V4. This is the folder you instructed me to locate the files. There are no folders.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

It does not matter which order you had installed them in.
RobertO1035
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by RobertO1035 »

Well, I'm asking how do I uninstall and reinstall. I can't find any folders to delete. Please instruct me how and where to find the folders for KORD and KMDW.

Thank you!
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

I'm not sure if you are checking the one that it was indicated by me. Definitely there should be the Chicago Airports X folder having Add-on.xml - can you try to find Chicago folders via Win search function? You may also try to start the installer and untick all airports which should remove them from the sim. The question Is why are you doing this? Something is not working properly?
Juergen2
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Juergen

Post by Juergen2 »

Hi,
Is it possible to uninstall KORD only from my machine?
I have purchased / installed Chicago Airport X and Chicago City X and running it on P3Dv4.5. I would like to retain KMDW as well as Chicago Executive airport in my scenery.
Also, I used to work at LH Cargo in Chicago and we had and still have 2 aircraft parking positions:
1. the nose-in position into the building for the B747 and a 2nd ramp to the right facing the building from the ramp. Both position are not available to start a flight from the LH Cargo building (I can not select the positions in the simulator).
Thanks for reply
Juergen Mader
Juergen2
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Juergen

Post by Juergen2 »

Hi,
I just checked my file explorer and can NOT find a > Documents > Prepar3D v4 Add-ons > Chicago Airport X folder with an .xml file. The Chicago X folder is there and also the associated .xml file to load city scenery.
I also have NY Airports v2 X and New York City X installed and they are both located in the "Prepar3D v4 Add-ons" folder and have a .xml file to load the scenery.
I than checked: C: . FSP3D > Addon Scenery folder, it has both NY City X and NY Airports v2X as well as Chicago X folder; but there is NO Chicago Airports folder.
Now I did a search for "Chicago Airports X" in the file explorer and it returned only .pdf (manuals) files as well as a internet explorer manual, but no other folders.
I know the airports do show up in P3D, since I just finished a flight to KMDW.
So how are the airports loaded into the P3D scenery?
Thanks for reply
Juergen Mader
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Juergen2 wrote: Thursday 22 Aug 2019, 18:49 I just checked my file explorer and can NOT find a > Documents > Prepar3D v4 Add-ons > Chicago Airport X folder with an .xml file. The Chicago X folder is there and also the associated .xml file to load city scenery.
According to the manual / pdf file attached to the scenery: "To uninstall/deactivate the product simply remove its Scenery Library entry (in P3Dv4 you need to remove the “add-on.xml” located in My Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-
ons\Chicago X folder). Additionally you can remove the “Chicago X” folder from the FS/Addon Scenery however this will also remove the Chicago Airports X product if installed, since both products share the same folder."

So, as it's mentioned - there is one add-on.xml according to which the scenery is installed in the sim. If you want to start installing both products again, please remove the Chicago X folder from My Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons and then remove the Chicago X folder from (...) Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Addon Scenery\.
Juergen2 wrote: Thursday 22 Aug 2019, 18:19 Is it possible to uninstall KORD only from my machine?
Yes, simply start the installer again, unmark KORD and continue the installation - it should be deactivated then.
Drumcode
13-25 posts
13-25 posts
Name: Jacek

Post by Drumcode »

Stan or Martin. I'd like to try the other ORD and want to find out whether the surrounding textures around the airport like Rosemont area etc can be retained from your scenery? If so, which bgls should/can I keep? Hopefully I'm not too creative here, haha. Thanks guys.