Brgds
Juergen Mader
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Re: Chicago Airports X

Post by Martin_Starski »

Juergen2 wrote: Friday 23 Aug 2019, 08:40that worked.
I'm glad to hear it :D
Drumcode wrote: Thursday 22 Aug 2019, 22:05 I'd like to try the other ORD and want to find out whether the surrounding textures
If you remove KORD from the airports package and leave the city only, all city textures will not be touched, but all phototextures relating to KORD will be removed. Nothing else can be changed from our perspective.
Drzewiecki Design Customer Support
Mets747
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Mets747 »

Are the black textures on the EMAS and the funky ground textures at Midway going to be fixed in the next update? If not what am I able to do for a temporary fix? Thanks!
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

This error will be fixed in the next update indeed. In the meantime please simply install KPWK which should solve the problem.
Skypoint
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Jay

Post by Skypoint »

Hi, I purchased and installed Chicago City & Airports last night and am getting a crash to desktop when starting up at KORD with the PMDG 737. I have GSX with Level 2 expansion. The same happened at KMDW. I've read the system setup document and have everything dialed back to under half. I have Ultimate Traffic and Active Sky and the system crashed while loading, so I turned those off. With nothing running except the AC I can start at the runway without out a crash, however when taxiing near the gate I get repeated audio warnings that it's out of memory. I was able to park long enough to see that that the SODE gates worked before crashing. My system is decent, I7-7700, 16 Ram, nvidia 970. I have have FSDT and Flightbeam airports without the issue. Lastly, I can start with a stock Cessna 172 without the OOM warnings or crashing to the DT. Any ideas of what may be happening?

Thanks for your help!

Jay
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
If this is FSX, please make sure to install the product with the Lite Texture Pack enabled.
Skypoint
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Jay

Post by Skypoint »

I should've mentioned it is FSX, sorry! Yes, I did install with lite textures and omitted static aircraft, runway lights and airport details.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Audio warnings mean that it's OOM issue. Please remember that It is also very demanding area with a lot of autogen - detailed scenery requires more resources than a less detailed scenery... even if it is optimized as much as possible.

The OOM problem is something that is related to FSX engine, which is 32bit - in P3D v4, which is 64bit, such problem shouldn't exist.

What texture resolution is set in your sim? Please share your sim settings.
High AI traffic makes a huge difference too.
Have you also tried to leave only the airports from the package that you want to use - it may be worth deactivating the ones which you are not going to use.
And finally - have you ever modified your fsx.cfg? Some changes may have the influence to such problems.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

What sceneries exactly do you have for the Chicago area?
FSDT KORD?
ORBX Meigs?
Anything else?

From your description it sounds like you fly with:
-Chicago City + Chicago Airports only with Lite Texture Packs
-default C172
-medium graphic settings
-GSX2

If this configuration causes instant OOMs then I would consider a hardware (f/e RAM blocks) failure or some kind of a proccess (svhost for example) running in the background and using a significant amount of RAM.
ianj844
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: ianj844

Post by ianj844 »

So I use a GSX L2 config with KORD for jetways thus requiring me to disable the KORD_X.sdx file by changing it to KORD_X.sdx.off. The issue with this is it also disables my runway and taxiway lights. Is there a way we can get the a version of the SODE file without the jetway's or an encrypted regular .xml file thus allowing us to combine the product with GSX level 2 without loosing our lighting?
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

We do not provide any support of replacing our jetways, especially by the 3rd party objects which may have the significant influence to the performance of our sceneries. But you may try Cartayna files, which may be some kind of solution for you: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index. ... 008.0.html
ianj844
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by ianj844 »

That is exactly what I am doing. The issue is in order to get this to work you must disable to KORD_X.sdx file in SODE thus also disabling the runway and taxiway lights.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

In this case why don't you contact the author directly: https://www.facebook.com/groups/534069540668364/
This might be the most efficient way to solve the problem.
ianj844
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by ianj844 »

Because it has NOTHING to do with the configuration files rather the fact that you do not provide a regular .xml file for sode but rather an encrypted version. I understand the fact that you wish to keep your work protected but this removes this option for users that want to do this. Again it HAS nothing to do with the configuration files or GSX. It was to do with the fact that the users only option for disabling the SODE jetways at this scenery is to completely disable to .sdx file thus also disabling all airport lighting.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Well, our product works fine and we indeed choose to keep the code secure in the SDX file, which has been the basic SODE functionality since the very beginning.

If you wish to edit our product using third-party software and you encounter issues, please contact the provider of that third-party software. In case of Cartayna what might be done is simply include the lighting together with the edited XML (SDX). I am sure Javier would not have any problems with that if only this is reported to him.