NY Airports v2 X

Latest version: v2.6 (2020)

Alexander Matth
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Re: NY Airports v2 X

Post by Alexander Matth »

and there are also reflections of the ground where my acft stands reflected by the building across the apron, with a buildung inbeteween - this is a bit annoying.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Alexander, we will consider all your suggestions and eventually do the changes in the next update. On the other hand - as it was mentioned it's demanding area and sometimes we need to take shortcuts or to work out the compromise between quality and performance to make the scenery functional.
Drzewiecki Design Customer Support
Alexander Matth
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Alexander Matth »

Hi,

thank you for your reply.

I understand, that its a demanding area and compromises have to be made.. but, and these are only my 2 cents - is it really better to have those -fps affecting, very unreal reflections *just* to have them? Or wouldnt the scenery be better without them, if its not possible to render and program them in a realistic and nice way without hitten the fps brake so much?

I can imagine that there are a few people out there who think the same way - but also there will be some people out there censored-storming you for not having reflections :) Could a customizable option be the solution for that?

Thank you for your time and consideration - as always great support from you guys! (other then other dev... *cough*)
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
The reflections look normal to me - there are no interiors in those models so basically everything is reflected at about 50% strenght. In our newer sceneries this look better since there are interiors included and also more advanced techniques used for realistic reflections. Here is an example from KORD:

What you can do is try switching the Dynamic Reflection OFF in the sim settings. This won't make it look more realistic but you might prefer that effect rather than what you have now.

The PAPI in this case is missing simply because it wasn't implemented at the real airport when the scenery was created. Hereafter we thank you a lot for your report - we will add the PAPI in the next update of the project.
CraigyW
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Craigy

Post by CraigyW »

Hi

I recently purchased the NY scenery and when approaching NY KJFK/KLGA or on the ground at Prepar3d startup, Prepar3d crashes to desktop after initially loading scenery. I don't have this problem with any other scenery installed on my computer. I am using Prepar3d version 4.5 academic version. Any ideas as to what may be causing this?

Thanks
Cheers
Craig
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Hi, firstly please confirm that you have the last version of our scenery and that you tried to reinstall it with admin rights.

Have you also tried it with "Lite texture pack"?
You may also try to leave only only one airport and see if it makes any change.

Is it a classic "crash to desktop" or there is any error message?

Is it possible that our scenery may be in conflict of any of the old sceneries that we're installed in your sim for this area? Or maybe conflict in any other addon?
natbrain
0-1 posts
0-1 posts
Name: Nathan

Post by natbrain »

Is it possible to turn on the airport lights with the QW 787? Normally you tune to 112.000 on Nav2, but I don't think that's possible with QW 787, so the airport is dark at night.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi.
112.0 NAV2 works indeed for manual switching of the lights ON however in addition to that lights switch ON automatically at night.
mngamer612
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: CalebWilliams

Post by mngamer612 »

Hi all. I recently purchased both NY Airports packs. When flying at night or in dark conditions I have been experiencing a weird issue with FSX: I get boxes everywhere. They are 2d as shown below at LGA on runway 4:
boxes.jpg
Can anyone point me in the right direction of a fix? I have searched online, but never found anything like this.\

- Caleb
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Looks like DX10 to me.
None of our sceneries are compatible with the DX10 Preview mode without using this additional product (payware): https://stevesfsxanalysis.wordpress.com ... -purchase/
mngamer612
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by mngamer612 »

Martin_Starski wrote: Friday 11 Oct 2019, 19:19 Looks like DX10 to me.
None of our sceneries are compatible with the DX10 Preview mode without using this additional product (payware): https://stevesfsxanalysis.wordpress.com ... -purchase/
Okay. I will take a look at that. I appreciate your assistance.
mngamer612
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by mngamer612 »

Marcin, thank you very much. These sceneries are now working.
Aviation1281
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Bill

Post by Aviation1281 »

Mix up with gates 88-86 @ KEWR.. Called up GSX to meet me at gate 86 but instead they were at 88.. I got the GSX profile from inibuilds.. So I am not sure if when they built the newer GSX SODE layout if they mixed the gates up or if they were mixed accidentally before that or what.. Or how we go about fixing this minor issue .. It seems to me just the something got crossed up and I'm not sure if is something I can fix from my end on GSX control panel or if its actually an old airport issue.. Not sure.. So is why I am asking about it..
Aviation1281
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Bill

Post by Aviation1281 »

Ok adding too I went in and investigated some more.. It does appear to be an airport issue, because even on P3DV4.5 when you go to select the airport and then go under gates even though you have gate C 88 there, its not listed in the gate to choose to go too menu.. only Gate 86 is there and 87 but not 88.. can you possibly do an update please and add in gate 88 so that it gets recognized please ??
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Aviation1281 wrote: Tuesday 26 Nov 2019, 01:02 Mix up with gates 88-86
Aviation1281 wrote: Tuesday 26 Nov 2019, 01:02 Gate 86 is there and 87 but not 88
You need to make it a little bit more precise, because I feel lost.
When you choose the gate 86 in the sim, your plane is being loaded there or at any other stand? GSX should read our afcad file, but you mentioned that you have the GSX profile from inibuilds, which I cannot check.
You are not able to choose gate 88 in P3D to load your plane there, right? It can be caused by the fact that in our afcad this gates may be designed for static plane - I need to check it eventually.