Seattle City X

Latest version: v1.4 (2020)

kmelz
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Re: Seattle City X

Post by kmelz »

Can anyone confirm that the latest version is 1.3? I'm downloading it off simmarket and it gives me ver 1.05
kmelz
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by kmelz »

Hah disregard last. found it
tangjuice81
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: TANG

Post by tangjuice81 »

I have T2G KSEA, ORBX PNW, vector, NA LC etc, and I'm not sure what's the issue but I'm seeing black spots around the city, and around airports. I have v1.3 but I'm unable to download DD Seattle City again because FSPilotshop is down and for some reason my order is not there. Which is a pain. However, I tried the Seattle city Demo and the missing areas are there. Need suggestions please. Thanks.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

tangjuice81 wrote: Wednesday 11 Sep 2019, 22:49 I'm seeing black spots
Hi, it's hard to say about something that it's not being showed via screenshot, but I believe that those black areas (around airports) are populated with objects when the Airports package is installed. Providing another texture set with no ground shadows was impractical for many reasons. Of course the easiest way to solve those black shadows problem would be for T2G to develop those buildings which they have missed. Unfortunately it is not possible to make a product 100% looking great with all kind of addon combinations and we were happy of achieving the full operational compatibility with the T2G scenery with as little errors as possible plus the 100% compatibility with all ORBX addons. You know - you can use both products together but our city product was mainly designed to be used with airports product obviously, so although you can use other KSEA sceneries the best visuals will be achieved when using the product with our airport.

Regarding FSPilotshop - please read this post: http://drzewiecki-design.net/forum/view ... hop#p17836
Drzewiecki Design Customer Support
tangjuice81
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by tangjuice81 »

Sorry about not having a reference. Here's a picture. About FSPILOTSHOP that's not in our best interest. They need to get that issue fixed. But thanks for the notice.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Tang, do you mind trying it with our own KSEA? If so, please let me know via official e-mail.
tangjuice81
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by tangjuice81 »

I'll try that. Sorry for the late reply. Thanks.
tangjuice81
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by tangjuice81 »

So in the midst of all the headache I uninstalled the T2G KSEA and got DD Seattle Airports and no issues. So apparently T2G may have some compatibility issues with DD Seattle City X. I do like that the DD KSEA is up-to-date. It's another reason I use DD KJFK rather than FSDT KJFK.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

It's great that you like it :)
ahuimanu
5-12 posts
5-12 posts
Name: ahuimanu

Post by ahuimanu »

Hello Developers,

Has the issue with the night textures for Mt. Rainier been updated/resolved?

I am about to install version 1.3.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Negative
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

No yet :)
Alejanjardo
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Alejandro

Post by Alejanjardo »

Hello,

Installed Seattle City X on FSW and I'm getting these elevation issues especially near the seaplane areas. How do I fix?
water prob.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hello.
It would be great if you could eliminate any potential causes for this behaviour like any type of conflicts with other software. Without any more detailed information, it is hard to say what really makes the mesh look this way I am afraid.
Alejanjardo
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Alejandro

Post by Alejanjardo »

I don't have any other scenery or addons installed, I removed demo versions of other areas to make sure.

I did some searching - Maybe it has something to do with how FSW handles its ORBX built in? Just wondering because I found an ORBX folder with a file in it that I didn't recognize in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSW\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_PNW06_CVX\scenery, "cvx_FTX_PNW_water_US_N47-48_summer.BGL" and I didn't put it there.

I found this
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=403&start=660
and followed the suggestion to remove the file "0_cvx_PNW_KPAE_lake_excludes.BGL" from the Seattle X/scenery folder, but that didn't fix it. I also made sure to "verify integrity of game files" on Steam.