Latest version: v1.6 (2020)

hansweijers
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: Hans

Re: Moscow City X

Post by hansweijers »

Hallo Martin,
My AIRAC file is up to date: 1019. But I solved the problem, although I still dont understand it: I noticed that, when I opened Windows Explorer during a FSX session, in order to investigate the file with the airport data if the runways were present or not. Well: During a session of FSX with a PMDG Boeing, the runways weren't present. After closing FSX and everything and I opened the Windows explorer: Runways of UUEE were present. I did : Ctr+C of teh lines with the UUEE runways and opened the FSX again and when everything was quiet. The airplane at a gate of UUEE. Now I opened the explorer again and looked for the file with the airport data. I found only the line: UUEE Sheremetyevo X with the digits of the ARP. At that moment I did: Ctr+V and the lines with the runway data were inserted. Closing the Explorer and opened the FMC. Inserted the route UUEE to EDDF p.e. and pushed DEP/ARR. Now the runways were present at UUEE. I fly as happy as always to and from UUEE. But do you understand what was wrong? Sincerely, Hans Weijers
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts
Name: Marcin

Post by Martin_Starski »

Frankly speaking I have no idea. From my perspective the only part, that can be read by sim, is our AFCAD. If it's doubled somehow, it may cause a problem, but probably not the one that you described.

BTW: it's the thread for Moscow City X and for UUEE there is a separate one.
Drzewiecki Design Customer Support
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Stanisław

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Moscow City X v1.4 has been sent to stores.

You should be notified by a store as soon as the new version becomes available. To download the new version simply log in into your account at the store where you've purchased this product. The update is published as a complete installer.

Please note - you do not have to remove the previous version in order to install the update.

Changes in the new version:
- full compatibility with UUEE Moscow Sheremetyevo X V2 in terms of aerial image blendmask, autogen, mesh and car traffic
- UUBW - new static aircraft
- UUWW - new static aircraft, afcad fixes, new jetways, extra buildings added
- UUDD - new static aircraft, new airport layout, new terminal building, extra buildings added

ImageImageImage
christinney
2-4 posts
2-4 posts

Post by christinney »

Great news! Right in time for some winter flying into Moscow :)

Is the new runway 14/32 available at UUDD with this update?
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

christinney wrote: Friday 01 Nov 2019, 10:28 Is the new runway 14/32 available at UUDD with this update?
Yes, it is :)
skyteam78
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: skyteam78

Post by skyteam78 »

After reinstalling Moscow city and installing ver 1.4, there is no folder "Moscow City" in Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons,
so I guess that scenery is not added to P3D.
How to solve this?
Thanks
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Have you installed with admin rights? Maybe please try to remove the existing folders and install v1.4 again.
DD Stanislaw
Administrator
Administrator

Post by DD Stanislaw »

Hi!
Actually - it should and now as I test it - it does. Perhaps you may indeed try to run it with the admin rights.
skyteam78
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: skyteam78

Post by skyteam78 »

Actually I did. I installed with admin rights.
I tried to reinstall but it there are still no folder created.
Finally I created it manually and it works. Thanks anyway.
tasso1988
0-1 posts
0-1 posts

Post by tasso1988 »

Hello! Does anyone know if the problem with Justsim UUWW mesh transition has been solved? I see the same problem with cliffs to the north of the airport after update of Moscow City X to version 1.4. I didnt find any information from Justsim developers either.
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

It probably relates to the UUWW scenerie's mesh design. Moscow City X includes a high resolution SRTM data implemented and add-on airports need to have a transition from an airport flatten to that mesh (as we did in our Sheremetyevo). Sorry but you need to push JustSim to do that transition correctly.
Afterburner
13-25 posts
13-25 posts

Post by Afterburner »

Hello,

Today I wanted to fly out of UUWW, but AI traffic never took off from runway 19, because the holding point is too far away from the runway. (Another user mentioned this problem earlier). I thought that the newest update to 1.4 had fixed this (since the changelog mentions "afcad fixes"), but apparently not.

My question is: Could we have an optional, alternative AFCAD file for UUWW that has the holding points close enough to the runways? This may not quite correspond to reality, but I am sure that to those who use AI traffic, this would still be better than having the airplanes not taking off at all. It would be great if you could upload the alternative AFCAD file.

Thank you for your consideration!
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

Thanks for this info - let us check what we can we do now.
presnyakof
2-4 posts
2-4 posts
Name: presnyakof

Post by presnyakof »

Hello.

I recently bought Moscow City X. But it does not work. It does not produce errors, but in Documents - Prepar3D v4 Add-ons does not create either a file or a directory. I started installation with admin rights, created manually a directory - does not work (either there is no effect, or an empty xml file is created).
Martin_Starski
200+ posts
200+ posts

Post by Martin_Starski »

presnyakof wrote: Sunday 29 Dec 2019, 19:53 But it does not work
It's possible that something is wrong with the installer - we will check this a.s.a.p.

In the meantime, please download the attached zip file, unzip it and put the folder in the following location ...\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons
Then please open this folder and edit the add-on.xml document in notepad by adding the correct path to the Moscow City X folder in your PC, which should be located in the main P3D folder -> Addon Scenery - it should look something like this ...\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Addon Scenery\Moscow City X
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.